6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

6.7L Spartan Tuning now available!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
I also had the smarty running on my '06 dodge. it really turned the truck into a pulling beast, my truck was rated at 325 hp and 600 torque, I always ran the 60 hp tune, I will say my 2011 ford would not keep up with it. as some point I might have to back off because the EGT's would get up there but until then it would have been gone. with the smarty tune you really almost had to relearn to drive the truck, I was careful not to lay into it below 2k rpm, it just seemed like too much grunt and gave me the feeling the trans did not like it. I ran it for about 85k miles though without issue. I also miss being able to smoke drivers that make me mad.

The Cummins on that Smarty was something fierce for sure. It would roll the coal when asked. I went to Colorado and visited ATS. Was getting ready to drop some coin on a built system. When I got back I went on a fishing trip to Guntersville AL with a buddy. Drove around in his 2010 F450 for a week and fell in love. Came back, searched the net for a nearest color I liked and went to check it out the next day. Traded in due the the absurd money they gave me for my Cummins. That had a waiting list for that truck. It was an amazing engine for sure. Miss the damn sound something fierce. A guy down the road bought a real nice 5.9 (believe 07) and I walk out to hear it drive by. This F250 has comfort features that are amazing but I miss the sound and responsiveness for sure. I know Ford has some setting keeping the power back. It kills me. I know it is there. With that bang said, I know Spartan is to Ford as Smarty is to Dodge. Will be interesting to see some reviews.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by farmerdave
I am going to go on a rant for a second. I don't like all of these safety features that are supposed to make our trucks better. Its like ford produces this awesome engine with 400hp but doesn't let us power brake it, or slide around our favorite corner on our daily commute. I just read the post about the 450's not starting off from a dead stop like they should and it pisses me off. Ford is doing it on purpose. That's why I want a tuner company to make these trucks perform like they should. I want a "drivers" truck. This is my truck and I AM DRIVING IT!!! Not the computer.
No worries...If you understand that using a tuner will void your warranty and are willing to accept that risk, then have at it. Ford (and any manufacturer) warrants their vehicles and expects owners to drive them appropriately. If you want to drift a F250 then you should be responsible for the repairs.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
farmerdave
Senior User
I asked the money guy at ford if I could buy my truck without a warrinty. He said he has never been asked that, and no I could not buy it w/out a warranty. I'm on about my 7th ford diesel and I have a really good mechanic. I am going to wait till I have about 80k miles on this one to give ford and spartan time to work out the bugs.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there a CEL reset on it!? I know a few people would buy it then (sorry, could not resist LOL)

Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by farmerdave
I asked the money guy at ford if I could buy my truck without a warrinty. He said he has never been asked that, and no I could not buy it w/out a warranty.
That doesn't surprise me at all...Even with a good mechanic, you don't have access to the equipment needed to diagnose most of the systems on the truck.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:11 PM
farmerdave
Senior User
So true.

But, I still want to drift my truck around corners every once in while

Old 06-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Listen up Ford

It is a damn shame that i have to look at a tuner so my new truck drives like it should!

If a tuner can fix my trans shift issues
If a tuner can fix my pushing down the trottle and it sits there for a while before it decedes to go.
If a tuner can fix why i get15 mpg and i used to get 18
If a tuner can stop me going into regen every 100-140 mile
If a tuner can eliminate the need for urea

What the heck good is the warrenty every time i take it in they dont know
What the problem is.
They call THE HOT LINE
Getting sick of these little issues that a tuner may fix

Going back into the shop Tuesday for these issues again
Maybe i should ask them to allow me to install a tuner

Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tom Hoffman
It is a damn shame that i have to look at a tuner so my new truck drives like it should!

If a tuner can fix my pushing down the trottle and it sits there for a while before it decedes to go.

What the problem is.
They call THE HOT LINE

So what tuner does all that? I don't know of any.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:14 PM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had Spartan stuff on my 08 6.4, good product. With the Dash Daq you can read and clear codes, plenty of parameters to monitor if you chose. They also truly tune the transmission, which is how they where able to keep a stock tranny alive with 275-310 extra hp to the wheels. The 350 tune was highly highly recommended head studs and built tranny.

Looking forward to see how it turns out on the 6.7.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Originally Posted by Tom Hoffman

What the problem is.
They call THE HOT LINE

I am with you on that. I had the same thing with my 08 6.4, got left no choice.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
All these electronic nannies and EPA mandates are just killing my enthusiasm for a new truck of any kind. Would have loved my 05 6.0L if I would have had it more than the dealer had it.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Truxdude
New User
Talking Why Tuners Rock

Many of the complaints people have about their truck are related to nany systems that lawyers have given us or other bs systems regulated by the EPA. Both are a joke. Neither save the environment or lives. That's is why tuners are popular . Just removing the dpf/egr crap will increase fuel economy and throttle response on a stock tune. check out dyno graphs on H&S. stock tune with deletes keeps almost the same peak hp/torque but you get way more power down low(something like a 80/90 jump at 1700 rpm). i have a friend with the deletes and a stock tune and he still walks off and leaves me while getting better mpg. speed limiter traction control is also a frickin joke the system in my Suburban which was similar got me stuck twice at my deer camp because i couldn't clean the fri kin tires. computer nannies and power/economy robbing emissions equipment suck.! A lot of the problems with the last two generation motors ford had were related to emissions junk! Coincidentally, dodge suffers from the same problem. When you delete all of the crap the reliability goes UP and so does the fuel milage and performance.
My truck will get tuned around 50-60k. Until then , I will drive like I stole it to uncover any factory defect or weak spots. Wen I tune its getting deleted, with H & S mild tune.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
I'll be in the market for a new truck when Ford or the aftermarket has the capability to delete all the electronic nannies that I don't want such as T/C, TPMS, EGR, and regens.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
B&LLandscaping
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Greg B
I'll be in the market for a new truck when Ford or the aftermarket has the capability to delete all the electronic nannies that I don't want such as T/C, TPMS, EGR, and regens.
LOL, I hope you really like the truck you have.

You better baby your current truck and maintain the heck out of it, because that's never going to happen, it's only going to get worse...

Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg B
The government is going AFTER such businesses so as time moves forward, I don't think it's going to be as easy.
I realize if software can be written, someone will crack it but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mandate to make modifications even more difficult to bypass in the future.

Quick Reply: 6.7L Spartan Tuning now available!