Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 11-19-2014, 06:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Coolant System Guides
Print Wikipost

Electric Fan Install on F-250 - Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you use the guys in thsi thread suggestions on design or did you do things alot different? When you get time can you snap some pictures? May be making a junkyard run this wekend.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:12 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by Intimnasc
Did you use the guys in thsi thread suggestions on design or did you do things alot different? When you get time can you snap some pictures? May be making a junkyard run this wekend.
Mine is just like me an original ....sorta I have had a hard time posting pictures on here so if you would send me a PM with you E-mail I'll take more and send them to you and I will PM you mine too !!!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by Intimnasc
I just finished an album of the install under my user name ... check it out !!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump to find later. Off to find Daves album!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
Bump to find later. Off to find Daves album!
Did you find my album I'm not sure how to get you there if needed ... Dave

Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by oldmongo
Did you find my album I'm not sure how to get you there if needed ... Dave
I tried and failed ...

Edit: Tried one more thing and found it. Thanks for sharing!

Daves/oldmongo's album for thread content: Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - oldmongo's Album: 98 Winstar fans.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
I tried and failed ...
Try this >>> Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - oldmongo's Albums <<< It should be a link I don't mind sharing ... and I play well with others.... I think !!!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Try this >>> Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - oldmongo's Albums <<< It should be a link
I was editing my above post as you posted...

Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
94bonestocker
Junior User
94Bonestocker, I just picked up the same fans and I will be putting them in my 90 F250 5.8 5 spd. I think these fans will work great on mine too.
I do have a few questions about them...Which fan is the factory primary... do you have any specs about them ... amps drawn ... CFM on both small and large fans.

I am going to mount mine differently than yours, 1" aluminum all the way across the bottom to catch the original shroud mounts.
1 1/2" angle all across the top to catch the original top shroud bolts.

I am using 2 1/2"X 1/8" (cut as needed) rubber to seal the sides.
The only "clearing" needed will be for the upper rad hose and the drain **** on the same side.

I got no wiring with mine so that makes a new question ... larger fan has 3 connectors on the inside ... I figured out the ground ... what about the other 2 ??? The smaller fan was easy ground and a hot ... if you reverse them it runs backwards. !!!

My primary will be controled by a Hayden adjustable controller... the other by the A/C clutch power or a manual over ride switch !!!!

This is the official PLAN "A" ... for now !!
Thanks for any help you can give ... Dave
Geeze, I was hopin for some input on this conversion but.... Dave
Here is the final post on my install... I made it more work than needed, but my backup system needed a backup. It has preformed flawlessly after the t-stat adjust stage ... the gauge stays where it did with the old setup right around the "N" in normal It is designed so it can be switched back to the old fan in about 45 min. @ roadside !!!

Well, after all the planning and designing just how I wanted it to look and work ...I'm done !!! It takes 2 bolts to hold the 98 Windstar fans in place. Everything is vibration proofed with rubber and Hi density foam.
The controls panel is made of 6X6X1/8" solid copper plate .... no grounding problems here!!!
All wiring is in 10ga.,12ga., and 14ga. everything, as much as possible is loomed or heat shrunk and assembled with 1/4X20 stainless button head allen bolts with Ny-Locks ... overbuilt mmm could be ???
It was a great day to test the system ... 99* and no wind!!!
Let it sit and idle without the A/C on for 25 min. while I adjusted the T-stat. then turned on the A/C for another 20 min. NO OVER HEAT AT ALL !!!
Next the test drive 30 mi. at hwy speed from in town @ 2605 ' alt. to the top of a 5400' alt. hill and back, running with the A/C on then off ... NO PROBLEMS
Dave is now officially a happy camper

Sorry bout not replying sooner, I don't check this account very much and for some reason I dont get emails when someone replys to this thread.

Your Install looks pretty good! I ended up changing the way the fans run when the AC is on. I used to just have the smaller fan run with the AC and the Larger one run off the controller. I have basically the same setup now except both fans run with the AC on. I found the AC works ALOT better this way esp in stop and go traffic.

I have to say I have had no issues at all, even when pulling my 28ft travel trailer in this Georgia heat!!!