New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey there, do you like Baileys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 PM
LTDHPP
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there, do you like Baileys?

Hello trucksters -
I found this site looking for info on my latest acquisition, an '87 F150 5.0/C6 longbed 2wd. Reading what i found, it looks like the late/hard shifts may have an easy fix, meaning I may have got a "good one" that just needs a little TLC in a few areas.
The body is nice a strait (except the rear bumper) with no rust, just a little faded clear and a few spots of flaking. Red/grey two-tone paint, bench seat and crank windows.
I don't plan to do a whole lot of anything interesting to it (unless I get bit by that bug)... this is supposed to be my spring cleaning work horse and get re-sold, but if it acts right I may just bond with it. I haven't even gotten it all the way home yet and I've got that tingly feeling already...

I just wanted to sign up and say thanks for the info... Im sure there will be some things i can't find answers to or figure out on my own. Also if i can't control myself there may be some "look what I can do" posts...

Until then, some may enjoy a look at my rusty baby... I converted her from CFI to SEFI, swapped in Towncar seats, headers & flowmasters and a few (million) other goodies.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:41 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Hi there Pete, welcome to FTE!

Glad you found our site, hope you enjoy you stay and all of the info available.

Check out the Virginia chapter FTE has for local members here,,, Virginia Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Introduce yourself, meet other local members and best of all JOIN your chapter, it's FREEEEEE!

Glad to have you as a member!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:09 AM
LTDHPP
New User
Thanks! I'll check it out.

I fixed a couple small things yesterday, poked around some, it still wants to occasionally idle-stall. I found a few threads on that too, hopefully i can get to the bottom of it.
Im definitely feeling that bug creeping up on me...

Here's a cardomain link for my '85 crown Vic, there's a few interesting things to see.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/764698...crown-victoria

Old 02-13-2011, 02:24 PM
LTDHPP
New User

I found the timing was off about 12 degrees, runs, idles and shifts much more appropriately now...! I'm guessing somebody set it with the spout in... it took a while to find that little guy.
I replaced the broken motorcraft PCV valve, and am going to relocate its source to the middle of the intake per info found here.

Now other than a couple leaks and bum fuel & oil pressure gauges (and needing tires) this is looking like a darn good truck. Engine is nice and quiet for a supposed 250K... judging by wear on the brake pedal it looks more like 150K, but once you get up there in mileage, the total is really irrelevant anyway.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome to the site