Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

truck stuck to the frame in mud hilarious pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:10 PM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
truck stuck to the frame in mud hilarious pics!!

ok so heres my baby had to sit overnight like this, of course she fired up in a split second with the lower end of the engine submerged in mud+ice soup.

another angle, now bear in mind I'm 6'1" tall

my buddy coming with his company wrecker to pull me out

annnnnnddd 10 minutes later the ice broke

now, friend of the family coming to save us

me getting pulled out lmao

Red and how she sits today

well pretty funny, it happened about a month ago, thought I would share

Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Rick Wallace
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What in the world were you doing on that frozen tundra??

Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 PM
wreckinball
Postmaster
**** man it looks like the bumper got pulled off! ouch!! haha, wish i could get buried like that around here and have some friends like that on hand!! hahaha what a trip!!

Old 01-23-2011, 12:05 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a normal summer day at my friend's dad's farm! Well, except for the big-rig wrecker we use is a tri-ax so it don't sink quite as easy (plus we usually know better than to pull in the soup with it), but on the other hand it makes it that much more interesting when it does get stuck... Hello D7 Kitty-Cat, lol Oh, and by the way I am kinda surprised your truck fired up easy while sitting in this mess, I had a friend drive his IDI though some deep waters and that apparently flooded the starter so bad it wouldn't wanna engage at all - had to pull it off and dry it out with a propane torch, then it worked good again.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:20 AM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Rick Wallace
What in the world were you doing on that frozen tundra??
driving through the dirt to check something out then all the sudden i just felt like the truck sank a few foot and wouldnt move

Originally Posted by wreckinball
**** man it looks like the bumper got pulled off! ouch!! haha, wish i could get buried like that around here and have some friends like that on hand!! hahaha what a trip!!
yeah I had to rebend the tabs where the bolts mount to the bumper brackets looks good as new

Originally Posted by LCAM-01XA
Sounds like a normal summer day at my friend's dad's farm! Well, except for the big-rig wrecker we use is a tri-ax so it don't sink quite as easy (plus we usually know better than to pull in the soup with it), but on the other hand it makes it that much more interesting when it does get stuck... Hello D7 Kitty-Cat, lol Oh, and by the way I am kinda surprised your truck fired up easy while sitting in this mess, I had a friend drive his IDI though some deep waters and that apparently flooded the starter so bad it wouldn't wanna engage at all - had to pull it off and dry it out with a propane torch, then it worked good again.
guess I was lucky, started right up and drove it right home lol

Old 01-23-2011, 12:23 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Originally Posted by powerstroker100
yeah I had to rebend the tabs where the bolts mount to the bumper brackets looks good as new
Don't you just love it how Ford decided tow hooks on these trucks are not necessary? That's like the first thing I make sure any of my trucks have, especially the 2wd ones...

Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 AM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
yeah just another thing I miss about my powerstroke, I would like to make some type of custom bumper with a reciever on it though

Old 01-23-2011, 12:43 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Well you can always use them hooks they sell at parts stores for $10 each, they actually work quite well provided your tow strap don't fall off them. Also, look into hooks from a Gen-2 Chevy Blazer or GMC Jimmy, they are pretty nice as well. Custom bumpers are lots of work, and usually expensive.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
I wasnt thinking anything fancy like some of the winch bumpers seen today, I was thinking 2 layers of pipe welded together and cut 45# at both ends then taking another small piece cutting it at 45# and rounding it around the fenders, something simple and cheap and boy do I love welding, then I would just by a piece of square tubing well more like square plate then welding it to the bottom of the lower pipe, tada simple bumper with a reciever, and a tow hook on each side

and so Lcam when do we get to see some pictures of your dually? I dont think I've ever seen it posted on here

Old 01-23-2011, 01:29 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Hank, I'm actually one of those people who don't mind sharing their vehicular knowledge and experience one bit, but at the same time do not like for everyone and their mother to know what exactly it is that they drive - I grew up in a world where easily recognized also means easily targeted, in one way or another, so please excuse my pic-posting unwillingness...

About the bumper, can you draw up something in paint, cause I can't quite visualize it by your description alone.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:35 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,117 Likes on 2,174 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroker100
I wasnt thinking anything fancy like some of the winch bumpers seen today, I was thinking 2 layers of pipe welded together and cut 45# at both ends then taking another small piece cutting it at 45# and rounding it around the fenders, something simple and cheap and boy do I love welding, then I would just by a piece of square tubing well more like square plate then welding it to the bottom of the lower pipe, tada simple bumper with a reciever, and a tow hook on each side
that sounds too much like work.
i like to keep my bumpers/bashers simple.

8 inch channel steel from an old warehouse pallet rack system.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 AM
gumper 123
Senior User
That brings back memorys when i was 17 got a 78 3/4 ton chevy with 35,s was drinking got it buried up to the door panels. Thought it would be smart to comeback sober the next day temps droped to zero that night truck froze in for 2 weeks had to build tent around truck with tarps and 2 big salamader heaters. Man was my old man pissed. If i would haved had my fords never would have happened HA HA

Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 AM
94 smokin stroker
Elder User
Ok i guess im forced to work on trying to post my fb pics up here again i also buried mine about 2 months ago playing at the pipeline water,thick mud,ice mix budys cummins couldnt yank me out so we went to his grading company and got the rubber tire backhoe and pulled me out once out had a flat tire so changed it in the cold wet mud then on my way again haha and like you mine cranked fine it had to sit overnight to

Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tjc transport
that sounds too much like work.
i like to keep my bumpers/bashers simple.

8 inch channel steel from an old warehouse pallet rack system.
Yup, that setup most certainly looks like it'd work for him too. Well, maybe sans the lil' one, Hank don't strike me as daddy material quite yet, lol

Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend

Quick Reply: truck stuck to the frame in mud hilarious pics!!