Door ajar, version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:41 PM
bandlgeorge
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door ajar, version 2.0

Hello-
So I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything that directly addresses my problem. I had the typical door ajar dome light and instrument panel light problem. I did the WD-40 trick, which worked on the drivers door, but the passenger rear door still wouldn't actuate (I think due to lack of patience on my part). I ended up taking the door look actuator for the passenger rear door apart to do the foil mod, and after re-installing it it ran fine, then it whirred, clicked, and promptly broke. Now my and my wife's key-fobs sometimes open the drivers door, sometimes open all doors, and sometimes never unlock a door. The door ajar light is always on, domelight doesn't work all the time, and cargo light is the same. I recently tried a reset of the computer by disconnecting the batteries for 30 minutes plus and the dome light was still on! Is it fair to assume that the bad door actuator is causing all of this and I need to replace it? The passenger front and driver rear door have never had problems, but of course they will not work with the key-fob recently. I am pretty sure that the keyfob batteries are good since one was recently replaced and they both read 3 plus volts on a volt meter. Lastly, the power door locks on the drivers and passenger front door both operate normally. They can lock and unlock all doors (with the exception of the broken passenger rear door) consistently. What gives!?!?

Old 03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
JT250
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Sorry dont know the answer to this one, but will be interested to know what is causing it. Here is a bump anyway.