OK Bushwacker Side Flairs

Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Big-old-460
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Bushwacker Side Flairs

Hey , got a couple Questions,
OK so I ordered these
Parts Bin - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - bushwacker - 1993 Ford F-350 Bushwacker

they just came in the mail , and i am having a hard time trying to figure out how to install these, they came with blk and white copy's of instructions , but I am just having a tuff time,,
Has anyone installed these on there truck and can explain the processes on how that did it ,,
I would appreciate it and , theres a free Rep Point for you ! lol thxs guys.

jayson

Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
I've never installed them. Can't imagine it would be too complicated. Maybe you just need a better copy of the instructions.

Try here:
Bushwacker - Installation Guides

Old 11-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Big-old-460
Senior User
OK these r a joke

Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Big-old-460
Senior User
OK this is all Messed up,, I need help and advice.. please. I just pressed fit the front ones on they look horrible and I dont think i did this right , WHY does it tell me to CUT. with a Saw , and these instructions are not very detailed.. my front ones look all buckled, I didnt cut anything to install them ... Bushwacker - Installation Guides my Flares are 20021, 20022
can i get some advice GRRR * sry annoyed
jayson

Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Did you already cut out the sheet metal?

Old 11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Big-old-460
Senior User
Originally Posted by bpounds
Did you already cut out the sheet metal?
NO that is the problem i am having ??? i do not understand how and what they want me to cut .. its not
very self explanatory

jayson

Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Put the same flares on my 93 F450 boom truck a few months ago. Since it's an XL it doesnt have any body side moldings which is probably the source of your anxiety. I believe the trick is to sketch the profile of the flare onto the molding and cut the molding rather than the flare. A multi tool with a plastic cutting plunge blade would net the best results but careful scoring with a utility knife would work too but take a lot longer.
The 92-96 fenders/quarters have that V shape in the lower sheet metal, a careful scribe of the flare will make it fit perfectly but with the supplied self adhering rubber grommet/gasket it conforms pretty well without having to cut it.
There are pre marked holes on the flare where the screws are to attach it to the fenders. Pre drill, dont rely on the self tapping screws to do it on thier own.
Overall, mine fit quite well and look good.
Just my opinion but you might consider painting yours to match the white on the rest of the truck. The combination of the high lift plus the black flares and tires might look like the fenders are cut out that high from a distance, like the flare is an extension of the void between the tire and wheelwell.
Be patient and take your time and it will turn out well. Make sure its warm where/when you install them, the plastic is a lot more pliable.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Whoa, just realized you might have the cut out flares??

Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Checking those numbers it seems they are the cut out version. Unless you need 3+ inches of additional tire coverage, I'd suggest returning them and getting the extend a fender or street version which gives less tire coverage but doesnt require cutting up the nice sheet metal on your 93.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Yeah, they are definitely cut-out style. What they want you to do is trace "tangentially" around the wheel well opening. Those instructions suck, just like you said. And since that cutting is a oneway street, I don't want to lead you wrong, even though I think I understand what they want. So, my advice is to call them on Monday and ask them to explain it so that you are certain you understand.

Actually, my best advice is to send them back. You are lifted so high, you do not need cut-out style flairs.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Big-old-460
Senior User
OK couple Things, I got a police ticket I need to pay off, It was for no Fender flairs , no KC lights and no Mud flaps, And because i live in California , I had to fix all those things to avoid a 900 $ ticket.
now once all installed its just 10 dollar Fix it ticket.

i want the 3.75 coverage . so i am happy with that ..
What i do not understand is They want me to Cut in to my truck , they can not be press fit , i just dont understand how to cut , where to cut , and how to do it with out messing things up .
thxs
i realized you dont cut the Flair it self, there one molded pice. But cut in to the truck ? to fit..
any other advice would be help ful i am just not getting it.
jayson
LMS thxs for your responds as well. maybe we can discuss this further .

jayson

Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Looks like you got a cop that needs to get laid.
What the cut out version requires is that you cut the sheet metal at each of the wheel openings. Typically this is to provide space for a super tall/wide tire that will interfere with the metal when turning or over bumps.
I know its none of my business but your truck looks really nice and cutting away so much metal will accelerate rust issues and probably depreciate its' value.
Since I havent myself installed a set of cut outs I would not consider my advice on what to do appropriate although I have a good idea of what is required. A pneumatic cut off wheel would likely be the safest bet followed by careful successive passes with finer stones on a grinder. I would then use an epoxy primer over all the bare metal followed by a good base/clearcoat b4 installing the flares.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
bushwacker.com http://www.bushwacker.com/Instructions/20021a.pdf

try this. When I did it was slow to load so I couldnt see what was there, maybe you'll have better luck.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Did you ever get these installed Jayson?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Big-old-460
Senior User
OK guys up date i figured out what i need to do.. i gotta cut the fender up for these to fit... i dont have a saw so i maa have to wait a while sry guys once i do install them i will post pics thanks !

jayson

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK Bushwacker Side Flairs