1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

4 month vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by capthank
Well to get back to this perticular problem I took it back to that tire place and made them rebalance that multi weight wheel that took somethingh like 6 oz. to balance and they split the bead and rotated the tire 180 degrees and re balance it and this time it only took 2 1/2 ozs. to do it so that was agood suggestion but as it turns out it was not any thing to do with supennsion problems or balance. the center cylinder on the left side (5) was not firing so I had a bad mis fire. Had been running injector cleaner before that and it still didn't help it so I was finally able to get in there with a long screw driver and get the injectot electyrical cap off there and turning the ignition on, I had 12 volts. So be it. Guess the injector just failed mechanically ? Unless somebody else has a nother suggestion ? Looks like you are going to need to pull the intake manifold asnd depreeurize the fuel rail and replace that injector and get a gasket and re assemble everything!! capthank
did you ever get a misfire code? does your CEL light come on when you put the key to run

Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
capthank
Freshman User
Light never came on and never came up with any code as far as a misfiring cyl. Just talked to an old deer hunting buddy of mine who was a ford mechanic and we decided it was the injector and sure enough I took it to this shop to verify this and of course told them all of this and sure enough about two hours later they called and said ~~~~~~yep it's a fuel injector. I think I'm gonna go back to running a little Marvel Mystery in the fuel like I use to as thaty not only keeeps the lifters lubed but also helps the injectors keep lubed. This buddy of mine said he use to use a little hyd. transmission fluid in the fuel but didn't mention the ratio ? hadn't heard this one but you can use it for hyd. power steering pump but you can't use power steering fluid in the tranny. capthank

Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
michigan66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before going to the time and expense of replacing the injector, have you checked that you have a good spark at that cylinder? Also, have you checked for trouble codes. They can offer information about the problem as well. You may have a bad plug or a bad wire on that cylinder. What brand of spark plug wires did you use? Ranger engines seem partial to Motorcraft or Aultolite plugs and wires.

Also, you can check the operation of the injector by using a stethoscope to listen to the clicking of the injector if it is working. Compare the action/sound of that injector with another one.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM
capthank
Freshman User
Thanks for the reply. All is well in Camelot today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is and was the injector. Replaced that by a shop I know ( I was just too tired ) and it's now purring. They replaced all the o rings on the other injectors at no cost as they had the rails off anyway. Wasn't the plugs as I'm running new Autolite dual platinum and I replaced the ignition wires two months ago with a set of preminum silicon wire set. Everything is back to normal almost. Somehow they screwed up my push to arm and door locks on my Kenwood alarm system and now it doesn't go to lock or armed but they said they would look at it. capthank