1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Loss of power, shop says it is the EBPV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loss of power, shop says it is the EBPV?

Having problems with my 7.3, I posted a week or so back about a loss of power and running rough. Here is the original thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-of-power.html

Anyway, I had to take the truck to a local shop for diagnose as I do not have a garage or the time to work on it. There original diagnose was the FICM based on codes they pulled. They requested my Hypertech tuner box so they could remove the tunes and check codes again. Now with no tunes, they are pulling just a code for EBPV. They are saying the truck is now idling smoother but has no power and is putting up a huge smoke screen. From my reading on this forum I do not recall an EBPV blockage or failure causing this? How should I proceed with the shop? Tear into the EBPV tube, valve, etc or is there something else I should have them look at first? Can the EBPV be disabled to prove out that it is the problem?

Old 12-02-2010, 04:24 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think the ebpv would cause that. You could unplug the solenoid on the front of the turbo pedistal. You could also unplug the sensor to rule that out. Still could be a fuel pressure problem. Anyway, here is a bump for you.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdpower
I don't think the ebpv would cause that.
That was my thought too, the mechanic, who seems to know his way around PSD's, is confident that is the problem. I hope he is correct as I do not have the money to just throw parts at this thing until he figures out what the problem is.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry I didn't see your other thread before. If you need help, I can meet up with you today if you'd like. I have Autoenginuity. PM me with your phone number.