6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

How long does it take to get a new truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by n3hcp
OK, so we're trading in out somewhat problematic '06 6L diesel F-250 for a new 6.2L, 4.30 rear, with all the bells and whistles. Here's the time line:

Ordered Jan. 31
Build date: the week of March 7
Estimated at the dealer: week of March 21
Arrived at the dealer: March 18

Couldn't wait, so we went by the dealer's lot this morning on the way home from Church and took this picture.
Now we just have to wait for them to get the bed cover on and we can get it on the road!
Nice lookin' truck! I really like the blue. If I hadn't been addicted to the grey/silver color on the Ford's, that'd be the color on my truck now.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Sargemo105
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmonty2
So the wait is finally over. Great news. You have a awesome dealer there. I wish mine knew what a truck was. The dealership I went to don't sell very many trucks, especially Superduty's. Oh well, I got mine, now I'll just have to go somewhere else for service.

Put up some pics when you get it, it's been a long time waiting.
Kmonty....I'm not completely computer illiterate, but I have yet to figure out how to post a pic. I notice in my "posting rules" at the bottom left of my screen it states I may not post attachments..not sure if that's the problem, or my inability to do it. Don't really want to create a photo bucket account. O should have mine next week after the extra goodies are installed.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 PM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I like that dark blue with the adobe bottom. I use photo bucket to post all my pics. When I put the link in the body of the message it will only show the picture not the link. Photo bucket is free, and I have not figured out how to post a picture without it either.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
You need to be a supporter to post pics here as attachments

Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Sargemo105
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krewat
You need to be a supporter to post pics here as attachments
Thanks for that tip Krewat. Wasted countless hours trying to figure it out. Looks like photo bucket link for me.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
greenwave_71
New User
Originally Posted by greenwave_71
When did you order your truck= 4 Feb 2011

When did you get an invoice number= ~14 Feb 2011

When did you get a VIN#= 4 March 2011

When was your truck built= scheduled for 21 March 2011

When did you receive the truck= 4 Apr 2011 (estimate from Ford)

What state do you live= NH

well all that information is now wrong. i just finished dealing with my with how when my window sticker became available online i looked at it and found out they ordered my truck wrong even though i had been checking in and reviewed it with them before they placed the order and then somewhere they changed it. So here is the new updated status

When did you get an invoice number= 19 March 2011

When did you get a VIN#= still to come

When was your truck built= still to come

When did you receive the truck= some time far far in the future

Old 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
iggy2
Senior User
Sorry to hear that greenwave_71.
For what it may be worth to others that may oder a truck. I built mine online at ford.com with everything I wanted and printed it out and gave a copy to my dealer who addeded each item to my order form before emailing it to the ford contact. We received a confirmatiform email and call about 15 minutes back from Ford
That way if it comes in wrong it is their fault and not mine.
Good luck.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
well all that information is now wrong. i just finished dealing with my with how when my window sticker became available online i looked at it and found out they ordered my truck wrong even though i had been checking in and reviewed it with them before they placed the order and then somewhere they changed it. So here is the new updated status

Yikes!!! They changed it???? I would've been fuming. Maybe time to find another dealer. Once the order is in, any changes by them should be communicated to you! As long as the order takes, they shouldn't be bothering with it anyways unless you request something.

What exactly did they change if you don't mind me asking? Just curious....

Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
greenwave_71
New User
i did do the build online and i added on the rear window defrost and the bed liner at the dealership and the truck they built to get the price and give me a quote was built correctly but then they must have rebuilt the entire order before submitting it instead of turning the quote into an order by changing the priority code and clicking order.

i was pretty fuming when i found it because i always knew what was up before the dealer did because i called ford every so often to confirm the information and then about a week later the dealership would contact me like oh yeah this is whats up with your truck. So i am just glad i was on top of it as much as i was because otherwise i would have found it out in about 2-3 weeks when its supposed to arrive and then i would have been even more pissed so atleast i am 2-3 weeks ahead of the game.

The part that they left off was the rear window defroster. its one of those parts that i could have lived without but in NH during the winters i knew it would be more enjoyable with it so i made them re-order it which leaves them stuck with a truck they didnt want on their lot.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Sargemo105
Senior User
My salesman called today (he has been awesome keeping me updated). All of my after-market items are in and being installed. I can pick up 'The Truck' after 1300 hrs Thursday. The bad news is I leave for Florida Friday, so I won't get to drive it until I get back 8 days later.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
The part that they left off was the rear window defroster. its one of those parts that i could have lived without but in NH during the winters i knew it would be more enjoyable with it so i made them re-order it which leaves them stuck with a truck they didnt want on their lot.
The rear defroster is nice to have so I can see why you reordered. I'm still getting used to seeing the defrost wires across my back window. The headrests in the seats break it up, but I'm used to my old ext cab that had no headrests so the back window seemed much larger and uninterrupted. It's great to have on those icey days though. At least you caught the error when you did!

Originally Posted by Sargemo105
My salesman called today (he has been awesome keeping me updated). All of my after-market items are in and being installed. I can pick up 'The Truck' after 1300 hrs Thursday. The bad news is I leave for Florida Friday, so I won't get to drive it until I get back 8 days later.
At least you'll know it's there when you get back!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:51 AM
milkman-06
Senior User

I somewhat understand your feelings. After ordering on 16 Mar, I have not been able to get the dealer to give any answers over the phone (called 6 times on 21-22). But thanks to you folks, I called Ford customer service and got some info.
Russ

Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 PM
n3hcp
Senior User
We'll be heading out the door in the mext few minutes to pick up our new baby. Appointment at the dealer is at 2:00.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
iggy2
Senior User
Originally Posted by n3hcp
We'll be heading out the door in the mext few minutes to pick up our new baby. Appointment at the dealer is at 2:00.

It has been many hours since you picked up your truck. We expect to see a few pictures by sun-up.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 PM
milkman-06
Senior User
Originally Posted by iggy2
It has been many hours since you picked up your truck. We expect to see a few pictures by sun-up.
+2 on that request.
Russ

Quick Reply: How long does it take to get a new truck?