General Automotive Discussion

2011 Bronco?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 AM
StreetsideStig
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it's just a render I found online. The thread is about Bronco rumors, speculation, and whatnot.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:59 AM
gfw1985
Cranky Old Guy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Full size or EB, only way is do it yourself. They'd screw it up anyway.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
bent-1
More Turbo
Received 166 Likes on 106 Posts
How about something like this:

Custom 72 Fullsize Bronco

* not mine, nor anyone I know, just for the picture

Old 05-06-2011, 10:39 PM
FishingBen
New User
I loved my 87 bronco. Wish they would make another.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 AM
punkandpissed138
Senior User
IMO they should atleast put it up as an option to fabricate certain trucks like the raptor and turn it into a bronco...problem is like that one guy said..there isnt as much of a market for a heavy duty offroad SUV anymore..hell the 4x4 expeditions and exploders barely sell and when they do its just for when it snows...ive even had funny looks when i have said "4x4 expedition"

Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 AM
StreetsideStig
Freshman User
Yep. The SUV is the new minivan. And nobody wants a 4WD, off road capable minivan. Except me.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:14 PM
countryboy69
Junior User
Look at how well the Jeep JK sells. It's not exactly small by any means anymore. I think it would have to be a 4 door to sell though or at least offered.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:00 AM
punkandpissed138
Senior User
i think the only way they would bring a bronco back would be if they brought back the bronco centurion...which was a production 4 door bronco on an f250 frame. 4 doors and 3 rows and 4x4!!! how can u go wrong???

Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
jaacina
New User
The problems that I see with the Raptor Bronco would be things like gas tank placement and spare tire placement. With all the safety requirements I don't see that you could get all that squeezed into that short of a wheelbase, at least with a 4x4.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:17 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetsideStig
I like that.

Honestly though IF (which I doubt) Ford comes out with a new Bronco it will probably be a front wheel drive unibody which would be basically a worthless example of a Bronco. You saw what they did to the Explorer, they turned it into a slightly larger edge. With the upcoming fleet mpg requirements and certain parties trying to shoot up oil prices I do not see anybody putting a whole lot into full size SUVs.

I think the only way they would bring a bronco back would be if they brought back the bronco centurion...which was a production 4 door bronco on an f250 frame. 4 doors and 3 rows and 4x4!!! how can u go wrong???
Ford made that up to the 2005 MY, it was called an Excursion. The media hammered it for having poor fuel mileage. Thing is it got just as good if not better mileage than GMs equivalent large SUV or the Hummer H2. The media just did not have the slobering love affair with Ford like they did GM at that time. If Ford would have had a 2 door Excursion back in 04' I would have most likely bought it instead of my 04' SD.

The problems that I see with the Raptor Bronco would be things like gas tank placement and spare tire placement. With all the safety requirements I don't see that you could get all that squeezed into that short of a wheelbase, at least with a 4x4.
Not a problem at all.

GFW1985

I like your Bronco.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:08 AM
fast67ford
New User
Originally Posted by JERSEY MUD
HATE TO BUST YOUR BUBBLE THATS A PHOTOSHOPED RAPTOR
Photoshoped or not, that thing looks bas azz. Id sell everything i got for one of those and i was never a bronco fan to begin with.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:23 AM
aic
Senior User
as awesome as that looks, i have to agree with punkandpissed138 that it would have to be four door. I dont think the large suv is going anywhere though, i work at a Chevy dealer and we sold 5 tahoe's/suburbans on wednesday alone. not to mention a few used trailblazers. by the way im pretty sure most, if not all, were 4x4

Old 09-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Highboy74
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You would think Ford would get wise to the numbers Heep is cashing in on. If the Bronco had the 5.0 or EcoBoost with solid Dana 44's, stand by because Heep would no longer be selling the $h*t out of their current models. Lately, I have noticed in all the monthly mags the complaints from all the editers as to where all the full size rigs are. 4 Wheel & Off-road actually prompted the question and basically said Heep may have inadvertently engineered the death of the full size rig on the trails. I hate seeing this because I have always hated Chebby and Dooge, especially since they took the obama (I refuse to capitalize its name) bail out. There was once several pictures from an auto show in 2004 where Ford had come up with a concept of a "new" Bronco. I believe it had solid axle Dana 44's and V8 power. Does anyone have the picture I speak of? If so post it please. It was a damn good concept and it brought back the roots from which the Bronco derived.

Bring back the Bronco damn it!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
redrush40
Senior User
Originally Posted by Highboy74
You would think Ford would get wise to the numbers Heep is cashing in on. ..............
Bring back the Bronco damn it!
I agree with everything and I mean EVERYTHING you say Highboy74!!!
(everything except for the theory of mag editors stating that the fullsize rigs are being phased out of the trail... which will NEVER happen, no matter how bad their current off-road state is at the moment).

Man, I can go on and on about the state of fullsize trucks in 2011...
Ford was going in the right direction with their 2004-08 F150s, but did a little over kill with the frame size and weight, no manual transmissions (except for special models)...
Toyota fullsize sucks.
Chevy fullsize has no flavor, just all stamped parts.

I mean look at it this way, take 1980-96 F150s for example:
1. 80-86 was the first years, it was a new TTB up front, light weight (though often flexy frame), NICE 5.0L engine!!!
2. 87-91 second go at the platform, upgraded to EFI in most models, basically same truck with dull front end design (I own a 1991 and LOVE IT, so I can give my opinion lol!)
3. 92-96 was the last of the mohicans in my opinion...
The 1992-96 had a NICE front end clip design, MASS sensor, nice interior (eddie bauer options), nice aluminum wheels, driver side airbag... and it was basically the same truck originally produced in 1980!!

So that was one HELL of a run! (from 1980-96)!
Same platform truck, just kept getting better!
In my opinion, (even though I own a 2005 FX4) I think the upcoming F-150s need to be smaller in weight, MUCH better on gas (since petro prices keep going up), get away from the whole "which truck can tow more" theory, and basically make the F150 what it once was!!!
A working man's fullsize pickup truck.

I mean if I wanted to buy a F250 or F350 for towing I would go that route.
The F150 needs to be more sporty (in a sence that you can still zip around in it, as well as load a quad in the back, or tow a SMALL boat, or modify it to YOUR needs).

Ok, went a little off-topic there, but hope the Research and Development nerds @ Ford are listening to this!!!
But as far as the NEW BRONCO goes, if Ford can make it on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler platform, it would be an instant hit.
(wrangler wheel base, good HP/weight ratio performance, solid axle up front, 5 link suspension, off-road performance, removable top or soft top with kick *** FULL roll bar)...
The only reason why Jeep Wrangler are doing so well is because they are in a class of their own!
What even comes close? (Escape, Rav-4, Freelander, Outback? NOPE).

Man, bring back the Bronco.
It doesn't even have to be a fullsize one either. If they made a smaller version, like the original 1966-77, it would sell like hot cakes.
I know I would buy one....
TONY Z.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Highboy74
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
RedRush40 I couldn't agree more. I too think the 80-96 was the last of the good Ford TRUCKS. Today's trucks are glorified mommy wagons. In 2004 the F150 Lariat was nicer than the Navigator. That is what it is, a Navigator with a bed.

Oh, well. The new EcoBoost smokes the ***** out of every truck on the market today. Just look on YouTube.

I wish a new Bronco would be like the 66-77's. The old saying is sooo true when it comes to vehicles, "all good things must come to an end". But this doesn't mean we can't try and recreate with todays technology and yesterdays engineering. The 5.0 Mustang is a great example of this (which I want one). This why I refuse to give up my 1974 Highboy. Never again will there be a tough truck like this that I myself can build and rebuild to my liking in my own garage. Gone are the days of the mechanical automobile.

What happened to America?

Quick Reply: 2011 Bronco?