Oil Pressure Problem...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
sawcut
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Pressure Problem...HELP!!

Hey everyone I'm a newbie with a problem I could use some help with. My truck has the 4.2 six, and the trucks been fairly problematic since I bought it last April. It has 62,000 miles and the oil changes have been regular since I bought it with 39,000 miles. Anyway I had to have the leaking front cover gasket replaced last November(6000 miles ago), and yesterday the oil pressure gauge showed a slight fluctuation at idle. It's still in the normal range and reads fine when driving. This only seems to be happening after it has been driven on the highway for several miles, and only when the idle drops to it's lowest at about 750 RPM's. The oil level is full and has just been changed within the last 800 miles. The idle is slightly rough and slightly noisey, nothing I thought was abnormal, and also the oil light occasionaly flickers at the same time. Is this a common problem after the front cover has been replaced, or is it unrelated. When I changed the oil I used 5w30 Proline (Pep Boys off brand I think) Any and all help would be appreciated..Thanks.