2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Found a surprise in my '17

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 06:50 AM
felix4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Found a surprise in my '17

So yesterday, even though it was rainy, I got to check out my truck in the daylight and mess around with the gadgets.

To my surprise I see some crumpled paper in the driver's door pocket. Here it is a receipt from the Kroger grocery store just down the road from KTP. The date on it is 11/09/16 at 6:48pm. The 9th just happens to be the day my truck was built. So did someone "test drive" my $70k truck by taking it to get some groceries or did they just throw their garbage in it? Either way it's not cool. Anybody else find a "surprise" in their truck?

Name:  Ford%20Receipt_zpsirqi2jbd.png
Views: 309
Size:  889.2 KB

Old 12-01-2016, 06:56 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
I think in a way its kind of cool. A little memento from KY. Most likely someone just dropped the receipt into the door pocket. I think the factory has pretty strict rules about "driving" the vehicles upon completion.

My truck was built back in September - completely clean. It had 4 miles on it when I took delivery.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:03 AM
felix4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine had 15.2 miles. My dealer filled the tank so I assume that is where the mileage came from, I'd have to ask.

I would guess they just threw their garbage in it and didn't drive it. For reference it is 1.8 miles from KTP to the Kroger's.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:08 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Its definitely kind of strange as to the location; I mean...it doesn't just fall out of your pocket! Years back we bought a 1995 Mercedes E320 which arrived at the dealer with a London parking garage ticket and a few British coins in the ash tray. We never figured out what a vehicle built in Germany for US export was doing in London as a "new" vehicle.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:12 AM
wizkid00104
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I use to work in Detroit (not at Ford), but they have a team that drives the brand new trucks from the factory to the rail loading facility a few miles away. I would assume something similar in Kentucky. Either they stopped on the way for food or the receipt fell out of a pocket.... or the guy or girl was just an *******.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:15 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! My truck had 2.2 miles when I picked it up. HOWEVER...in '88 my father purchased a new off the lot F-250 with the 351 Windsor...that was a sweet rig at the time, dang. Anyway, every time you closed the passenger door there was a small thud. After years of this little "after close thud" he peeled the door panel apart, there was a coke bottle on a string with a note that said "well, you finally found me". It was HILARIOUS!!!! He sealed it back up and left it for the next guy. LOL

It was like a signature from a guy or gal at the plant...too darn cool to be angry. The best part was, someone had to actually get a bottle in there, everything was aluminum cans by that point.

Don't sweat it, it's certainly nothing more than a receipt that got dropped in....but be on the lookout for errant coke bottles. LOL

Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Its definitely kind of strange as to the location; I mean...it doesn't just fall out of your pocket! Years back we bought a 1995 Mercedes E320 which arrived at the dealer with a London parking garage ticket and a few British coins in the ash tray. We never figured out what a vehicle built in Germany for US export was doing in London as a "new" vehicle.
Used by a spy?

Old 12-01-2016, 07:28 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Used by a spy?
Lol, yeah true James Bond vehicle - E320 wagon

Old 12-01-2016, 07:32 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by troverman
Lol, yeah true James Bond vehicle - E320 wagon

James Bond was a show off. The modern spy would choose to blend in. A wagon would be just the ticket for that! LOL...

Old 12-01-2016, 07:36 AM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Looks like he or she might have taken it home for the night.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Florit17
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
I think I would call the dealers PDI into question, they're the ones that missed it. What else did they miss?

Old 12-01-2016, 07:42 AM
The Ace of Spades
More Turbo
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by felix4
So yesterday, even though it was rainy, I got to check out my truck in the daylight and mess around with the gadgets.

To my surprise I see some crumpled paper in the driver's door pocket. Here it is a receipt from the Kroger grocery store just down the road from KTP. The date on it is 11/09/16 at 6:48pm. The 9th just happens to be the day my truck was built. So did someone "test drive" my $70k truck by taking it to get some groceries or did they just throw their garbage in it? Either way it's not cool. Anybody else find a "surprise" in their truck?

I also found a balled up piece of paper in my drivers side door pocket when I first got in it at the dealer lot. But I didn't open it. I was miffed that someone would throw trash in my new truck. I'm pretty sure it was one of the young dudes they have in the detail shop. It was probably a protective wrapper that they took off the truck somewhere.
yours is more interesting though.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:43 AM
System
Prolocutor
Look at it this way, now you can save $1.50 on two oven ready pizzas.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:56 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Florit17
I think I would call the dealers PDI into question, they're the ones that missed it. What else did they miss?
The PDI is a joke. My truck was delivered with the sliding door bin broken, a nasty scuff on the HVAC lower trim, rear tire pressures way too low, and a dirty, smeared windshield and dusty interior.

Its been similar for the last few trucks I've bought. They pretty much fill the tank up and aim the tire shine gun at the tires (and all over the rims and body) and you're good.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NStorm
Wow! My truck had 2.2 miles when I picked it up. HOWEVER...in '88 my father purchased a new off the lot F-250 with the 351 Windsor...that was a sweet rig at the time, dang. Anyway, every time you closed the passenger door there was a small thud. After years of this little "after close thud" he peeled the door panel apart, there was a coke bottle on a string with a note that said "well, you finally found me". It was HILARIOUS!!!! He sealed it back up and left it for the next guy. LOL

It was like a signature from a guy or gal at the plant...too darn cool to be angry. The best part was, someone had to actually get a bottle in there, everything was aluminum cans by that point.

Don't sweat it, it's certainly nothing more than a receipt that got dropped in....but be on the lookout for errant coke bottles. LOL
Several years ago the union contracts were not as many of the rank and file had hoped for. That year the main contract was negotiated by GM and the workers at Cadillac started putting marbles and ball bearings in the doors of the Cadillacs, not all but enough to create a customer nightmare. Eventually the bearings were found but not before Cadillac had spent tens of thousands of dollars searching cars brought back in for errant noises and disappointed a large portion of their customer base. The expression "bite the hand that feeds you" must be a part of the union play book.

Quick Reply: Found a surprise in my '17