1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best brand Torque Converter

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
ford4rick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Best brand Torque Converter

Hi again,

My 2005 F-250 6.0 TD, has a slipping tranny, and I think it is the torque converter causing the problem. I have been searching the internet, but I can't find good information/experience on what brand torque converter to buy, except from the manufacturers....

What brand would you advice and why? Where to buy?

Thanks for your input,

Rick

Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Call Chris at Circle D Converters in Houston. He'll get you what you need,and it'll be right when you get it.
JL

Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 AM
ford4rick
New User
Thanks Johnny!

Still I like to hear what experience someone has with the different brands of converters.
I found:

Precision industries, stallion
ATS Five star
BD

The prices are close, I just want the best one.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4rick
Thanks Johnny!

Still I like to hear what experience someone has with the different brands of converters.
I found:

Precision industries, stallion
ATS Five star
BD

The prices are close, I just want the best one.
Well, Precision Industries at one time used an inferior clutch material (can't say for sure what they're using today). I smoked the clutch in one of their multidisc units in less than 10K miles in my N/A Tbird. That same converter is in my car now after being rebuilt with the correct clutch material at Circle D, and has around 20K miles on it with not a single problem. I'm not the only one that has had that problem. PI has the design of the converter itself just about right, but their choice of lockup clutch material is very poor. When I called to speak with them about changing materials and me even paying them for a different material-they adamantly REFUSED to even discuss it,and were rather rude and condescending on the phone with me-a paying customer. I got the "How dare you question our superior engineering" attitude from them.
From that day forward-I swore I'd never deal with them again.
Chris Sehorn @ Circle D has been absolutely honest with me, listened to my concerns, and made suggestions to take care of my needs. He always answers the phone or returns my calls,and provides the highest quality part that you can buy in the business. He even took the time out of his busy day to walk me back to the assembly area and to lay out a pile of different parts for comparisons and the options on the converters to show me "hands-on". Yes, I'm a loyal customer,and it's not because I was given anything for free or discounted heavily so I could go on a forum spamming spree. It's because of the service and the product quality.

JL

Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
ford4rick
New User
I give Chris a call today, and see what his suggestions are.

Thanks so much for your reply on this forum.

Will post what the choice will be & my experience.

Rick