General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Here's a Thought From Caring Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's a thought for my US friends.

Since the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT won't get behind the US why would it not be possible to establish a CANADIAN MARINE DIVISION in the US?

Call for CANADIAN volunteers...process them and establish a "distinctly Canadian" US Marine Division.

You may be very surprised by the reaction you receive - not least from our regular Armed Forces - as you "steal" our best and our bravest (the current situation requires that a service person in the Canadian forces can request his or her release from the Armed Forces and it MUST be granted within six months - that is our law).

That's just enough time to set this situation up. Show them lots of "toys"...the rest will follow!

Hell, we do it all the time here with cops.

One police service "swiping" trained cops from another.

The US would have to arm and in some cases train them but the simple truth is you would have the best volunteers in the world and you would deliver a HUGE black eye to this "mickey mouse" government that we now enjoy. In addition you would have what the British enjoyed throughout TWO world wars - hero's every one that succeeded at Vimy Ridge - in WW11 - Korea, and would do YOUR country and OURS proud.

I feel that there are a LOT of very pissed off Canadians and we want "IN" no matter what "Daffy" decides!

This is one way to achieve it.

"Just thinking!"

Old 03-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Superbru
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bravo, Dennis!

Old 03-18-2003, 12:31 PM
mrwizard
Posting Guru

Boy, I don't know. We've given weapons and training to other countries before with some pretty poor results. How could we be sure that the extremeist Canadians wouldn't turn on us after getting the goods?

Old 03-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Mil1ion
New User

Well............We're Polite!

Old 03-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Waxy
Postmaster

Originally posted by mrwizard
How could we be sure that the extremeist Canadians wouldn't turn on us after getting the goods?
You don't have anything we want.

JUST KIDDING!

Waxy

Old 03-18-2003, 12:38 PM
mrwizard
Posting Guru

Well, as long as you're polite I guess it's OK.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:38 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno... once the Canadians find out how hard it is to get Labatt's Blue here in the States they'd probably end up invading Milwaukee and then moving south to destroy the Anheuser-Busch brewery in St. Louis. We'd probably have to recruit a Mexican Legion to quell them.

Old 03-18-2003, 01:01 PM
winfordr
Posting Guru

I think that's a good idea! Why doesn't the US grant the creation of "special Units"? I am pretty close to retirement age, so let's create a volunteer unit of "over 50" guys. We may not be able to do the "run, dodge and jump" any longer, but we could probably be very useful at keeping the equipment running, both mechanical and electronic, and giving encouragement and advice to the young and restless. Not to mention, I would guess there are lots of you who could cook up a battle-readying meal, and probably others who could "strike up the band" and keep the morale up.

Old 03-18-2003, 07:34 PM
fatdaddy
Posting Guru

As the Marine's like to say..."This is my rifle------> and this is my Gun<---------> this is fer Shootin .. and this ..is fer Fun....I can still pull the trigger on a 50 cal. and reload when i run out of ammo...and i can still throw an M26 fragmentation granade...and i can still run a mortor if they'll give me a good set of Ear protectors and i'd love to Learn how to drive a bradley fighting vehicle......Just don't ask me to march or run anywhere cause You'll have to shoot me while i'm drinkin coffee in my Foxhole , other than that ...I'm a lean , Mean , trigger pullin' machine....fd

Old 03-18-2003, 10:10 PM
briefly
Senior User
Thumbs up Here's a Thought From Caring Canadian

Surprised? Not me, the lack of Canadian involvement in this struggle has little to do with what the majority wants, it's about what the current leadership thinks best, (like America hasn't been there before).

Dennis, you probably already know that Canadians have served with distinction in the US Armed Forces, even winning the Medal of Honor, (as recently as Vietnam). Americans have also served with Canadian Forces, most notably just before the official US involvement in WWI and WWII.

Hell Yeah! Welcome aboard.

Old 03-19-2003, 05:40 PM
stormyrider
Elder User

Only problem I can see with this is that you have allowed your government to mostly disarm your citizens. This means we would have to invest a huge amount of time and ammo teaching you how to shoot accurately.
Most americans are involved either and in hunting and target shooting so require little training.

Old 03-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Mil1ion
New User

Quote:
Only problem I can see with this is that you have allowed your government to mostly disarm your citizens.

Actually this statement isn't true.
What the government did was to try and make people ***Register their guns*** no matter whether they work or not.
Directly mainly at Farmer's & Rancher's

It's is called the Long gun registry that so far has cost close to ONE BILLION dollars and if it continues is expected to cost more than TWO Billion dollars without lessening the crime rate one bit. Which BTW, the gov't said it would.

They also said this registry would only cost Canadians 2 Million dollars.

This means we would have to invest a huge amount of time and ammo teaching you how to shoot accurately.

On the contrary, Canadian soldiers have been given medals for their participation in Sniper activity in Afghanistan.

Most americans are involved either and in hunting and target shooting so require little training.

You mean ....your Gun Owner's are better shots than Canadian Gun Owner's ?

Old 03-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Mike W
Post Fiend

Heck of an idea, come on down!

Old 03-19-2003, 10:40 PM
bountyhunter
Senior User

I heard on a talk show today a comment that is very true. Bush and Blair are leaders while Cretin is a polititan. It was also pointed out that he is french.