Capital Customs
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about our worm?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We all will just have to go out and buy one for our mirrors...

Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Downsea
More Turbo
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Got a couple minutes. Any change ideas to what we have already, list 'em. I can look at it again tonight.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Thanks to Mr Steve Brinks (Thank you Sir) I have a contact number for Ford to ask their permission to use their Emblem when the time comes. I have also the contact here who will move our design up to Admin for their blessing.

Keep it up guys, it looks great!!

One of the things I have seen in the other Logos in their State flag is cut out by their state..or even the American Flag.. that would look sharp..

Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Downsea: From my experinece your assumption is correct, the more detailed the more expensive.

Pat: the state flag is cool, but very detailed. Thinking about size of the actual sticker so its not huge, it would be difficult to place on it. Now the flag is a cool idea faded inside the state outline.

I wasn't able to speak with my teammates at softball (about prices) since it was cancelled due to the cold weather. I'm also at a waiting period until my photoshop program arrives.

I'd be up to the idea of selling the stickers at a reasonable price, breaking even with the costs and then any extra from sales go to paying for the GTG's costs (food). Just an idea, that way its not a money making thing, but lowering some costs at the GTG's.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
If we can get the GTG's together on a somewhat regular basis we could look into doing a 50/50 drawing to help offset and create a "bank" for the chapter. I could see eventually having the first sticker free when you join the Michigan chapter and have so many posts in the threads. Then maybe another threshold for getting a shirt with the same logo. Of course the items would be available for sale as well, at a price to cover all costs including shipping if necessary.

Right now someone would have to either front the money and wait to get it back or we would have to do a prepay before we place the order.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Toyman
If we can get the GTG's together on a somewhat regular basis we could look into doing a 50/50 drawing to help offset and create a "bank" for the chapter. I could see eventually having the first sticker free when you join the Michigan chapter and have so many posts in the threads. Then maybe another threshold for getting a shirt with the same logo. Of course the items would be available for sale as well, at a price to cover all costs including shipping if necessary.

Right now someone would have to either front the money and wait to get it back or we would have to do a prepay before we place the order.
Lets cross that bridge when we get there, First lets see what we come up with, and move forward.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Downsea
More Turbo
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I tried to overlay a faded state flag in different opacities and it just doesnt' work with what I have done so far. It's way to busy and looks just nutz. All the kids are going to start showing up from noon on today so I might not have much of a chance to do much with it until Monday. Way to much going on around here for me. Maybe the state flag "v'd" off the right on a pole or something? Start another? Ideas, let 'em flow...I'm an old programmer analyst and log cutter so not real artsy. Is it like this cut out Pat?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 AM
officer131
Posting Guru
I have some artistic ability. Good idea, but way to much going on in my opinion.

As I've got tattoo's over the years, one thing to think of is "size". Obviously the bigger it is the more detailed you can be. Smaller the size less detail it can be.

I think we as a group we have to see what size everyone want this sticker to be, and then work from there.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Downsea
I tried to overlay a faded state flag in different opacities and it just doesnt' work with what I have done so far. It's way to busy and looks just nutz. All the kids are going to start showing up from noon on today so I might not have much of a chance to do much with it until Monday. Way to much going on around here for me. Maybe the state flag "v'd" off the right on a pole or something? Start another? Ideas, let 'em flow...I'm an old programmer analyst and log cutter so not real artsy. Is it like this cut out Pat?
This was kind of what I was thinking, although the emblem being smaller in the middle, great job!!!

Originally Posted by officer131
I have some artistic ability. Good idea, but way to much going on in my opinion.

As I've got tattoo's over the years, one thing to think of is "size". Obviously the bigger it is the more detailed you can be. Smaller the size less detail it can be.

I think we as a group we have to see what size everyone want this sticker to be, and then work from there.
Its a good question, what sizes are we interested in??

Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Capital Customs
Elder User
How about 6" tall x 4" wide so it will fit a window but not block the view.
or even a 6x6".

Old 04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks good. But I kind of like the outlined version better, with the oval and the red lettering. Something simple.

I have no software on my computer to do this kind of thing. But what if it was to be a circle outline with "michigan chapter" accross the top and "ford truck enthusiasts" on the bottom. Could be wrapped around the outline of our state. could have a blue oval shadowed over it or behind it.

Hope someone can get a visual and bring it to life, maybe i'll go buy photoshop this weekend and play around.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
I agree I like the simple Style better..

Old 04-22-2011, 05:38 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyman
Looks good. But I kind of like the outlined version better, with the oval and the red lettering. Something simple.

I have no software on my computer to do this kind of thing. But what if it was to be a circle outline with "michigan chapter" accross the top and "ford truck enthusiasts" on the bottom. Could be wrapped around the outline of our state. could have a blue oval shadowed over it or behind it.

Hope someone can get a visual and bring it to life, maybe i'll go buy photoshop this weekend and play around.
Good ideal Rich..

Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Here's another version of my first one:

[/url]

Trying to make it simple. To much detail wont look good on a small sticker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Michigan Chapter Logo