6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Power stroke getting outrun?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:10 PM
tolliewolly
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power stroke getting outrun?

Man I love fords and wanted to see what you guys thought about Chevys video showing the 6.7 getting out run by a chevy. Is that true? I bet the power stroke killed it. Also that twist video gave me cold chills. I don't know what to think about that one.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 PM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't find the video credible. Hollywood can make any untrue fantasy seem true.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM
tolliewolly
Laughing Gas
They did say they used that trusting company that tests stuff. Those videos really have me scratching my head and I have been wanting to ask you guys your thoughts.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
It's marketing 101. If you're gullible enough to buy into what they're selling, then they have succeeded.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 PM
ninerM1000
Senior User
Even "IF" everything was true on that commercial,would that that change your buying decision?Not mine. Having owned a duramax I way prefer my ford. The trucks are so close for power,fuel mileage,handling that it comes down to personal preference. I love the looks of the new F350 and the interior is way superior to a chevy. In the commercial where they take the chevy through the bumpy jobsite at 50mph in slow motion,I think to myself,who's the idiot behind the wheel. I don't think you would want any of these vehicles they use in these commercials after they were done with them. (Ford or chevy or dodge). I've never bought anything because of a cool commercial or celeberty endorsement,buy stuff that YOU like.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:38 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,446 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggziff
It's marketing 101. If you're gullible enough to buy into what they're selling, then they have succeeded.
Sure is marketing 101... I didn't see no one here downplaying Fords videos last year when it was comparing it's '11 to the competitons '10. I thought that was pretty lame myself!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by ninerM1000
Even "IF" everything was true on that commercial,would that that change your buying decision?Not mine. Having owned a duramax I way prefer my ford. The trucks are so close for power,fuel mileage,handling that it comes down to personal preference. I love the looks of the new F350 and the interior is way superior to a chevy. In the commercial where they take the chevy through the bumpy jobsite at 50mph in slow motion,I think to myself,who's the idiot behind the wheel. I don't think you would want any of these vehicles they use in these commercials after they were done with them. (Ford or chevy or dodge). I've never bought anything because of a cool commercial or celeberty endorsement,buy stuff that YOU like.
Well said....

Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by tolliewolly
Man I love fords and wanted to see what you guys thought about Chevys video showing the 6.7 getting out run by a chevy. Is that true? I bet the power stroke killed it. Also that twist video gave me cold chills. I don't know what to think about that one.
I'm not sure why so many folks don't believe the videos posted by Chevy. If they faked any of these tests believe me the Ford engineers that built the truck would know about it. In that case I'm pretty confident they'd be liable for false advertising, which is the last thing GM needs right now.

If you recreated the same conditions with weight and those ramps I'm completely confident that the same results would happen. But the chances of you having that much weight in the truck and twisting the frame that much are virtually nil, has anyone ever known anyone with a bent tailgate from that?

The Chevy does run faster. Independent reviews and comparisons prove that. But to what gain? Our Fords get better fuel economy, are built on a known durable chassis with solid axles on 4x4s, and have some features that GM can't touch yet such as SYNC, the KR package, and the "productivity screen". What's not to love?

Why do so many Ford fans like to insist that anything that makes our trucks look inferior must be faked? The tests are selected for very narrow parameters that make their trucks look superior, but you can bet that the results are authentic. NOBODY can be best at everything!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Champ198
Elder User
The GMC/Chevy 3500 is still a dull, boring truck. It doesn't have a man step either.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Video is creditable. Trouble is what is not pointed out in the video for obvious reasons is the whole truck concept.

When taking the whole truck and its capabilites into account then personally I will go with the tried and tested model.

Interesting fact about the new Cebbie/GM is what I see is a catch up race. They finally caught up to the SD as far as capabilites. No one ever mentions that fact.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 AM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by senix
When taking the whole truck and its capabilites into account then personally I will go with the tried and tested model.
Lets see tried and true:

Chevy - All new frame and suspension, but Duramax and Allison tried and true. (Basic same engine and tranny architure for the last 10 years)

Ford - All new engine and transmission, but frame and suspension tried and true. (Too many engine's in the last 10 years)

Originally Posted by senix
Interesting fact about the new Cebbie/GM is what I see is a catch up race. They finally caught up to the SD as far as capabilites. No one ever mentions that fact.
Agreed... Chevy has been playing catch up in the capabilities department since the '90's, but has now finally caught up and in some catagory's, (now put your seatbelt on) has surpassed Ford.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
ninerM1000
Senior User
Ford would never sue chevy for false advertising. Now that the govt owns marketshare of GMC it would be a losing battle. These commercials are geared up to heat up the arguments between brand loyalists. How many people on here would sooner bike to work than drive a chevy!Its good advertising,I hope ford comes up with something as conterversial,maybe then I won't fast forward through all the commercials when I watch tv!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Who cares? This comparison stuff is getting old

Old 06-05-2011, 10:42 AM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Marauder92V
Who cares? This comparison stuff is getting old
Oh it's not over.... It's Dodges turn "Gut's Glory Ram"!

YouTube - ‪Ram Trucks | Guts & Glory | Cummins Standoff‬‏

It's On!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

It's good they had all that heavy machinery behind the Dodge. Need something to push it down the road...

Quick Reply: Power stroke getting outrun?