6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Centramatic Balancers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:34 PM
AZBaker
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centramatic Balancers

I have a truck on order and I'm considering adding Centramatic Balancers when I take delivery. I've not used them on previous vehicles and would like some feed back as to whether they work and if they are worth the money. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
<O</O
Ordered 8 Oct: 2011 F-250 Super Cab, 6.7L, FX4, Lariat, Dual Alts, 3.55 ELA, Nav
<O></O>
Driving: 06 F-250 Super Cab, 6.0L, FX4, Lariat, Dual Alts, 3.73 Great Truck! (115,000 Miles)

Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Centramatic primarily markets these to heavy duty trucks, I haven't heard these mentioned since left the trucking industry 6 months ago!

I've never heard of a driver who wasn't happy with them, they supposedly improve ride and tire life. This is more of an issue when a tire-and-wheel assembly weighs 2-400 lbs(single or dual) and a tire job costs thousands, but I can see definite benefits for pickup trucks.

I've never tried them myself, I was always a company driver. Go for it, it's a proven product.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 AM
AZBaker
Freshman User
I talked with Centramatic today and they are not sure if this balancer will fit the 2011. It will for previous years but they have heard that 2011 may have a different "Bolt Circle". Does anyone know if the "Bolt Circle" has changed and if it has, do you know what the measurement is?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:08 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know.. I use the ceramic beads inside the tire.. absolutely amazing..

Best $100 I ever spent (including install on 6 tires on a DRW).
All of my shake and bounce are gone.. (clearly a balance problem that no-one could fix with external weights).
http://www.innovativebalancing.com
Sam

Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
AZBaker
Freshman User
Thanks for the response. I did think about using the beads but thought about what will happen to them when I replace the tires. Centramatic quoted me $199.00 for a set of four...just the uncertainty if they will fit. If the bolt circle is different, they did said that they will make balancers that will fit the 2011...the hunt for information continues.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Superduty lug pattern has been the same for over 10 years, 2011 did not change this. As far as I know the backspacing is the same as it has been for the last 5 years as well.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sdetweil

All of my shake and bounce are gone.. (clearly a balance problem that no-one could fix with external weights).
Tire Balancing Products
Sam
That's it, damnit. You just spent $100 of my paycheck for me

Old 10-29-2010, 01:48 PM
AZBaker
Freshman User
Thanks for the info. It was the guy at Centramatic that said they may be different. I don't know. They have a 30 day return policy but since I'm probably at least the long away from my truck being delivered I didn't want to order a set to find out when the truck arrives that they don't fit. He did say that someone that knows what the term "bolt circle" means will know or be able to find the answer. I would think that I'm not the only person trying to put these on their truck so I reckon by the time my truck arrives Centramatic will know the answer. He did say they may try to locate a truck to get some measurements off of it. No worries.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
"bolt circle" == "lug pattern"

it's the spacing and number of lugs around the center of your wheel (or hub, depending on your point of reference)

Old 10-29-2010, 02:09 PM
AZBaker
Freshman User
The bolt circle is the circle determined by the positions of the bolts; the center of every bolt lies on the circumference of the bolt circle...so since the Super Duty has 8 lugs, the variable must be the circumference I would think. Thanks for your input.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Old 10-29-2010, 02:09 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by AZBaker
Thanks for the response. I did think about using the beads but thought about what will happen to them when I replace the tires. Centramatic quoted me $199.00 for a set of four...just the uncertainty if they will fit. If the bolt circle is different, they did said that they will make balancers that will fit the 2011...the hunt for information continues.
yes, you need to buy a couple extra bags.. but at $10 a bag its noise to me.

you can add them yourself it you are patient enough (I am not)..
jack up the car/truck, let the air out of the tire, pull the schraeder valve,
use the applicator to inject the beads thru the valve stem,
replace the valve with the new anti-clogging valve, air the tire back up..
even on amazon.com
Amazon.com: Dyna Beads Applicator w/Spout: Automotive: Reviews, Prices & more
Sam

Old 10-29-2010, 02:17 PM
AZBaker
Freshman User
I wonder if the bead would interfere with the TPMS? I might do the beads for my trailer tires.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:22 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

I have heard both yes and no. I don't have TPMS on my truck.

Dynabead says yes

Can I use your product with my Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

All TPMS sensors that thread onto the valve stem, such as the Pressure Pro, will require a valve stem that accepts our filtered valve core.

Note: If your wheels have a TPMS system that is an integral part of the valve stem, Dyna Beads will not cause any problems, but you must install the beads directly into the tire. (not with an Applicator)

Old 10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
AZBaker
Freshman User
I appreciate your help.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sdetweil

Tire Balancing Products
Sam
If the interior of the tire carcass isn't perfectly smooth (most truck and car tires are ribbed inside) the Dynabeads won't work right. BTW..these beads are only zirconium grinding media. You can buy large quantities for very cheap if you look a little bit.

Quick Reply: Centramatic Balancers