2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Any word from Peragon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Any word from Peragon?

Hi guys! Just wondering if any of you have received any word from Peragon about their bed cover for the 2017. I emailed them about a month ago, and they said they would be working on it as soon as the trucks started hitting the truck lots. A quick forum search didn't result in a good response, so I wanted to poll the crowd. With my truck delivery about a month away, it would be nice to have it sitting in my garage waiting for the install.

I know there are a multitude of opinions on which cover is better, but I sure do like the way you can quickly remove it, and it folds up into the truck bed without blocking the CHMSL camera. (As the other thread about truck beds mentioned) I saw pictures of the BAKFLIP installed, but does anyone have any other photos of installed bed covers for the 2017? Thanks for the insight!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spoojr
Hi guys! Just wondering if any of you have received any word from Peragon about their bed cover for the 2017. I emailed them about a month ago, and they said they would be working on it as soon as the trucks started hitting the truck lots. A quick forum search didn't result in a good response, so I wanted to poll the crowd. With my truck delivery about a month away, it would be nice to have it sitting in my garage waiting for the install.
Thank you for keeping a Peragon truck bed cover on your short list! We have a measuring / test fit session scheduled for Wednesday this week (October 5th) on a 2017 Super Duty with the 8' long bed. We're still looking for a short bed 2017 to check out. Here in the North Woods of Wisconsin it takes a while for the new trucks to arrive on local dealer lots.

Please feel free to ping me for updates on this thread periodically.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, I must say it is quite amazing to get a response right from the horse's mouth!

It's great to hear you are making progress. I personally will be taking delivery of a short bed, but I'm happy to see things moving forward.

I just might take you up on this offer; maybe every month or so, so I don't seem obnoxious. Good luck with the measurements, and I hope it isn't too much work so we can have the cover completed soon. It has pretty much everything I'm looking for in a good cover, and this money is burning a hole in my pocket!

Old 10-02-2016, 10:06 PM
allis4ever
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
Thank you for keeping a Peragon truck bed cover on your short list! We have a measuring / test fit session scheduled for Wednesday this week (October 5th) on a 2017 Super Duty with the 8' long bed. We're still looking for a short bed 2017 to check out. Here in the North Woods of Wisconsin it takes a while for the new trucks to arrive on local dealer lots.

Any plans for a toolbox model???

Hate that so many companies forget we use these trucks as work tools, and have toolboxes in them. Makes it hard to get a nice cover for them. Rant over LOL.

let me know, i do not see it available on your website.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:19 AM
TrikeDawg
Tuned
I'm anxiously waiting for the short bed Peragon cover also.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:10 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good to hear.. I'm currently planning on going with a Peragon for my long bed.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:34 PM
allis4ever
New User
any toolbox model of this cover available????

didn't see one on their webpage, custom build???

Old 10-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by allis4ever
any toolbox model of this cover available????

didn't see one on their webpage, custom build???
Thank you for your interest! We don't offer a toolbox model or do custom designs, there are just too many variables with the sizes and shapes of toolboxes on the market.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:42 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Part of the reason I'm leaning toward the Peragon cover at this point is I currently have a full width toolbox, and it's too much of a pain to remove when I need full usage of the bed. So I'm going to move to some heavy duty totes held in place with load bars.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:00 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,231 Likes on 808 Posts
Just a little shout out for Heath and his amazing product. He came to my house in 2011 here in Va all the way from his home to help me do an install on my F-150. The cover has been quite amazing but more importantly, I made one hell of a friend that day.

Heath will stand behind his product. After four years, my front seal failed. His customer service folks sent me a front seal cover for free and an LED water proof bed light that can serve as light for the bed or an emergency strobe light if one were to get stranded.

This amazing American made cover will complete your truck.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Mayberry
Senior User
Originally Posted by Xwild
Part of the reason I'm leaning toward the Peragon cover at this point is I currently have a full width toolbox, and it's too much of a pain to remove when I need full usage of the bed. So I'm going to move to some heavy duty totes held in place with load bars.
Trying to figure out the same thing. I have been using a full crossover box for years. I really think I would like a bedcover for the new 250,... but I have to have a tool box.
I really like the Peragon, but not sure how the accordion fold and frame will work with a bed like box that I could move in and out?

Looked at some UWS trunk boxes... just not sure.
Anyone have a suggestion of a good box that would work with this or any cover?
Will the paragon fold up behind it if I pulled the box away from the font of the bed a little?

Great endorsement of the manufacterer above! It is nice to want to spend your money with good people and Made in the USA!

Old 10-04-2016, 09:03 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
Thank you for your interest! We don't offer a toolbox model or do custom designs, there are just too many variables with the sizes and shapes of toolboxes on the market.
Is there a weight rating on your Bed covers?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:09 PM
gascan
Laughing Gas
Received 104 Likes on 36 Posts
I would like to see some close up photos of the cover when folded from a couple of different angles.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Xwild
Elder User
If you need an over the rail box, maybe find one that is the right size (or tweak it such that it is) to turn your long-box into a short-box and buy the peragon for a short-box?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by tseekins
Just a little shout out for Heath and his amazing product.
Thank you, Tim! Your thumbs up and friendship is much appreciated!

Originally Posted by PwerStroke99
Is there a weight rating on your Bed covers?
For a concentrated load like a toolbox or cooler we recommend 50 pounds max. For a distributed load like snow we recommend 300 pounds max. In the event of deep snow, it should be mostly cleaned off before driving - bouncing weight is very different than static weight! Our cover is not designed to support a load while driving.

Originally Posted by gascan
I would like to see some close up photos of the cover when folded from a couple of different angles.
If you haven't already, the best way to see the cover up close and from many angles is to spend some time on our Videos page.

Quick Reply: Any word from Peragon?