Old 02-25-2003, 10:47 PM
icebreaker88
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diablo chip?

would like to know which delta chip most of you are running the 54/78 or 54/90

this will be on a 95 psd
full exhaust, gauges, and tymar intake
the most i will be towing is a 16' car hauler with a full size bronco on it.

thanks

Old 02-25-2003, 10:52 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
diablo chip?

The 54/78 outsells any 90+ combination 20 to 1.

Old 02-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
diablo chip?

I have the 54/78 set up and I love it. With the mods you have you could go with the higher setting with no problem. Ken will have you sign some kind of wavier before he will sell it though.
DistictiveDave has the 54/90 maybe higher and he loves his.
I just put my truck on the Dyno last weekend and in the 78 mode I put down 282hp. Thats with 4 inch exhaust, and a drop in K&N filter.
I also have the B&D X-Monitor for my gauges.

All in all I love this chip, maybe after I put new valves in the tranny I'll have Ken reburn it for 90+hp.

Hope this helps,
Will-

Old 02-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
diablo chip?

Im running a non flip chip but its set at 110HP. I do love it. Its awesome, but if you also check my sig. im running a Hypermax H2E turbo and im planning on getting a bullet proof trans from BTS in Arkansas soon. So unless you want to break stuff, i would keep your chip at 54/78. Thats a good combination for fuel economy and some play time too!

Old 02-26-2003, 04:10 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
diablo chip?

Ghostrider304- What else, besides the chip, have you done to your truck to get to 282 rwhp? That's pretty impressive. Did y'all drop in some bigger injectors?
As for me and my Delta chip, I've got the "tow"/"extreme" combination, and love it. I guess that's the 54/100hp combination. The "tow" position gives the best mileage for the freeway, but you only lose about .5mpg by running around in "extreme" while around town, and it's more fun. With your mods, you'd probably find that this is a really nice combination.

Old 02-26-2003, 08:38 AM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
diablo chip?

No injectors, just the chip the exhaust and the drop in filter. I hope to pick up a few more horses with a better intake system.
I too was impressed with the out put of my truck.

If you want to see pics of the group that Dynoed last week take a look at,http://www.logantele.com/~pbaker/die...dieselfun.html

Mine is the silver Ford, the white dodge pulled 451hp, with injectors and some great tuning by the owner.

Later,
Will-

Old 02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
diablo chip?

Ghostrider,
That is really good for a 78 HP chip. When i had my 80HP Hypermax Chip and a drop in filter, i ran 268HP. I have a PMT2 code which im not impressed with. When i got my diablo chip i had it flashed to NVK4 which is much better. I still have not gotten my truck dynoed with the turbo, exhaust and new chip. Soon.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
diablo chip?

I need to edit my last post but I had problems with the system after I posted. The link I gave was incorrect It should be, http://www.logantele.com/~pbaker/die...dieselfun.html

Dave, I'm real happy with my truck and I've got one of the worst ECU codes (PMT3). Can't wait till I get the valve in the tranny done and a better Intake, then its reburn the chip for 100hp.

Later,
Will-

Old 02-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
diablo chip?

Dave, we're having a dyno day on Sunday up here in the Seattle area. If you leave right now, you'd be able to make it.

Old 02-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
diablo chip?

If it was a little closer I think I would take a ride, right now im not doing anything but waiting for the grass to grow. Im a landscaper/snow plower and there is no snow either. So I pretty much sit at home all day and do nothing. Maybe next time. Good luck Quadzilla and let us know what kind of numbers you put up.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:03 PM
metalbender
Junior User
diablo chip?

I am curious, what is it that you are pulling that you want all these mods to a PSD? I pull trailers weighing 16,000# and have a 54 chip and that works great. I pull these about 30,000 miles a year, but that's why I have a deisel. Just curious.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
diablo chip?

I really dont pull anything with my crew cab. Only every once in a while. I use my dump truck for towing. Just because you have more power doesnt mean you can pull more, because you cant exceed the GCVWR of the truck.
My crew cab pickup is just a TOY for now, i like driving it fast and blowing away Ch*vys and D*dges. Just for fun. Oh yea..the girls like it too!

Old 02-27-2003, 04:34 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
diablo chip?

Dave- I'll be glad to post my numbers, but I don't think I can run with you SuperDuty guys. This will be the fourth time in a year that I've had it on a dyno, and the last two times I've come in just over 200rwhp. Once I get propane, I expect to be a little more respectable.
Metalbender- I don't tow anything of any size either, but my truck is also my toy, and besides the fun I have with the truck, it opens the door so I can hang out with y'all. I've made a lot of friends through membership in various truck-related organizations, and a lot of my social life is centered around the truck, especially since I refuse to socialize with people at work.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:19 AM
dunnit52
Junior User
diablo chip?

Originally posted by Distinctive Dave
Im running a non flip chip but its set at 110HP. I do love it. Its awesome, but if you also check my sig. im running a Hypermax H2E turbo and im planning on getting a bullet proof trans from BTS in Arkansas soon. So unless you want to break stuff, i would keep your chip at 54/78. Thats a good combination for fuel economy and some play time too!
Dave, tell me more or post a link to this BTS bullet proof tranny, please. I have a F-350 PSD 4x4 and used for heavy towing (I pull a 9000# Bobcat everyday). The truck had reached 90K with no problems yet, but looking to the near future....

Thanks, Don

Old 02-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
diablo chip?

Sorry for the late reply, but here is his website where you can get more info. www.brianstruckshop.com

Quick Reply: diablo chip?