1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

@##%$&^$^* people sit on my fenders

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
@##%$&^$^* people sit on my fenders

So after i brought my rusty baby home last year,I noticed the front fenders being a little "soft".I mean when i leaned over them to look at the engine, I noticed that they dented easily.I personally have been very careful not to even do it,but when family or friends lean over my fenders, i hear that dreaded ''clunk'' noise and i feel like someone is chewing on my nuts.
I made a sign that reads: Truck is not for sale
Truck is not a rat rod
I am not going to paint it,stop asking
Please ask before parking your fat a$$ on my fenders.
I placed the sign over my window to keep people away from the fenders.I dont mind them leaning on the front end or the tail gate.I even tell them to sit inside to take a picture,but tonight there was this short,annoying, 30 year old woman in a pre-teenage body who acted like one, she ignored my sign and sat on my fenders...how do you guys deal with this idiotic people? how to make a device that Shocks the crap out of them for doing crap like that..
I could not imagine you guys dealing with aholes like that.You guys that have restos or show quality trucks...

Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
your fender?

What if they sat on a F900 then its shotgun time!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

that would put wholes on your fenders and it would be hard to wash the brains and blood...but it would work

Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
I'm preparing myself for this. I've got NOS front fenders set aside for when I get to that stage, and it scares me now. What will I be like down the road? At least with mine it'd take a ladder to get a butt up that high. But then there's belt buckles, zippers, handbags. Yikes.

Related. Years ago I had a couple buddies that ran a foreign car repair shop. Friday nights we'd gather to swap lies and drop quarters in the Dr. Pepper machine (you get the idea). Anyway, there was this one guy that had the bad habit of planting is butt against some customer's BMW, 'benz, etc, instead of standing like the rest of us. Made me nuts. He got told again and again but it never seemed to soak in. Stu

Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be cool to do a remote hook up a model t coil that is wired to your fenders. That way when somebody sits on your fenders just hit the remote and watch them fly!!!! They would also do a funny dance.

jim

Old 02-15-2011, 06:27 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

yeah Jim that would be cool.. i was thinking of a P.. system with a pre-recorded warning and a remote control so anytime you see an idiot getting too close,you hit the button and it tells the violator a very loud, obscene warning.Like the truck had a soul of its own.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
You just never know what people are thinking. Most guys understand the Rules, but I've had women jump up on the running boards, or yank on the door handle the wrong way. They aren't the bikini-clad kind of women DonG seems to be a magnet for, either. Kids just don't know, can't blame them. But overall part of the reason I didn't spring for a $20k paint job.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Where is your truck that people you don't know are sitting on it's fenders? If you really wanted to, you could hook up and electric fence charger to it, they're battery operated and pack a pretty good wollop. Just be sure to post a warning on the truck.
It's people that should know better that are the worst, I had an antique genuine carosel horse that had been restored by Walt Disney Studios for a movie in my store. I had a sign on it identifying it as being hand carved in 1925 and to please control children around it. I was concerned that people would put their kids on it, but instead I had some butt-headed guy knock on it with his KEYS saying "is this really wood?"!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
I can relate . Having participated in the ISCA show circuit in the early '80's many instances come to mind . Of course most vehicles had small signs stating DO Not Touch but I guess some people can not read .

When the show was in the Miami Convention Center sat. nite was wall to wal people . A young colored girl dove over the plastic chain around my vehicle and landed inside . I asked her " What the hell are you doing ?" she replied " I love this van ! " I replied " So do I now get your a$$ out of there before I summon security ." The rest of the nite I was the receiver of many jokes from the other participants .

While the van was in a mall show some one seen a decal that they found not to their liking and removed it from the rear window after hrs. .

During the very first show it was entered in Playboys 25th anniversay playmate Candy Loving was a special guest . She is the only person to have ever sat on the orange crushed velvet passenger seat . All
other times the seats had clear plastic covers .She could party you under the table !!

See pic of van in firstriders gallery /albums

Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM
lowtrkn2k
Elder User
Reminds me of a few years ago I was in Orlando at some outdoor amusement area (forget what it is called...damn old age) and we were with some of my wifes friends. There was this bad a$$ 3 window couple that was parked and for sale. I went to take a look at it and got my son to pose beside it to take a picture. My wifes friend walked up to it and drops her foot on the fender (not the running board) to pose for a picture. I was like wtf, " are you crazy"??? The first thing I did after telling her to get her foot off of the fender was to look to see if some pissed off owner was charging at us. I was like do you realize this car probaby costs half or more of the average joes yearly sallery. It wasn't even my car and I was pissed off for the rest of the night.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Herbiehusker
Senior User
I really enjoy having people check out my '56, but one of my fondest memories of dealing with an inconsiderate individual (politically correct way of saying "bleeping idiot") was last spring at a monthly gathering. I had spent the better part of the day, washing, waxing, and detailing my truck for the show. I get there and park my truck next to the other guys' cars from my club. We all walk over to get a bite to eat, and when I'm returning to my truck with my bag of food, I see this guy "relaxing" on my truck. (He was leaned up on my rear fender with his forearm on the bed) The guys in my club were giving me crap about dealing with it and I told them I had it covered. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Nice pickup you got there."
Idiot: "Oh, this isn't my truck."
Me: "I know. It's mine and I would appreciate it if you would kindly remove you a$$ from it. A lot of time, money, sweat and tears goes into one of these and your a$$ doesn't have eyes to see the beauty in it. Please look, but don't f***ing touch."

This was followed up from laughs and snickers from my buddies and looks of shock from the idiot and his friends....one of which was a woman that I think he was trying to show off for. Heck, even one ol' feller whose car was across from mine even started clapping. (I guess the guy did the same thing to his car a few minutes before) Needless to say, the guy and his "posse" got out of there quickly. I did see the guy at the next gathering and he was steering clear of planting his a$$ on any of the cars. He and I made eye contact and I gave a quick wink and a nod with a smirk on my face as if to say, "I've got my eye on you." I haven't had any problems since.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
I feel for you guys that have all the fancy paint and chrome. The trucks look outatanding but it must be a bear to keep it clean and polished and guarded from people being on it.

BUT that is exactly why I don't have those things. I will eventually have a nice but not high dollar paint job about the same as any car on the road. Other than that it is a driver so I expect people to be on it and I don't have to worry any more than any other car I have.

jim

Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Fordman49F1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have that same problem...as I suppose many people do. I gave up on hounding people about it. It's not like I am worried about the paint...more the metal. My fenders are in presentable shape, I would enjoy keeping them that way. There is only one person I get on about denting my fenders...and as soon as his car gets up and running I will be sure to find a nice flat piece of metal to dent in for him. I let people sit in it to take pictures, or open the doors...usually people are quite respectful (moreso than myself). I need to remind them to slam the door, don't expect it to shut itself.

Best comment at a show...

Little girl: "Look mommy, that truck is brown."
Mom: "Yes it is...what other colors are on it?"
Girl: "Rust! (a slight pause) Mommy, Daddy, that truck is rusty!"
Dad: "Honey, don't say that out loud!"

My wife and I about fell over laughing! It just goes to show ya that kids know more than they let on!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Fordman49F1
I have that same problem...as I suppose many people do. I gave up on hounding people about it. It's not like I am worried about the paint...more the metal. My fenders are in presentable shape, I would enjoy keeping them that way.
yes metal gets weaker everytime you bend it over and over again,,,i dont want to spend extra work because some idiot has no respect for other peoples things

Old 02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Something else to consider is besides them being inconsiderate butt heads, most of them have no idea what so ever about the trucks and their condition. It just never occurs to them because the majority of people look at cars like an appliance.

So in conclusion your honor, they are not only inconsiderate buttheads but they also totally clueless. I rest my case......

jim

Quick Reply: @##%$&^$^* people sit on my fenders