Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4
Reload this Page >

Most likely a dumb question...

Notices

Most likely a dumb question...

Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
I better not get a nuts pic...........

But Dan might want one for his bday tomorrow!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
we are talking about pinion nutz, not your pin on nutz, ya window licker

Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
alpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to all
Thanks for the idea Dave.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:37 PM
77mud
Post Fiend
77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.
Now Paul gonna want a pic too

Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
No prob Kris!

Here's my D60 nut. I think Tom is right ur nut has Elephantitus.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
Newcomer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by alpha/omega View Post
No, this was not a stupid question at all.

You gave a detail description of what youre working on and the exact problem youre having. Most importantly you welcomed the suggestions and appreciated the info given.

Ill say it again...If you ask good questions you get good answers from this forum

Good newbie.

EDIT:
Yes it does seem like the nut sticks out a good bit into the yoke. My 60/70s have a much shorter (almost half) nut. Id be careful how you "remedy" the problem unless you want to dig back into the axle. Pulling the nut and replacing it with a shorter one will fubar the pinion preload on the crush sleeve.

Thanks.. Also, I have no crush sleeve in this differential, when I regeared it, the master bearing kit came with shims instead of a crush sleeve... Coincidentally, this same kit also came with this damn pinion nut that started this whole thread.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
D60s don't use crush sleeves anyways. I don't think any Dana axle does.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
Originally Posted by hav24wheel View Post
D60s don't use crush sleeves anyways. I don't think any Dana axle does.

Thanks for the Picture Dave, I appreciate it. About the dana 60s having or not having crush sleeves, I was under the impression that some did and some didnt. I have read of guys saying they had them and then others saying they have pulled several apart and there wasnt one. There was NOT one in this axle when I pulled it apart. Its from an 86 F350.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
alpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to all
hmmmm....

I couldve sworn my 60f had a crush sleeve. Its been a good number of years since I built it though.

I know I had shims but I also thought there was a sleeve between the pinion bearing and yoke.

My mistake Im sure.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:32 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
Thanks. I have crush. when I came this damn nut started this whole thread.
bunch of fagmosexuals in here talking about nuts and crushes :flipoff:

if i get any nut pics i gurantee i will send every person on here a pic of what my rather large testies look like, in hd quality no less

Old 04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Im going to send the pic and then block your number.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
Originally Posted by fatdan460 View Post
bunch of fagmosexuals in here talking about nuts and crushes :flipoff:

if i get any nut pics i gurantee i will send every person on here a pic of what my rather large testies look like, in hd quality no less

LOL!!

Thanks again to Dave, Tom, and Kris for the help, and or course thanks to Dan for his contributions...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:55 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Any time you talk about nuts, Dan is in! :/flipoff

Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.fatdan460 has a great reputation on FTE.
only cause i gots teh biggerest ones karl

Old 04-19-2011, 01:48 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
No prob Nick.

Hey Dan, I had to think hard about opening the "nut butter" pic. I was thinkin " o **** what is this going to be!"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most likely a dumb question...

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.