Sponsored by: DP Tuner

whats my best choice in ur opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:39 PM
tappit01
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats my best choice in ur opinion

a few days back i put a thread out talking about how i wound up with some very dirty fuel in my truck by useing a old heating fuel oil tank to transport some fuel. there was a few inches of black sludge in the bottom of the tank. i went through 4 new fuel filters within about a month or so because it would get so clogged up with this sludge that it would just kill the truck. just recentely i pulled the tank and cleaned it out throughely, including the pickup screens and installed yet another new filter. took it to a local shop of a guy i know, he put it on a scanner. said i was idleing on only six cyclenders and i should replace all my injectors considering what problems i went through. well , i believe he is right and that is what i should go ahead and do, dont you agree?
so i called clay and explained the whole story to him, he agree'd we should get some new injectors in there.
my plan was to go with remans. i'm just not sure which ones to go with. since i would also like to add gauges and a turner. should i stay stock or go to stage 1 or ?
i have an early 99 with about 144000 miles on it, the truck seemed to run just fine prior to the bad fuel. also i do tow a 7x14 enclosed tool trailer around alot, about 3000 to 3500 lb. and a 30' travel trailer half a dozen times a year. maybe 6000 lb. thanks tapit

p.s. sorry about the

Old 03-06-2011, 01:10 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I am pretty sure you should stick with stock injectors if you do not have the funds to do the tuner and gauges now. Usually you have to have the tuning tweaked to go with bigger injectors. Honestly I would do whatever Clay recommends for you. He is very knowledgeable and won't sell you something you do not need. Just be realistic with what you want. From the sounds of if stockers would provide what you need.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:54 PM
jwhitetail
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First thing i would do is run some seafoam through them since you ran all that junk through them, run the hell out it, then if you need new injector's take them out and send them to Extrude Hone, they will fix them for ya! and save you alot of money. JMOP.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 PM
rat49f6
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if you go with reman's atleast step up to ad's and get a few more cc's while being able to run your stock tuning

Old 03-06-2011, 06:13 PM
tappit01
Elder User
found the web site for extrude hone , will call them tomorrow. thanks.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:16 PM
rat49f6
Postmaster

make sure what every company you use has a flow tester for HUEI injectors like Casserly does

Old 03-06-2011, 06:16 PM
tappit01
Elder User
Originally Posted by rat49f6
if you go with reman's atleast step up to ad's and get a few more cc's while being able to run your stock tuning
i believe my e99 calls for ab's , i wasnt aware that they where interchangable. ????

Old 03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
rat49f6
Postmaster

ad's are still split shot injectors just a little more oil hungry so the only disadvantage might be if you have a weak hpop

edit more oil hungry but they give ur more cc's of fuel

Old 03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
jetdoc
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by jwhitetail
First thing i would do is run some seafoam through them since you ran all that junk through them, run the hell out it, then if you need new injector's take them out and send them to Extrude Hone, they will fix them for ya! and save you alot of money. JMOP.
X2...Save your money.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
tappit01
Elder User
i appricate all the input from everyone, thats why i asked. i dont know if it makes much difference or not but this has been a problem for almost a year. i've had to just make due with the truck running so poorely , but now i have the money to fix it and i just wanted to do it the best way. i have put a lot of diffirent chemicals through the tank including sea foam. over the past year. i would like to do a dp tuner and gauges in the near future , but will have to save up for a couple months after the injectors. so i cant get carried away with injectors because the truck still has to run until i get the others.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you talk to Clay about the remans he sells?

Full Force Diesel Re-Manufactured Injectors

Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would take your time and save up the money to do:

Gauges
Stage 1 (160cc or Swamps 175/146) Single shot injectors
Custom chip

This is assuming you have already modified the exhaust & the air intake.

You will love towing with stage 1 single shot injectors. You will be around the 350 hp/700 torque level and your HPOP will be able to keep up with the demand much better than with stock split shots and a chip. I really enjoy towing our 31' 5th wheel with this setup. Still have power for passing when needed and not hunting/changing gears on grades.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Go with ADs like Jim suggested. They won't need anymore oil then the ABs.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Go with ADs like Jim suggested. They won't need anymore oil then the ABs.
Why AD's Robin? Once he adds a chip those split shots and the 15* HPOP won't be able to keep up with the demand while towing or in the higher HP settings - right?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
Why AD's Robin? Once he adds a chip those split shots and the 15* HPOP won't be able to keep up with the demand while towing or in the higher HP settings - right?
I say ADs for NOW, in the short term, unless he wants to do the late 99 upgrade and go with bigger HPOP and turbo sooner then he says.

Quick Reply: whats my best choice in ur opinion