2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Any word from Peragon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mayberry
I really like the Peragon, but not sure how the accordion fold and frame will work with a bed like box that I could move in and out?

Looked at some UWS trunk boxes... just not sure.
Anyone have a suggestion of a good box that would work with this or any cover?
Will the paragon fold up behind it if I pulled the box away from the font of the bed a little?
Depending on the height of the storage box, it would need to be back from the front of the bed about 18"+ to allow clearance for our cover to fold down. I don't carry a lot of heavy tools, mostly boating/camping/hiking/family odds and ends that work beautifully stored in Rubbermaid-style totes. I chose a tote style that was the tallest I could fit under my Peragon cover. I keep those totes by the tailgate for quick access. By using a couple totes that aren't heavy, it makes it easy to take them out or move them around as I need to do different things with my truck bed. Since the Peragon cover has a key lock, the in-bed storage solution didn't need to be secure for my needs.

I hope that helps!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:14 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,247 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by gascan
I would like to see some close up photos of the cover when folded from a couple of different angles.
Here's a few pics, hope it helps. When I moved my daughter back and forth from college all four years, we were able to lad all her stuff into totes, stack them and slide them where we wanted them and never had to remove or open the cover. Great security.

Attached Images           
Old 10-05-2016, 06:09 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One question - is there a strap or something to keep it secured in the full open position?

Old 10-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Canwan
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been a Retrax dealer since Gen 1. However the last few years I don't like the direction the company has gone. The Polycarbonate isn't holding up and the pro models are just too expensive for the average person. However I have struggled to find a cover that could replace the Retrax in the function and looks dept. I think this has some serious potential. Has anyone in here went from a Retrax to a Peragon? Do you find it user friendly? The Retrax is hard to beat for how easy it is to open and close. Living in Canada it is going to be hard to see one in person before ordering. At least I have a few months to figure it out until my truck is here.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:28 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,247 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by Xwild
One question - is there a strap or something to keep it secured in the full open position?
The strap thats used to pull it shut can be wrapped around the cover in it's open position to hold it in place. Place a little foam between the panels when fully open to avoid any scratching.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:02 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Canwan
(...)Has anyone in here went from a Retrax to a Peragon? Do you find it user friendly? The Retrax is hard to beat for how easy it is to open and close. Living in Canada it is going to be hard to see one in person before ordering. At least I have a few months to figure it out until my truck is here.
Canwan - Thank you for considering a Peragon cover for your next truck! If you're open to it, I'd value the opportunity to talk to you for your market insight. If you drop an email with your contact info to our sales at peragon dot com address, we could connect that way. Please note in the email "Attn: Heath" along with the name of this forum and your username, our team will pass it along to me.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Peragon
We have a measuring / test fit session scheduled for Wednesday this week (October 5th) on a 2017 Super Duty with the 8' long bed.
Originally Posted by Spoojr
(...)Good luck with the measurements, and I hope it isn't too much work so we can have the cover completed soon. It has pretty much everything I'm looking for in a good cover, and this money is burning a hole in my pocket!
Just an update on our progress...we successfully installed a beta test Peragon cover on a 2017 Super Duty with the 8' long bed! It turned out very nicely, but there are a few tweaks we'll make before full launch. Things tend to take longer than I expect, but I'm estimating 3-4 weeks to begin taking orders for the 8' long bed. I hope to have news on the short bed version soon. In the meantime, here are some photos of the 2017 from yesterday, a perfect fall day in Wisconsin...

Old 10-07-2016, 06:14 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Looks great. 3-4 weeks will definitely meet my needs since I have yet to have a build date for my truck.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Canwan
Junior User
Canwan - Thank you for considering a Peragon cover for your next truck! If you're open to it, I'd value the opportunity to talk to you for your market insight. If you drop an email with your contact info to our sales at peragon dot com address, we could connect that way. Please note in the email "Attn: Heath" along with the name of this forum and your username, our team will pass it along to me.
Sure thing, I'll drop you an email next week. I am out of town for a few days.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:17 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just an update on our progress...we successfully installed a beta test Peragon cover on a 2017 Super Duty with the 8' long bed! It turned out very nicely, but there are a few tweaks we'll make before full launch. Things tend to take longer than I expect, but I'm estimating 3-4 weeks to begin taking orders for the 8' long bed. I hope to have news on the short bed version soon. In the meantime, here are some photos of the 2017 from yesterday, a perfect fall day in Wisconsin...
Mornin! I'm looking more and more at your set up. I too have a Retrax Pro MX, and had planned on another, but your system looks pretty slick. I would need a short bed version for the truck in my signature (which I should have in the next couple of weeks). Thinking before year end for a solution? Thanks!

Old 10-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by NStorm
Thinking before year end for a solution? Thanks!
Definitely! Thank you for considering a Peragon truck bed cover for that sweet new truck!

Old 10-07-2016, 08:39 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely! Thank you for considering a Peragon truck bed cover for that sweet new truck!
Great, thanks for the update, and for being a part of the forum!

Old 10-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Just an update on our progress...we successfully installed a beta test Peragon cover on a 2017 Super Duty with the 8' long bed! ....
That looks great Heath. I look forward to you guys getting your hands a short bed now. I am definitely going with a Peragon cover! Thanks for the hard work!

Old 10-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Since you guys have installed at least a beta version on the longbed - did you happen to measure what the inside clearance is? I need to start looking for storage totes.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:32 AM
Canwan
Junior User
I have a few questions about this cover. If you open it to tow with a fifth wheel for example, do you need to do anything special or can it just sit there and not get damaged?

I assume it needs to be either open fully or closed fully, correct?

Quick Reply: Any word from Peragon?