Wrecking yard Nono's

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
FourOneTons
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garbz2
What,

You mean you cant drag all your crap up to the checkout on a minivan hood. put the parts on the counter and then not expect to pay for the hood?????

Seen this happen lots of times.

Garbz
Next time, use a Slick hood or tailgate.

Joe

Old 03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by drof46
Always another story to think about. Wonder if this guys boss is charging new value when he is installing used injectors in peoples cars?
If I was to give the boss the benefit of the doubt I would say they are using the injectors from the junkyard as cores and having them rebuilt/cleaned/flowed. If I was to give them the benefit of the doubt...

Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
nvrgrwup
5th Wheeling
Well first of all I think the guy got off too easy as has been said. More over, I think the
guy he works for got off even easier.
The thing that I think has been passed over is; after reading the replies from everyone it occurs to me why this is a great place to hang out. Kudos to all of you.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by nvrgrwup
Well first of all I think the guy got off too easy as has been said. More over, I think the
guy he works for got off even easier.
The thing that I think has been passed over is; after reading the replies from everyone it occurs to me why this is a great place to hang out. Kudos to all of you.
Yes Agreed! this is a great group of HONEST people with great character, values and Morals. Not to mention some of these people can quote lines from musicals ( which worries me just a bit) ...You all Know who you are!

SO beer me and let's get rid of the bad dudes in this country!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CropDusterMan
Here in America, people feel they are entitled to "get their share of the pie", usually without
paying their dues and WORKING for it.
Well that kinda sounds, just like the way this country was acquired... but thats one persons opinion.

I think it sounds real iffy, the guy had the funds to pay for it on hand ? Was he screwing the yard and his boss ? That would be hard to explain to the boss without a receipt imo. I'm going with the boss is a lil corrupt myself. Something sure doesn't add up and that is a really easy off the hook scenario imo.

On that note I often find i put a few bolts or small part in a jacket pocket after getting home. But then I go there for big stuff and spend plenty, even waste my time schooling the cashiers and yard turds on WTF is actually on my cart. Argue, loose and have to pay what they say or walk. I did so and emailed corp. They got back to me immediately and went out of their way to right the wrong. per Patty Ball of Pick Your Part: "If you ever have an experience like this at one of our yards please get the names of the individuals and make a note on positive ID" "We will deal with the situation and insure that it never happens again" i haven't dealt with the issue yet but feel they will be more than happy to get it behind them.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 PM
GOT
Junior User
I walked into my bank a while ago, went to the automatic teller machine, was going to stick my card in when I saw that the screen was already asking if I wanted another transaction. Being mildly hungover, hence a bit foggy, I looked at the card in my hand and wondered how the machine got ahead of me...then realized the previous customer must have left his/her card in the machine, ready for 'another transaction'. Do I punch 'yes' and go for his/her cash? I didn't think so. Punched 'no', gave the customer's card to the bank manager, went and got my own cash and left feeling somewhat redeemed as a human being...then I realized I was probably on camera all the time anyway! Might as well be honest. You'll feel better and probably avoid unnecessary doggy doo doo. That said, you learn it when you're a kid from people who know. Those who steal hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from a junk yard missed out on a crucial bit of education - but you're never too old to learn, even if the schoolroom has bars on the windows. Too bad, but seems to be the way things are these days.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 AM
duphofff
Senior User
All I want to know is where one hides "37 more injectors on his body"?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by duphofff
All I want to know is where one hides "37 more injectors on his body"?

bend Over and I'll show ya!!!! he he he Oh I kill myself!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 AM
F&M
Senior User
A co-worker and I use the same guidlines when we're in a bar also,playing pool and shooting darts.We call it our "No Slop" rule.As in life we don't take credit for shots we didn't mean.It's gentlemanly to us.If you cheat,it's impossible to win.Most people when hearing how we play usually want to join in.Now isn't that special!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:48 AM
jsfrenchfl
New User
he's stealing from all of us ...

In the long run, the parts yard people will have to cover costs and, in this case losses, so the price for everything ele will have to go up at some point, or he/she is out of business. Every thief steals from all of us, i believe. He got off easy, and will likely do it again. I also think 'the boss' had some part in this. /steve

Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 AM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a friend who invests in large projects, $100's of thousands of dollars, and he will not let you invest with him until he has played golf with you. If you play square, whether you shoot par or have a 200 handicap he doesn't care. But if you use the shoe wedge to get out of the rough, or if you write down a 3 when it should have been a 5 don't plan on getting to invest with him. I would love to have a way to interview potential employees. I stink at golf and don't find it that fun so, I don't think that will work. I guess I could play darts with them. I am fair at that, and enjoy it, but to many people can't shoot darts at all.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
F&M
Senior User
Agreed Broomfield,Too many folks won't or can't be a graceful loser.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jsfrenchfl
In the long run, the parts yard people will have to cover costs and, in this case losses, so the price for everything ele will have to go up at some point, or he/she is out of business. Every thief steals from all of us, i believe. He got off easy, and will likely do it again. I also think 'the boss' had some part in this. /steve
If it smells like a rotten fish. It probably is.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:52 PM
drof46
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsfrenchfl
Not sure about the yard you go to, but after a while when a vehicle has been picked over enough they just crush it where I go. Hard to say that those injectors would have sold or would have been crushed. In a retail type business I would agree, but not scrap.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by drof46
Not sure about the yard you go to, but after a while when a vehicle has been picked over enough they just crush it where I go. Hard to say that those injectors would have sold or would have been crushed. In a retail type business I would agree, but not scrap.
What does it matter if they were scrapped or not? Theft is still theft whether it is a retail business, a contracting business or a scrap yard. If any of the guys we have in the field take the remainder of a spool of wire rather than returning it to the shop it is still theft even though we may have just tossed it anyway.

Quick Reply: Wrecking yard Nono's