Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

December BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:09 PM
KC92F150
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening everyone, I am new to the Nevada chapter and my name is Kevin. I've been on the site for a few years now and thought its about time I get involved. Just wanted to say hey, and introduce my self.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Welcome Kevin!

Glad to have ya here and enjoy your stay!

Old 12-09-2010, 02:57 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Kevin.

I finally received my gas tank. Now just waiting on my injectors. Just checked and UPS' website states that it should be here today.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Everyone. We only planned to be in Nevada for two years. But licensing, college paperwork, etc have delayed things. But finally it appears everything is cleared up. We are excited. We both lived most of our lives in Nevada. I'm from a fourth generation ranch family from the Mason Valley NV & my wife is from a third generation ranch family from Smith Valley Nevada. We both have seen this State change for the worse over the years. Arizona, is much like Nevada was 30 years ago. Arizona didn't let people from other states change the basic way Arizona has always been, unlike Nevada. It is sad to both of us to watch the State we grew up in & loved for so many years being destroyed.

Craig

Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Friday!!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Talking

I admit that I haven't been in NV for very long (since 05), but there is a definite change here. Not to mention with the economy still being on a major downturn (ya, I know, it's everywhere), that hasn't helped the situation either.

I'm glad things are workin' out for you and your family though. Very cool. :-)

Happy Friday morning to all!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Good evening everyone. I have my injectors and my gas tank. Now just waiting on a new fuel pump to arrive. No point in having a new tank and an old pump.

I understand what you are talking about Craig. I have lived here off and on for the past 32 years and a lot has changed. It used to be that you could always find a job here but now all the jobs are being staffed by workers coming in from out of the country. The program is good as long as it is not abused, but it is being abused and local workers are being pushed out to make room.

Demon, I have made a thread for you in the Chapter forum. Lets all head over there to welcome Demon to the Chapter.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
My very own thread?! Uh oh...am I in trouble? LOL

Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Good afternoon everyone. I put my new fuel injectors in the truck today. Driving around a bit to pressurize the system and now my check engine light is on. I will have to pull the codes and see what is wrong.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good evening Nevada!

Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by R1_Demon
I admit that I haven't been in NV for very long (since 05), but there is a definite change here. Not to mention with the economy still being on a major downturn (ya, I know, it's everywhere), that hasn't helped the situation either.

I'm glad things are workin' out for you and your family though. Very cool. :-)

Happy Friday morning to all!
Good Evening Nevada. Yea, I have seen a real big change in the last 10 years for sure. Sadly not for the better. Nevada has been good to my wife & I over our lives. It just really hurts to see the direction this State is going. I never thought I would feel so disgusted with Nevada as I do. To me it is real sad.
The recession is everywhere but Nevada is really one of the worst in the Nation. Nevada for years never looked beyond Gaming, Mining, & Road Construction. As a result Nevada can't support all the people that are here.
I see it only getting worse. Retirees don't do much for an economy as far as jobs, taxes, etc. But they really tax the system. Without a personal tax they come here & just take with little giving. Somewhere the cost becomes too great. Without Companies that provide good jobs which Nevada has few, what can be expected. Those of us who are native wanted the Nuclear Repository. That would of if done as in Europe would of brought thousands of good jobs to Nevada. There was & may still be a master plan that would of turned from Las Vegas to Beatty into a corridor of Science. The job potential was unlimited. Nevada at one time could of had basically what Alaska has with the oil. Billion of dollars were out there, But the powers to be & Las Vegas, & Nevada NEW residence from other States killed it.

Craig

Old 12-12-2010, 08:22 PM
KC92F150
Senior User

I've been here in Vegas since 98. When I retired from the AF in 2001 I started working in a hydraulic shop. There was loads of work. Over the past few years its been hard to even buy a job.

I was laid off about 4 month ago. Looking for a job is hard here. No one is hiring. Even starter jobs are hard to get. Thankfully I finally got a job starting tomorrow. Hopefully things will change and get back to normal soon.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:42 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone. Pulled the codes and it was the egr (forgot to put the vacuum line back on) and the Fuel pump relay. The relay code was from when I pulled it to depressurize the system. I have cleared the codes and the truck is running better but still has a bit of hesitation in the top end.

I keep hearing how the economy has bounced back but I think they forgot to tell everyone I do think that people are starting to take notice to what is going on and if so we may see some things change. At least I hope so.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:29 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:29 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good morning Nevada!

Quick Reply: December BS thread