Another Cold Start Won't Start Thread - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Another Cold Start Won't Start Thread

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Cold Start Won't Start Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
i've heard that ice has a way of flipping trucks on their ear.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:48 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
spdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by River19 View Post
I thought I read that in the manual as well.......so barring flipping upside down, Optimas are just bling for under the hood..........I think I'll save the extra $160 and buy two decent Duralasts with 850 CCA or something similar.
They have their place, I use one in my off highway vehicle that sees a very harsh environment and sometimes it does end up on its side. For a truck I see no benefit to using one. I'd by a Sears Platinum battery before an Optima.

Like everyone else said, if you put your truck on its lid I don't think the owner will be thinking he's glad he's got that Optima for this kind of situation.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
River19
Elder User
River19 has a good reputation on FTE.River19 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by spdmpo View Post
They have their place, I use one in my off highway vehicle that sees a very harsh environment and sometimes it does end up on its side. For a truck I see no benefit to using one. I'd by a Sears Platinum battery before an Optima.

Like everyone else said, if you put your truck on its lid I don't think the owner will be thinking he's glad he's got that Optima for this kind of situation.
Valid point. If I flip an 8,000lb truck on its lid, I'm not thinking about the status of my batteries.........more like "do you think the cute paramedic will notice I crapped myself while she is treating me for my head wound?......yeah the smell is a dead giveaway......."

I was thinking Autocraft Gold from Advanced Auto Parts for $105 each, anything I should know about? Those Sears Die Hard Plats are like $210 each........heck I just dropped $90 on oil change supplies (T6 and 1995) and this is going to eat up my new rabbit gun money.........

Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
spdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to beholdspdmpo is a splendid one to behold
It's your call where to get batteries, any new ones will work and they all have a good warranty these days. I'm not going to recommend any because some have good luck with a certain brand and some don't. I prefer to stay with the Motorcraft brand as I've never had one crap out before it's expected life span is up and leave me stranded. Neither has a Diehard (I've never used a platinum but would love them, cost too much). But the others have for me in the past.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Troop4Christ
New User
Troop4Christ is starting off with a positive reputation.
@River19 you are one seriously funny guy. Thanks for the laugh!