1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Time to get back at it

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 AM
racoonbandit
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to get back at it

Well It has been a while since I have made any progress on the 54, but Dad passed away a few weeks ago and I feel I need to get this truck back on the road.. Me and my son started putting her back together last week and did pretty well for a days work. I use to have a goal to get this thing in tip top shape and back rolling, but I have realized that sometimes settings goals only make for bigger disappointments when not reached. Dad kept telling me I need to get the 54 running before he died so I could take him for a ride. Well I didnt get it done in time. But now I got Dad looking over me to help me out and I'm sure he will keep me motivated. Pics soon to follow. Thanks Dad!

Old 12-01-2010, 04:52 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss and trust the time spent with your son on the project will bring you joy that links the past to the present.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Once you get it back if you look over once in a while you see your Dad riding next to you with a big grin on his face....

Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bandit, sorry for your loss, it takes a long time to get a grip with something like this happens but like you said he is watching over your shoulder so don't screw up on anything or he will bring the rath of GOD down on you, we all know where our DADS go to when they pass, Garry

Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
dad

Tape a pic. of your dad to the dash and everytime you walk by it you will have to do some work. GET-R-DONE

Old 12-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to hear about you loss. You're Dad will still be there helping!

Goals are fine, but I've found with these trucks to set them very "generously!" Lots of time and (unfortunately) lots of $$$$$.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss.

I lost my Dad in 2003 and it still seems like yesterday. However he is always in the shop with me. He had great patience and perseverance. Every time I get in too much of a hurry, I swear I can hear him say, "Don't get so damn rambunctious!"

I talk to him a lot out in the garage.

Enjoy you truck, enjoy your memories and make new ones with your son!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:25 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
I am sorry to hear about your loss. On the other hand you are a very blessed man as you get to work on your truck with both your son and your dad. Keep at it and remember that all the little things getting done witll make it drive one day.
jim