04 Excursion with no AC

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 AM
slenser
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Excursion with no AC

Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can help me avoid a huge repair bill. I have no AC in the truck right now. I've checked the level with the parts store cheapo gauge and it is actually ok. I get heat from the ac. I can put it on fresh air vent and it's fine and the heat works fine, so I don't think it is a blend door.

I've read through the FAQ above and I'm wondering if that still holds true for my 04. I'd hate to take it to Ford and have to pay them. I can't imagine what kind of bill that would be, but I really don't know anything about auto AC systems.

Can you guys please help me narrow the problem down so I can get some cool air for my family? We just made a trip to TX last week and were fortunate to have half-way decent weather there. We'll be making another one pretty soon and I don't think we will be as lucky.

Thanks so much,
Sam

Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Look we dealership techs arent going to swing overhead on ropes like Gorillas ready to pounce on you and threaten to take your life if you dont have us fix it. Get over your fear and just take it in and get a diagnostic done. That wont break your bank just to find out what is wrong. No one is going to obligate you have the dealership fix it. Then at least you had someone diagnose the issue who knows your truck and not just someone who once watch someone repair on old dodge that looked like your truck....

And Maybe, just maybe, you will be surprized that it may not be as expensive as you think it might be. You can also opt to have some other shop repair it, or your brother, or whomever you trust. Just make sure they know which end of the screwdriver turns the screw and he has some reassuring knowledge of how to do the repair.

I repair many air conditioners at the dealership for under 300 dollars.