1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

More time to work on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
49m47
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More time to work on my truck

Well tonight we dropped my youngest son off at the Marine Corp recruiting office . Tomorrow he will be on his way to San Diego for boot camp. My older son leaves at the end of the month for job in San Antonio TX. I couldnt be more proud. Its just Mama and me know.
Like the title says, " More time to work on my truck".

Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
cool

Bet you are proud. I went to bootcamp in 79. They put you to the test. I think every kid should go to bootcamp right out of school. Then we wouldn't have alot of the trouble with young folks that we do today.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
You have every right to be a proud Poppa. I agree about boot camp as it was great for me.

As for more time to work on the truck there is not much better. I would suggest that you take some of that extra time and spend it with momma as it will pay dividends and besides you didn't get this far by yourself.

So when do we get to see pictures of your progress? You know how we love pictures...

jim

Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Congratulations, it sounds like you did right in raising your kids. I hope mine go as well, kids are the most wonderful and hardest thing a person can ever do.

If you get board, I'm only 2 hours away. You can come help me work on my truck too.
By the way, beautiful truck.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
49m47
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by hellfirejim
You have every right to be a proud Poppa. I agree about boot camp as it was great for me.

As for more time to work on the truck there is not much better. I would suggest that you take some of that extra time and spend it with momma as it will pay dividends and besides you didn't get this far by yourself.

So when do we get to see pictures of your progress? You know how we love pictures...

jim

Hellfirejim you are wise beyond your years.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 617 Likes on 553 Posts
From my expirience, you will now have less time to work on the truck. For the first year or so after the kids leave, your wife will be looking for you to fill the social void that she now has without the care of children in the home. It definately will be an adjustment period for both of you. However, if handled properly, it only gets better with time! Just like our trucks!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I live deep in the backwoods, and when my dad brought me to the bus station to see me off to boot camp, he asked me, "How long you in for?" I told him, "3 years." He replied back, " Heck, I might as well wait here for ya then."

Old 02-07-2011, 09:00 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 617 Likes on 553 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
I live deep in the backwoods, and when my dad brought me to the bus station to see me off to boot camp, he asked me, "How long you in for?" I told him, "3 years." He replied back, " Heck, I might as well wait here for ya then."
Now that's what I call deep in the woods! That's hilarious!