6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Bed liners???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford liner installed by dealer, very pleased so far.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tampacamper
Don't they fade? Here in FLorida the sun is not forgiving.
we get a bit of sun in TX, too

Old 10-27-2010, 06:56 AM
tampacamper
Senior User
Originally Posted by VAJeff
One of the reasons we are going from our 02 PSD Excursion (when we sell it) to a new (most likely 11) F350 is for this reason.

From your pick, it looks like you have the standard bed. I have heard the carts will fit with all tires in the bed, you just can not shut the gate. How is it working out for you?

What are you using for ramps to load the cart? Then what do you do to secure it?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am curious. I am also interested in the thread topic as well. We will need some sort of cover when we make the move to a P/U Truck.

Jeff
Here is the golf cart we have
ST SPORT 2+2

I have aluminum folding ramps that work great. They fit in the front storage in the trailer when folded up.To tie it down I use ratchet straps. It fits in the ford better than the chevy I had. The extra bed length of the ford makes it easier to haul.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
RickSo
Junior User
I have used Line-X in my last four trucks but, I had a Rhino spray in liner done on the 2011. Seems to be very good.

Rick

Old 10-27-2010, 11:06 AM
VAJeff
Freshman User
Here is the golf cart we have
ST SPORT 2+2

I have aluminum folding ramps that work great. They fit in the front storage in the trailer when folded up.To tie it down I use ratchet straps. It fits in the ford better than the chevy I had. The extra bed length of the ford makes it easier to haul.
Thanks for the info, I am sure every inch counts and Ford does give us a little more.

You are hauling just like I am expecting too. I am planning on buying some 9 or 10 foot folding ramps to use. I would need to keep the ramps in the bed somehow while traveling though (if possible). My pass through storage on the trailer has a lot in it (although I may be able to shift a few things if the bed proves to be impossible).

To make the angle up to the bed, will a 9 or 10 foot ramp work?

From what I have read a lot of people are able to keep the gate on and just wrap the support cables around the latch (essentially leaving the gate open at about a 45 degree angle).

Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
tampacamper
Senior User
Originally Posted by VAJeff
Thanks for the info, I am sure every inch counts and Ford does give us a little more.

You are hauling just like I am expecting too. I am planning on buying some 9 or 10 foot folding ramps to use. I would need to keep the ramps in the bed somehow while traveling though (if possible). My pass through storage on the trailer has a lot in it (although I may be able to shift a few things if the bed proves to be impossible).

To make the angle up to the bed, will a 9 or 10 foot ramp work?

From what I have read a lot of people are able to keep the gate on and just wrap the support cables around the latch (essentially leaving the gate open at about a 45 degree angle).
Mine are 10 ft fold in half aluminum. I take the gate off. My propane tanks will catch it LOL

Old 10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
VAJeff
Freshman User
Mine are 10 ft fold in half aluminum. I take the gate off. My propane tanks will catch it LOL
Good to know on the 10' ramps. I am leaning towards that length. Fortunately, my tanks are on the back of the tongue, and provide more clearance,

I use an Egual-I-Zer hitch, and they sell and extended shank that will give an additional 6 inches behind the truck as well. I may look into one of them. They say it does not cut down on capacity either.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I got these 11 foot ramps from LongATVRamps.com (now LongRamps.com). I needed the long ramps to get my ATV onto the top shelf on a storage rack I made. The ramps are super useful for loading from the ground to the back of the truck or spanning the distance from the trailer to the truck.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:15 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
The Line-X has a second step additive that prevents fading. I had it done on my truck and though the liner is only 4 months old, it survived one hot summer and looks brand new. If you get the additive, the Line-X includes a lifetime warranty against fading.
Yes they guarantee against "FADING" however - they dont guarantee against chemical spills like diesel fuel stains!!! It turns the entire area purple and they wont repair it under warranty.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:21 PM
VAJeff
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Sgt93
VAJeff, the Bedrug took about an hour tops to install. It was easy as can be.

Adobe, I may mess with the cover a bit more. The Bedrug will not mildew or anything but I understand the "standing water" science of it and I don't want it.
That is good to know about the Bedrug on installing. Looks to be a great product. When we eventually do get into an F350 I will be torn between the Bedrug, DualLiner and Line-X. All seem to have some strong points.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 AM
wiedsworld
Junior User
Bump, just to get my 25th post.