6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sirius Reception

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
joverstr2
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 08 just started doing this. Like others have said it sounds like a cd skipping. Very annoying.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am in the Chicago area and haven't experienced any issues. I use the satellite radio on a daily basis.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Does anyone know how many satellites they are using? Like DirecTv, could it be that one of their satellites is not working correctly?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 PM
doczenith1
More Turbo
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Years ago (2005 maybe?) Howard Stern interviewed one of the Sirius founders and I think I remember him saying that Sirius had 2 satellites and XM had 3 but the Sirius technology was more advanced. Take this all with a grain of salt because as I mentioned it was a long time ago when I heard the interview.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 AM
ADCO
Senior User
Quite possibly it is the round of solar flares we are experiencing.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:17 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ADCO
That would do it. Is there any confirmed solar data?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by ADCO
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
That would do it. Is there any confirmed solar data?
NOAA is not reporting anything on their website. Wonder if NASA is. Also, does anyone know if rain impacts their signal like satellite TV? GPS is immune to it, but we have had a lot of rain in the northeast for the last few weeks.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:06 AM
buckmasters
Senior User
Originally Posted by Marauder92V
NOAA is not reporting anything on their website. Wonder if NASA is. Also, does anyone know if rain impacts their signal like satellite TV? GPS is immune to it, but we have had a lot of rain in the northeast for the last few weeks.
I was having the issue with crystal clear skies. The reception seems to have improved now. The only loss of signal I am getting now is the occassional overpass, etc.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 AM
ADCO
Senior User
No one seems to be reporting it, but there has been an increase of solar flares this year which will come to a head (maximum) in 2013 supposedly. It was just a thought.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:12 AM
dmcampbell
New User
Sirius Reception

I have had the same problem with my vehicle. Started with the "snap, crackle, pop" and ended with either "searching for signal" or "Not Subscribed" message, even though I am 5 months into a 2 year prepaid subscription. I have spent no less than 4 hours as of last week on the phone w/ Sirius rep, was escalated twice and my radio still does not receive. I even went to the dealer who informed me that there is no problem with my radio and Sirius is aware that problem is on their end. When I called Sirius back, I was informed this is a problem with Ford, Mercedes, BMW and Range/Land Rover autos only, and that they know it was caused by the May 5, 2011 channel reprograming. Still not working - 21 days and counting! Thanks, Mike Campbell; dmcampbell@campbelllaw.com; (888)775-3820.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:17 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I smell some free subscription extensions.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM
dmcampbell
New User
Sirius Reception

Agreed. Extension or credits would work.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Does not matter how clear the sky is, you can still be affected by solar flares. It's all up in outer space. I work for a cable company and we have sun outages in the spring and fall every year. People think we are crazy when we tell that because they think the cable comes from the pole in their backyard. We still pick up the channels from satellites too.

If it was solar flares, XM and Sirius would know about it and if you called to complain they would tell you the problem.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 AM
wharrell
Tuned

I only have reception problems when in the area of faulty repeaters near downtown Charlotte area where Sirius has been broadcasting a 'blank carrier' for almost a year in that area. (ie: when either my 2008 or new 2011 Navigation locks onto the repeater version of the signal, there is a signal but no content. When you get away from the small repeater broadcast area and back onto the satellite signal, the content returns).

My big dissatisfaction is the quality of the decoding on the Sirius Digital Receiver that is a separate module from the Navigation Head Unit. The sound quality from the Sirius Digital Receiver is extremely poor. No high end, no clarity and no definition or presence to the sound whatsoever. This was not an issue in my 2008 Navigation with Sirius Service.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Thomas34461
Freshman User
Unhappy Poor signal from Sirius XM with Truck Camper

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Looks like that I have the same problem that a lot of people here are having in getting some kind of signal over my Sirius XM Satellite radio. I bought my 2012 Ford F-450 Lariat along with a Chalet TS-116 truck camper in Portland OR and drove it back home to Florida. From Portland OR to Florida I had spotty intermittent service. Listening to songs and then no signal or listening to the comedy stations and when it would get to a punch line I would lose the signal. Very frustrating to say the least! I like the idea of listening to music or other formats that I enjoy without all the commercials. The satellite antenna is on the roof next to the running lights, unfortunately having a big truck camper that fits over the roof and hangs past the top of the windshield by a few inches cut the signal. Is there any other place to put the satellite antenna? I was told if I put it on the hood of the truck I wouldn’t get any stations that were behind me. Any suggestions please?? I’m enclosing some images of my truck and truck camper.<o></o>
<o></o>
Thanks,<o></o>
Tom<o></o>
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat FX4<o></o>
2012 Chalet TS-116 Truck Camper <o></o>
<o> </o>

Quick Reply: Sirius Reception