6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Differential Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
SuperDoodieDutyDude
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differential Questions

is the rear electronic locking differential a limited-slip/posi or an open differential under normal circumstances?

was also wondering if anyone has thought about and possibly successfully installed a front electronic locking differential possibly wired up to an upfitter switch. is there anything even on the market to do this?

would be nice if an electronic front locker was added to the option list in the future. if dodge can do it with the power wagon surely ford could.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
mikebob
Junior User
There is an "E" locker I think made by Auburn. However I'm not sure they have one for the 32-35 spline dana 60.

My truck is a F450, a rear locker is not an option so I went with ARB air lockers front and rear. I have done this on three prior superdutys with great results.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
also, it's an open diff under normal circumstances. hasn't presented a problem for me yet and I've been on some pretty hairy dirt/mud roads

on a side note - this truck in 4L is an impressive beast. just saying.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
SuperDoodieDutyDude
Junior User
Originally Posted by mikebob
There is an "E" locker I think made by Auburn. However I'm not sure they have one for the 32-35 spline dana 60.

My truck is a F450, a rear locker is not an option so I went with ARB air lockers front and rear. I have done this on three prior superdutys with great results.
Do you have upfitter switches, and if so did you utilize those for the lockers? In general how much are the lockers after all is said and done?

Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 PM
machine62
Senior User
Has anybody attempted or successfully wired the factory eld to an upfitter switch so it doesn't disengage above 25 mph? I apologize if this has been discussed before but it annoys me when it kicks out. This would be a bad deal when going down the track at a truck pull. Just wondering if it is possible.