Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering and exhaust manifold studs questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 AM
98mustangchris
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering and exhaust manifold studs questions!!

I have a 2000 Excursion v10 4x4. It have a rough time keeping it on the road either in the city or on the highway. It wanders terribly side to side. It has monroe shocks on it front and back that the previous owner installed, not sure how old they are. Is there anything you all reccommend doing? I know i should expect some wandering, but im considering selling becuase it is a total nightmare to drive most of the time. Especially going between semi's on the interstate. I towed my 35foot and 9000lb Travel trailer with it with a distribution setup and I was fearing for my life. I have never gripped the steering wheel so hard. My 2002 dodge ram quad cab 1500 handled it atleast 6 times better even on the free way. I sold it becuase the lack of power and bought the Ex. What do you all reccommend. I have E rated tires that are properly inflated.
Also: I have the common passenger side manifold rusted studs. How much from your experience did this cost you to have fixed. It is leaking pretty bad. Thank you for your help. It only has 127,000 miles on it.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
98mustangchris
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody?????

Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM
EMC V10 X
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 98mustangchris
Also: I have the common passenger side manifold rusted studs. How much from your experience did this cost you to have fixed. It is leaking pretty bad. Thank you for your help. It only has 127,000 miles on it.
I can say from experience, I would bet if it is leaking on one side, the other side is to, or is about to. for me it was 300 for the Pasenger side and 250 for the drivers side less than a week later.