1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Slightly OT - Warning Signs

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
PM's?? If they have something to say, they should say it in "public" or just STFU, just my opinion.

I've seen signs just like you posted, or similar, at every car show I've ever been to. No one there seems to take offense to them.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
You can also go into "options" in your user control panel and set it up to not receive email from members. if someone wants your email you can choose if you want to give it out or not.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WARNING
TOUCHING THIS TRUCK CAN RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING
SWELLING OF THE EYES
FAT LIPS AND BROKEN TEETH
THIS IS IF I AM NOT PISSED OFF

KEEP YOUR DISTANCE FROM MY TRUCK AND I'LL KEEP MY DISTANCE FROM YOUR FACE

Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
kjdungan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The nerve

To take offense to a post is one thing. There is no call for rapacious and rankle behavior. Permissum lemma caveo , quis goes inter adveho inter.

Illegitinus non carborundum!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
I appreciate the POSITIVE comments I have received both privately and publicly. I was informed that the 3 members that sent private emails are no longer active members. I am a HUGE advocate of free speech but I also draw the line at threatening comments and personal attacks. I am satisfied that they have left the forum. I will close that issue.

I am a lover of Ford trucks, especially my older trucks. This is about having fun, taking pride in your efforts and showing off a bit. I have been asked by some fellow members to stick around the forum and after a few heated moments I realize the value of this forum outweighs a few rotten apples. Anyone that knows me knows I have a dark sense of humor. They also know that I take pride in driving a Ford, regardless of the condition. There is just something special about these trucks.

I bleed Ford red....

Old 04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Teardropty. I must have missed your "sign" as I saw absolutely nothing wrong with any of the above. Don't let a few people mess up your experience on this forum.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Wow!! I read that today when you posted it. What the heck? It was a funny little sign. I chuckled about it and went on to something else. Some people are just way too uptight. I agree with Ross, if they had something bad to say, they should have said it in "public". Stick around man.

BTW, I didn't realize that this was such an issue at car shows. What happened to respecting someone's property and being courteous to each other?

Old 04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mountaindoc
Wow!! I read that today when you posted it. What the heck? It was a funny little sign. I chuckled about it and went on to something else. Some people are just way too uptight. I agree with Ross, if they had something bad to say, they should have said it in "public". Stick around man.

BTW, I didn't realize that this was such an issue at car shows. What happened to respecting someone's property and being courteous to each other?
I didn't realise there was a problem at the shows either. I saw your little sign too and it didn't bother me one bit, in fact I agree with you.

If I was showing my vehicle I'm thinking I would be tempted to have a hockey stick very handy.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:31 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
I saw a guy take a picture leaning on my truck and his friend wanted to take a picture too.the ahole literally jumped on my running boards,that i dont have bolted to the fenders so them running boards are really "weak".
This idiot jumped 4 times on them.
I was in front of him,waiting to put my sign up in the window.I didnt tell anything,i put my sign and i went inside(I drive my truck everyday,this happened at work where i park the truck in front where i can see it.) he followed me and apologized.he told me he didn't mean to disrespect me.I told him "next time ask before you do anything stupid with somebody Else's crap,or you are really going to get shot".
Its not about if my truck is rusty as hell its about respecting someone elses' property.
if i walk to someones car and sit on their hood,they will beat the crap out of me regardless of condition or brand of car.
if someone accidentally scratches my truck i wont care but if the dent it over and over I will have a fit.ITS 60 YEAR OLD SHEET METAL!!!!!!
I hope i dont offend anyone with this,also my kid knows not to mess with other peoples stuff now even if he is two,he is respectful of it,(thank God)
My sign reads:
"DONT SIT ON MY FENDERS
DONT JUMP ON MY RUNNING BOARDS
DONT OPEN THE HOOD.
VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT."
Pictures inside the cab are ok,ask for permission first.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
"DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK AND
I WON'T TOUCH YOUR WIFE!"

Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well to reiterate .... if they had respect there would be no need for the signs ! and like i said before some won't get it . blow 'em off . most of us here do our fair share of crazy or stupid s#!^ here and in the real world , so i don't understand why your sign would tick someone off so bad they would have to send a threatening pm . get a sense of humor to those who can't cope with others foibles and jokes .

Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Life is way too short and has too many real issues to get all jacked out of shape because somebody posted a sign. Get real.

I have said it before, I do respect the time and energy and money it takes to build those show trucks/trailer queens but it is not for me. I made the concious decision that mine would be a driver which means it is driven as much as possible regardless of the weather. This also means i drive it on errands which in turn means it sits in a parking lot. I don't want to have to worry about it.

Now having said that I am into repecting other peoples property big time and those that don't just might recieve my wrath. I do try to start out nice but I can and have slipped over the edge with people who just don't get it or care. When I am done they will definately care when they are around my stuff.

TD, it is a good decision to stay as there a lot of good people here.

jim