1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Finally Posting Some Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
harristotle
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Posting Some Pics

Finally posting some pics of my truck...

I've been a member of the Mustang community for about a year now, but am still quite new to the truck community. I'm used to passing people in other Mustangs and swapping the wave, but it was exciting for me to get that for the first time in the truck yesterday. Went out to grab some lunch with my roomie and got passed by 67-72 (I can't differentiate years yet, just generations) F-250 that was bright red and white, with a bed cap and towing a camper. If that was someone on this board you've got an absolutely beautiful truck!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
DarrellJ
Senior User
Nice looking truck. That's quite the stick shift!

Do you know what the colour (or better yet colour code) is?
I'm going to repaint mine either the silver blue from 66 Canso/Acadians, or the silver blue on early mustangs. I don't know the name of either colour to tell my body guy...
If you check my gallery, the colour I want is similar to what I've got, but in a 'stock' colour so I can get it touched up in the future...

darrell

Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
harristotle
New User
Originally Posted by DarrellJ
Nice looking truck. That's quite the stick shift!

Do you know what the colour (or better yet colour code) is?
I'm going to repaint mine either the silver blue from 66 Canso/Acadians, or the silver blue on early mustangs. I don't know the name of either colour to tell my body guy...
If you check my gallery, the colour I want is similar to what I've got, but in a 'stock' colour so I can get it touched up in the future...

darrell
Thanks! It's actually an auto with a Lokar, although I think I may swap a 4 speed into it down the road. I'm hoping to get an 8 ball for on top of the stick for now though

I don't know the color. I'm planning on ordering a Marti Report for it one of these days so I can get all the factory info. on it. When I get it repainted I'd like to keep it blue, I'm toying with guardsman blue or grabber blue... but paint is probably at least a year down the road for me.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 PM
DarrellJ
Senior User
I looked at a truck one time with a Lokar. I had forgotten how tall the shifter is.

As far as the colour goes, the vin tag will give away what colour the truck originally was. There are vin decoders out there, or if you post it up, someone here can (I have a linky if you like).
Before you do the marti report, you can get most of the build information straight from ford, although it does take a few weeks. pm me and I'll send you the info on how to go about it.

darrell