Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

my left to do list

Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
needhelp49 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
my left to do list

put in speedo find a shifter for the column hang tailgate
sandblast and paint rear rims
drive the s%^&t out of it oh and rear view mirrors
wanted to thank all you guys for your help everything ya ever wanted to know is on here somewere ill post pics when i can get it outta the garage

Old 01-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Congratulations. It's always exciting to hear someone get theirs out on the road. It keeps me motivated. I'm hoping I get mine out before my 12 year old can drive....wait....maybe I shouldn't....

Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
almost there

Like i would tell the bosses . ALL I LIKE IS FINISHING UP. Get it back to the shop and buff it out install the chrome put the speakers in slip in a cd something loud like OZZIE [IRON MAN] and leave alittle rubber in the parking lot. WOOOHOOOOOO LUV ME A 51

Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
hellfirejim is starting off with a positive reputation.
You guys are lucky. If I started a finish up list I would have to write on a roll of toilet paper it is so long...

My short list is:
finish up the wiring.
install dash insert and electric speedo.
Install Lokar shifter
finish tail pipes to rear of truck.
balance rear wheels.
replace winshield rubber [hopefully not the windshield]
replace rear window and rubber.
start sealing up all the holes so I can drive it.

Then it is driving it all summer long till next winter where hopefully I will be installing the new steering setup and seats.[possibly some full on caddy seats with heaters]

jim

PS: if there is enough money left from my income tax refund I will get the steering done this time around.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:58 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Congrats, you only have a left list, I on the other hand still have a left and right list to do. Sounds like it will be happy motoring for you shortly

Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Well, what are you waiting for? Get your butt out in the shop and get to work....

Is there really and end to a "To Do" list? I'm afraid to even start a list as I don't think I could afford that much paper

Bobby

Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
needhelp49
Elder User
i havent been working dont really know why but the boss has no problem paying me to sit home so ive been spending 8 hours a day out in the garage
it sucks that this dang snow wont melt for 8 to 10 more weeks

Old 01-29-2011, 10:02 AM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
My list is much shorter. It reads;
Take everything apart.
Find 20 grand.
Rebuild, repair or replace nearly everything on the pile, because it needs it.
Put it all back together.

I've always been really good at step 1. LOL

Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Red face to do list

My to do list lately has been renovate basement... not nearly as much fun as toying on the truck, but warmer. We're getting 8-10 inches of snow today. Yesterday was above freezing , so pushed the money pit out of garage, and cleaned so I could find it when I go to work on it again. Did install small heater (think hand warmer ) in garage yesterday.

I'm already adding things on my list like re-route exhaust, re-do seat upholstery, re-wire headlights. Anything with "re" in front of it can wait; my plan is to have it driveable by end of May...... I may be delusional

Tom

Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
well to heat the garage i went to a garage sale that had a wood stove for sale got there and it had a sold sign on it. bummer 2 days later it was sittng on the curb stoped and asked the guy never came back so it was mine for free
that thing gets it to 80 when its -20 out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.