6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

10k miles, flashed, and only 1 complaint

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 PM
GlennK
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10k miles, flashed, and only 1 complaint

Well let's see about a few comments before my beef...

My computer crashed during the flash install, took 3 days for Ford to get a new one, but all is well after 5k + after the flash

someone has trouble with trip meters at 999m .... both A&B currently read 3K + after several resets.. no prob here

Yes, have noticed some mileage decrease after winter blend ... but not always ..... puzzling

this is my 3rd F250 w'pwrstroke ('97 & '03 with superchip programmer,) this one beats 'em both

NOW MY BEEF ... my front end bounces terribly after a good dip in the road and in general the same on a bumpy country road ... running 18's with 65 pds like the door sticker says ............ now I have a plow package and do not run or carry a plow on the front end, anyone think the plow package adds too much spring to the front or the shocks can't handle the load ( have the FX4 pack also)

Old 12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bounce makes me think the shocks are not up to the challenge. The only function of a shock is to allow the suspension to work when you need it but control the response of the suspension after you have passed by the condition of the land that required suspension travel.

Action is good, Re-action is bad.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My F350 does not do this

Old 12-10-2010, 11:14 PM
GlennK
Freshman User
next visit to the dealer, I'm going to ask them to check the front shocks .... it's like they are blown or not sized right??

Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't believe my front end bounces as well. Of course, the ground is pretty flat around here lol.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Rickx
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same issue. The front end bounces after an expansion joint or some other major bump or dip, but only at highway speeds. I'm going to the dealer next week for a warranty issue of the passenger window switch not working for rolling up the window and an alignment. Mine also favors pulling to the right when I hit rougher road. This is just a very slight - wants to go off center to the right. I had planned on getting them to look very closely at the shocks as they seem inadequate.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:41 AM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe death wobble? I cant remember if ford fixed it for 2011 or not. But my 05 had terible death wobble, just needed a steering stabilizer

Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by GlennK
NOW MY BEEF ... my front end bounces terribly after a good dip in the road and in general the same on a bumpy country road ... running 18's with 65 pds like the door sticker says ............ now I have a plow package and do not run or carry a plow on the front end, anyone think the plow package adds too much spring to the front or the shocks can't handle the load ( have the FX4 pack also)
I will know for sure next week if the ride is too hard (hoping my truck shows up). It really sounds like the shocks aren't doing their job. The snowplow package beefs up the springs but it should be the shocks that should have the most affect on ride quality.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:53 PM
GlennK
Freshman User
schocks should stop all the bouncing, and that's not happening .... like I said earlier, no other complaints, my one thought was if the plow package raised the front with heavier springs and the shocks were not long enough to act properly ........... well, we'll see what the dealer says, than the fight can begin!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Rick Cargo
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
My only squak with this truck is the on again/off again rattle/clunking thats somewhere inside the cab panels in the back seat passenger side. No one can find it.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
GlennK
Freshman User
finally made it back to the dealer ........... but had to lead them by the nose!!!!

went in for service and told them about the front end bouncing and possibly bad shocks.. they completed the service and said everything on the front end checked out OK ........... really? I said let's go outside and watch me push down on the front bumper; I pushed down several times and could actually get the truck bouncing .. so they ordered new shocks and put them on today ............. Like driving a new truck, I saw the old Ranchos ........... they slid up and down with no resistance; both shocks had to be defective from new ............ all is good, took small trip today and like having another new truck!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Tacswa3
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo
My only squak with this truck is the on again/off again rattle/clunking thats somewhere inside the cab panels in the back seat passenger side. No one can find it.
Thank god! I'm not the only one. I also have a rattle on the driver's door somewhere and a the sound of something rolling around in the dash behind the radio area. Driving me nuts and can't figure out what it is.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Tacswa3
Thank god! I'm not the only one. I also have a rattle on the driver's door somewhere and a the sound of something rolling around in the dash behind the radio area. Driving me nuts and can't figure out what it is.
Finally, someone else with noise in the dash behind the radio.
Not that it's a good thing.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:33 PM
jfritz_drfritz
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo
F450 KR I have this too, I think it has something to do with the doors locking automatically

Old 12-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by GlennK
finally made it back to the dealer ........... but had to lead them by the nose!!!!

went in for service and told them about the front end bouncing and possibly bad shocks.. they completed the service and said everything on the front end checked out OK ........... really? I said let's go outside and watch me push down on the front bumper; I pushed down several times and could actually get the truck bouncing .. so they ordered new shocks and put them on today ............. Like driving a new truck, I saw the old Ranchos ........... they slid up and down with no resistance; both shocks had to be defective from new ............ all is good, took small trip today and like having another new truck!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I have the truck now and certainly can say the snowplow packaged truck I drive rides very well. Not a very comforting thought to see repair shops not able to diagnose a simply issue like bad shocks. The bounce test is the most basic test of them all!

Quick Reply: 10k miles, flashed, and only 1 complaint