Sponsored by: DP Tuner

4x4 high stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
hdman6
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 4x4 high stuck on

i have a 2002 350 7.3. I used my 4wd low yesterday on a slippery driveway. I went to click out and it went to 4wd high and is stuck there. I unlocked the hubs (manual warns, no vacuum lines). So I just finished some testing of this situations.. I locked the hubs and it went to 4wd, but would not click to 4wd low after i switched it to low. It just stayed on 4wd high setting. I tried the neurtral and brake setting trick thing to see if it would unlock. Nope.. So anybody have this happen to them? And where are the switches and contacts that control the locking unlocking. Maybe I need to replace one of them. I havent used it all summer (guess i should have) and now I have this going on in the freezing cold we now have. any thoughts? thanks Jeff

Old 12-15-2010, 12:59 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are relays under the hood that operate the motor that switches the transfer case. You can check to see if you are getting power to those relays. Check for a blown fuse also. I forget which # fuse is for the 4wd.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:17 PM
hdman6
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot to take it out of 4-low yesterday by neutral and brake etc. I just went to free on the hubs got in switched to 4-high as i was driving and then 2 high, that is when the light stayed on. i guess having manual hubs makes you forget the procedure. I liked my old truck with the manual engagement of the 4wd via floor shifter.. It was either IN or OUT no electronics to mess with. I will try to get in into 4 low again then back it out once more the right way. That is what happens when your in a hurry... Hopefully it will go back to 2 h if not ill be back.... thanks jeff