6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

TSB 11-04-21

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Byram
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
I don't want to get too technical, but isn't the lack of testing the thing we are complaining about.. and now we want them to SKIP TESTING?!..

part of the overall problem we have here is an information contaminated society. we think because we KNOW.

Sam
Sam _ do not mean test the software

I mean now after these issues have been identified, and the TSB has been put out, then when I go to my dealer & tell them I have been having this trans issue - I feel like they should NOT spend very much time "re-verifying" that my particular truck needs a 1/2 hour flash...

Obviously for Ford even to address this trans problem they and the dealers have spent time & money analyzing the problem.

Byram

Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
I don't want to get too technical, but isn't the lack of testing the thing we are complaining about.. and now we want them to SKIP TESTING?!..

part of the overall problem we have here is an information contaminated society. we think because we KNOW.

Sam
The internet has made all of us into know-it-alls

I understand both sides of the fence here. Some dealers suck, and others are good dealers with a sucky customer on the other end. Business 101, you can't please everyone.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM
flaharleyguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by lexustbs
The internet has made all of us into know-it-alls

I understand both sides of the fence here. Some dealers suck, and others are good dealers with a sucky customer on the other end. Business 101, you can't please everyone.
Unbelievable blame the customer for spending over 50k for his truck and wanting one that works. And then the nerve of us who research the problems and then wait for the repair only to be disappointed. Right Guys with trucks that dont work right are "sucky"

Old 04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
And the mother $&%#* CEL is back on! letter to Ford with a CC to my attorney to follow. I want out.
I rest my case!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
vtboy51
Freshman User
Originally Posted by vloney
I rest my case!
And we're up to two trucks with the CEL back on after the flash......

Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
frt2599
Senior User
I rest my case!
Rest what case.... That the TSB they applied to fix his check engine light he had that was listed on the TSB didn't fix the issue?????? This isn't the tranny issue, this is the CEL that is called out in the TSB...

Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
robroy90
Junior User
I rest my case!
Now I am really glad I didn't buy my truck near Waynesville...

That is precisely the type of tech and service manager attitude I am talking about.

When I spend north of $60k on a vehicle, you can damn well bet I expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. ESPECIALLY when I am fighting an issue for months like many people here have.

Do you think we all sit around so bored that we just invent problems with our trucks to make your life more difficult? Seriously?? If most of us did, we couldn't afford these trucks. We are making a living with them, and that (indirectly) pays your salary, I might add. We don't have time to be jerked around with "we have to reproduce your issue or it didn't happen..."

I am growing increasingly tired of this "prove it to me" mentality of service shops. If I tell you this transmission misses shifts, hunts for gears, and slams into gear harder than it should, THEN IT IS DOING IT.

Believe me, I don't salivate over taking any vehicle in for service. Ever. I have many more productive uses for my time. But, when I bend my schedule to come in, take care of me. Don't jerk me around. That is a perfectly reasonable request, and anything less is just poor customer service, period.

He has EVERY RIGHT to be frustrated and unhappy.

There is a BIG difference between a completely unreasonable customer, and a customer who is frustrated with repeated attempts to fix the same issue.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep it's my fault. I spent 60k on a rig to have transmission shift issues and a damned CEL stuck on. I love the amber glow at night. It just sets the mood....

Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Originally Posted by robroy90
Now I am really glad I didn't buy my truck near Waynesville...

That is precisely the type of tech and service manager attitude I am talking about.

When I spend north of $60k on a vehicle, you can damn well bet I expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. ESPECIALLY when I am fighting an issue for months like many people here have.

Do you think we all sit around so bored that we just invent problems with our trucks to make your life more difficult? Seriously?? If most of us did, we couldn't afford these trucks. We are making a living with them, and that (indirectly) pays your salary, I might add. We don't have time to be jerked around with "we have to reproduce your issue or it didn't happen..."

I am growing increasingly tired of this "prove it to me" mentality of service shops. If I tell you this transmission misses shifts, hunts for gears, and slams into gear harder than it should, THEN IT IS DOING IT.

Believe me, I don't salivate over taking any vehicle in for service. Ever. I have many more productive uses for my time. But, when I bend my schedule to come in, take care of me. Don't jerk me around. That is a perfectly reasonable request, and anything less is just poor customer service, period.

He has EVERY RIGHT to be frustrated and unhappy.

There is a BIG difference between a completely unreasonable customer, and a customer who is frustrated with repeated attempts to fix the same issue.
My case is that not all issues can be fixed with the flash. Some actually have problems that aren't related to the flash. For me to do my job and do it effectively, I need to see your truck and actively try to diagnose the problem. Many have underlying issues that will not be repaired with just this flash. If I just flash it first then give it back to the customer, I have an unhappy customer should things not work correctly. If you percieve me as incompetent for wanting to pursue the actual problem, so be it. But I will continue to do my job the same way as always.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Yep it's my fault. I spent 60k on a rig to have transmission shift issues and a damned CEL stuck on. I love the amber glow at night. It just sets the mood....
Nope, not your fault, should have been diagnosed first.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
flaharleyguy
Senior User
My case is that not all issues can be fixed with the flash. Some actually have problems that aren't related to the flash. For me to do my job and do it effectively, I need to see your truck and actively try to diagnose the problem. Many have underlying issues that will not be repaired with just this flash. If I just flash it first then give it back to the customer, I have an unhappy customer should things not work correctly. If you percieve me as incompetent for wanting to pursue the actual problem, so be it. But I will continue to do my job the same way as always.
This is the attitude that makes me sorry I have a Ford again

Old 04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Cool

Well, for Fords sake they best get this fixxed.It could be their last chance. My 02 built missigng a compression ring and downhill from there untill it was lemmonlawed. Then an 04 replacement with the 6,0 and all that includes. Couldnt replace that because of the 6,4 problems. A friend had his cab off several times and lousy milage. He finaly installed a Cummins, thats ok for him, he can do that but its way above my skill level. Now this. I was waiting for this to be resolved to order. GD government GD EPA Technology sucks Remember when vehicles ran well and looked great. Does anyone actualy think any new vehicle actualy looks good? We just accept because it is all we can get. I dont even own one of these yet and im frustrated

Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
SGT. I might be wrong, but I think there is a TSB for the emissions that is seprate from this which is for the transmission. Is your problem with the cold weather and the light coming on, or something else?

Another thing I don't understand is the 50k truck statement. What if you bought a 9k KIA and it was acting up. What excuse would you use then, "I only paid 9k for this car, guess its supposed to be a a turd." No matter what you pay, a good quality product is what you deserve.

Just looked it up. What is the 11e02? Is that something different from the TSB? It sounds like letters are going out to affected customers in June?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 AM
frt2599
Senior User
Nope, not your fault, should have been diagnosed first.
Diagnosed first???? These people were taking their trucks to FORD with the CEL's and were being told to wait for the TSB!!!!!!!!! You're talking out of both sides of your mouth....

Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here is a question....How many Ford Engineers does it take to screw out a light bulb!?...the world will never know.

Quick Reply: TSB 11-04-21