1990 F150, Duel Tanks, but no Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Klangmire
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1990 F150, Duel Tanks, but no Fuel

I need help.

Last night I drove home with no problems, I parked my 1990 F150 302, with duel tanks and was in the house for about an hour and then went to go leave. When I turned the key i noticed there was no whine of the fuel pumps pressuring up. And the truck didn't start. It turns over and fires up with some starting fluid, but there is no fuel getting to the engine.

I replaced the relay, still nothing.

I tried following the manual to ground the fuel pumps, to see if they run, but nothing happened (I'm not sure I did it right it pretty dark)

Does anyone have any ideas? Could the relay switch give out? Is there any fuse? Is it possible that both pumps give at the same time?

I also believe i have to in tanke high pressure pumps, so there is no mechanical selector valve, right?

Old 03-25-2003, 12:40 PM
troposcatter
Elder User

It sounds like a fuse or something, you really need to check the <a href="http://motorhaven.autoanything.com/">wiring diagram</a> but I think that the ford Pick ups used low pressure pumps in the tanks and had one high pressure pump in between the selector and the engine when the power goes they are obvious as they are noisy.

Old 03-26-2003, 07:56 AM
70fordguy
Junior User

I would try resetting the crash fuel shut off switch, not sure where it is on your truck but all the FI models use one.