Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

2002 Escape drive shaft boot

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 AM
jtkk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Escape drive shaft boot

Hello I am new here, would like to ask a question, we have a 2002 Ford Escape, can the boot that is on the driveshaft be replaced , this is not a cv boot or boot for front and rear axles, but the boot up on the front of the drive shaft? Thanks Jerry, PLEASE HELP , CAN THEY BE REPLACED, AND DOES ANYBODY HAVE ONE?

Last edited by jtkk; 06-17-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-16-2011, 03:37 PM
jtkk
New User
No replies

I guess this question stumped everyone? Does anybody out there have a drive shaft boot that I can get. They do not sell them without the driveshaft. Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try a junkyard.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 AM
jtkk
New User
Boot

Thanks for the reply, I did they will only sell complete driveshaft, I dont need driveshaft, just boot.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:18 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jtkk
Thanks for the reply, I did they will only sell complete driveshaft, I dont need driveshaft, just boot.
If that's the case, the only way to get one is right from the manufacture's assembly line. Someone would have to ****** one for you!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 PM
jtkk
New User
Help

Somebody must have one of these boots.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 PM
wptski
Posting Guru
Somebody must have one of these boots.
Why would somebody just have a extra boot just lying around?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM
jtkk
New User
Boot

Well there was a couple of guys on here in a different post dated back in January and they had photos on here where they had a couple of bad driveshafts with the boots on them, I guess that would be why!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 07:28 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Well there was a couple of guys on here in a different post dated back in January and they had photos on here where they had a couple of bad driveshafts with the boots on them, I guess that would be why!!!
If that's the case, contact them directly. Maybe they'd like to keep them for parts also!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:52 AM
jtkk
New User
Boots

Sir why are you being so negative to me and sarcastic, it is clearly seen here in your comments. I thought that these forums were to help each other. Please keep you negative and sarcastic comments to yourself. Thank you Jerry

Old 06-18-2011, 10:19 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Sir why are you being so negative to me and sarcastic, it is clearly seen here in your comments. I thought that these forums were to help each other. Please keep you negative and sarcastic comments to yourself. Thank you Jerry
It is for help to diagnose problems and where you might locate parts but your expecting someone to come up with a used part for you. So far, I never seen anyone offer anyone a used part that they had. Your expecting way too much and suggest that someone is holding back on you because you've seen post where someone replaced a shaft.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:34 PM
jtkk
New User
Thanks

Thanks for your time, but I did not expect it for free I would gladly pay for it

Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
wptski
Posting Guru
Thanks for your time, but I did not expect it for free I would gladly pay for it
That wouldn't matter. If someone kept the old shaft for spare parts, they'd be keeping that for themselves.

There are many other situations where things are only sold with/as a assembly. The 4WD rearend is one. Other than seals, you'd have to purchase the whole rearend. Even the dealer would have to do that as it's not serviceable and that's in the manual.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:15 PM
jtkk
New User
boots

You cant stop can you sir, you never know some people do have driveshafts that have gone bad and simply could have them laying around, if that is not true than why is it in January of this year on this forum a person that goes by ncranchero posted a photograph of not 1 but 2 that he has, I do not know if he was saving tyhem for parts or not, but I am trying to contact him to get a reply, just no reply yet, also yes you are right about the Ford company or companies like Cardone that rebuilds them , they DO HAVE THE BOOTS BUT WILL NOT SELL ONE , sorry but to me that reminds me alot about seeing how hard you can scr*w your fellow brother instead of trying to help them, and hopefully that is the way we should all be on these forums, I also own a REAL CAR- 69 Firebird " custom built showcar" and on the forums we are there to help each other not hurt each other , and not see if we can scr*w someone because we have something they NEED!!! I have already been helped on here by a guy who goes by Lazy K, very nice guy and went out of his way to help me out, I dont see why u cant stop trying to be negative towards me , although no problem , you have a nice weekend sir. Happy Fathers Day

Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 PM
ncranchero
Postmaster

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jerry, I just saw your message and have sent you an e-mail. IF that driveshaft is still around here you certainly can get the boot ......if I can get it off.

Sorry you ran into this negativity in a help request !

THIS sure beats the price of a driveshaft and would have fixed the bad one I had. I don't think they had these back when I needed it though. Besides, I think I paid around $100 for the whole two piece shaft.

Quick Reply: 2002 Escape drive shaft boot