1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Headliner finished

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Great work!! on my list this summer...

Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by joe black
i noticed he had glued 4 pieces to make it.. i used 2 for mine one complete piece aceoss the back . much nicer
When was the last time you backed up your bragging with pictures? You need to either give some proof of your "expertise" or stop harassing board members.
mytbtruck- Not bad. Did you notice a reduction in in-cab noise once that was installed? I've been toying with a full headliner for my 69 F250, but not sure if it's worth the extra hassle in my case. It does look pretty sweet though.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice work on the head liner.
Did you take lots of pictures??? it would help some of us when we get to that stage,if we get to that stage.

Mr Blow back. I do believe you when you say yours is much nicer but how much did it cost daddy???
And how long did the shop take to do it???
Have you seen my work???
I could use a trained eye to tell me what I need to do to get a big shiny trophy,so you can choke on it!!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
joe black
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cost was 48 dollars for 2 4x8 sheets and about the same for liner , material was approx 300, did it all my self no shops for this cat, took notice of your work and i seen you were trying to kid a kidder. looks like a good project but why would you post pictures of it,,,

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by joe black
cost was 48 dollars for 2 4x8 sheets and about the same for liner , material was approx 300, did it all my self no shops for this cat, took notice of your work and i seen you were trying to kid a kidder. looks like a good project but why would you post pictures of it,,,
And why wouldn't YOU post pictures? Could it be that you have nothing worth showing anyone.

Nice job on the headliner. I'm only to the point of putting the board in on our 41.

Please keep the progress pictures coming. It definately helps those of us that actually have trucks and don't know everything.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
"Temporarily Deactivated" Tee Hee

Good job Carlene!

Very nice headliner, despite what some other dip&)#@ says.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Wasn't me this time. That was the good work of your forum mod. He deserves all the kudo's and a few rep's to boot.

I mainly showed up cause like the rest of you, I wouldn't mind seeing this perfect truck Joe supposedly has along with some resto pictures of him doing the work.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job, and I like the bracket weld-in addition for the shoulder belt.

Note: for those of you who add this bracket, it needs to have a nut welded to the outside so that the securing bolt has a threaded area to bolt to. Also, it's a good idea to weld this in before the paint is done!

Nice truck, Jag

Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats nice work. I like everything about it.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too bad about the deactivation JOE BLACK. You won't be missed. It's unfortuate that some people have to be negative to others in order to make themselves feel better. Good work deserves a positive response. And if your work product was indeed better, which I doubt, how does it help anything to denigrate others?

Jag

Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
tlb
Elder User

Looks really good. A lot better than the cardboard type like i have.

Terry

Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
mytbtruck
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Truxx1956
Looking good dude!! I didnt know you were goin to be in PF in June. I'll be looking for ya. I've been following your truck from the begining I want to see it in person. Oh yeah and I'd like to meet you too, but we all know the trucks are the the real stars Just kidding. I love hanging out with new Ford friends and old Ford friends. I cant wait. See yall there.
I hope the weather is kind that weekend. I have two rooms on reserve at the lodge. I like to met any one who likes old cars or trucks. Hope to see you there. Larry.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 PM
mytbtruck
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by jaye
Looking good Larry what did you end up using for your headliner or did you purchase one?
Jaye, Thanks for the info you sent me. I know a man that does headliners and let him install it. He used ABS and covered it with padding and cloth. I am well satisfied with it. The area behind the seats is covered with the same carpet used on the floor. I put the carpet there because I have the spare tire behind the drivers seat and the carpet take more beating than the cloth would. Thanks again and I hope to see you at Fat Boys soon. Larry.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 PM
KidShalene
Senior User
Originally Posted by mytbtruck
Jaye, Thanks for the info you sent me. I know a man that does headliners and let him install it. He used ABS and covered it with padding and cloth. I am well satisfied with it. The area behind the seats is covered with the same carpet used on the floor. I put the carpet there because I have the spare tire behind the drivers seat and the carpet take more beating than the cloth would. Thanks again and I hope to see you at Fat Boys soon. Larry.

Have any idea what thickness of ABS he used ?? BTW, nice truck, lookin good

And excuse my ignorance, but what meet are you going to in Pigeon Forge? I always wanted to go to the F100 nats, but missed it again this year.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mytbtruck
I hope the weather is kind that weekend. I have two rooms on reserve at the lodge. I like to met any one who likes old cars or trucks. Hope to see you there. Larry.

I hope the weather is nice too. Its usually way too hot, but its better than rain

P.S. I promise NOT to pick on your headliner if you promise not to pick on mine. See ya there man, be safe

Quick Reply: Headliner finished