2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Any word from Peragon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Mayberry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume this may have been worked out with the new F 150 bed design, but is there any concern with drilling/fastening with the aluminum bed?

Old 10-18-2016, 11:33 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
What an awesome cover! It went to one I've never heard of before today to my number one choice! Plus I can get it painted to match my lower two tone Magnetic. Talk about a real two tone truck! I'm sold...

Old 10-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to have bumped the thread to the top for you to see Rodney.... I've never heard of them before one of the threads on this forum, and haven't even bought one yet myself.. but already told my dad I'd recommend one for his new F150..

Old 10-18-2016, 04:49 PM
System
Prolocutor
Yes, thanks much Ted! They are the best of all worlds for me. I currently use an Extang Trifecta. I love that I can take it out completely and use 100% of my bed in about 45 seconds. However, it's one downfall being a tri-fold is that I can't keep it on when towing my 5ver. So, I have to leave it home and I'd like my bed and hitch covered when on RV trips. So, I was considering either the Bakflip G2 or the Fold-A-Cover. I like them both but was leaning Fold-A-Cover as it set higher and didn't require drain tubes and can be opened from the front or the back. However, I couldn't take it out when wanting to use the whole bed. So, I was back and fourth between the FAC and another Trifecta (both were a compromise) when I saw this thread and said..... wait a minute! I can have both? A folding cover that can stay on while towing the 5ver but still be completely removed when I want? And it can be custom painted to match my truck? I'm all in!! Anyways, thanks for bumping the thread for sure Ted. I owe you a beer...

Now to get Heath hot on the short bed version...

Old 10-18-2016, 04:53 PM
invstr55
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pictures of BakFlip, tool/fuel box and 5th hitch

Old 10-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xwild
Since you guys have installed at least a beta version on the longbed - did you happen to measure what the inside clearance is? I need to start looking for storage totes.
We should have measured that, but didn't! We emailed the Beta customer today to ask. He's traveling (in a different vehicle) until next week, but when he has a chance he'll get that dimension to us and I'll post back. If the totes are 1" below the top of the bed that will be enough clearance. So if anyone else knows the total bed depth that could be another way to determine max tote height.

Originally Posted by Canwan
I have a few questions about this cover. If you open it to tow with a fifth wheel for example, do you need to do anything special or can it just sit there and not get damaged?

I assume it needs to be either open fully or closed fully, correct?
When the Peragon cover is retracted the pull strap doubles as a way to secure the cover for travel. The short answer is that our cover is just fully open or fully closed. There is a way to have it partially open (two panels folded and four over the bed or four folded and two over the bed), but it isn't convenient to do, so we don't promote it as a feature. It involves reaching under the cover to support the panel joint that would otherwise fold down until that joint passes a notched area in the rail. A bit hard to explain!

Originally Posted by Mayberry
I assume this may have been worked out with the new F 150 bed design, but is there any concern with drilling/fastening with the aluminum bed?
Good question! Based on our research and experience with our own aluminum product, there is no concern with the aluminum bed. In order for corrosion to be an issue, an electrolyte (salt water) needs to be present. Our drilled holes are through the inside lip of the bed and are well protected from the elements. The plastic bed rail caps on the Fords also help isolate our hardware from the aluminum bed.

Originally Posted by Xwild
Glad to have bumped the thread to the top for you to see Rodney.... I've never heard of them before one of the threads on this forum, and haven't even bought one yet myself.. but already told my dad I'd recommend one for his new F150..
Thank you for spreading the word, much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
(...) I can have both? A folding cover that can stay on while towing the 5ver but still be completely removed when I want? And it can be custom painted to match my truck? I'm all in!! Anyways, thanks for bumping the thread for sure Ted. I owe you a beer...

Now to get Heath hot on the short bed version...
I'm on it! I have the midnight oil right here...now to locate the engineering team...

Old 10-18-2016, 08:23 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Peragon

I'm on it! I have the midnight oil right here...now to locate the engineering team...
Have a bit of it myself "burning" right now...LOL...

Old 10-19-2016, 05:55 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Thanks for the feedback Heath. I'm sure I can dig up bedrail height in one of Josh's posts. I think he's measured everything on these trucks at least 2x.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:43 AM
System
Prolocutor
Bedrail height is 39".

Old 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Peragon, I emailed your support team after watching a video on an F-150 where they installed the cover without drilling. Apparently, it was a kit that is offered for the F-150 only. (And was told it wasn't offered on the SD) Any chance you could offer that for the F-250 also? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really don't want to drill a hole in the bed of my $75,000 truck right after buying it. It would be really hard for me to do that.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Thanks Rodney..

Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Spoojr
Peragon, I emailed your support team after watching a video on an F-150 where they installed the cover without drilling. Apparently, it was a kit that is offered for the F-150 only. (And was told it wasn't offered on the SD) Any chance you could offer that for the F-250 also? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really don't want to drill a hole in the bed of my $75,000 truck right after buying it. It would be really hard for me to do that.
Step away from the $75,000 truck and put down the drill! Good news! Thanks to the new square / parallel inside bed dimensions on the 2017 Super Duty, a Clamp Kit we have on hand should fit beautifully.

I say "should" because dimensionally everything looks good, but we haven't physically tried it yet. We'll likely ask the first 2017 orders who request the Clamp Kit if they are willing to Beta Test for us. Their feedback will help us tweak for perfection before full launch.

The Clamp Kit is a $29 option and can be requested when you order by phone or in your order comments for online orders.

(We will eventually launch a Clamp Kit for the 2016 and prior Super Duty, but for now this just applies to the 2017.)

We're making good progress on the 2017 models - both short bed and long bed. I'm expecting we'll be able to accept orders in the next 1-2 weeks and be shipping by mid to late November.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
Step away from the $75,000 truck and put down the drill! Good news! Thanks to the new square / parallel inside bed dimensions on the 2017 Super Duty, a Clamp Kit we have on hand should fit beautifully. I say "should" because dimensionally everything looks good, but we haven't physically tried it yet. We'll likely ask the first 2017 orders who request the Clamp Kit if they are willing to Beta Test for us. Their feedback will help us tweak for perfection before full launch. The Clamp Kit is a $29 option and can be requested when you order by phone or in your order comments for online orders. (We will eventually launch a Clamp Kit for the 2016 and prior Super Duty, but for now this just applies to the 2017.) We're making good progress on the 2017 models - both short bed and long bed. I'm expecting we'll be able to accept orders in the next 1-2 weeks and be shipping by mid to late November.
That's great news! What is the turn around time for color match covers? From order to delivery? Also, do you just use the ford paint codes? Thanks!

Old 10-20-2016, 07:03 AM
System
Prolocutor
More good news. Thanks Heath. Sounds like things will be sorted by the time I'm ready to order. One question. When a buyer gets their cover painted, how does that hold up when the cover is open? In all the videos I've watched, as the cover drops and folds up front, the panels seem to slam into each other. I assume there is a space between them so that the fancy custom paint I want doesn't get beat up?

Old 10-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by NStorm
That's great news! What is the turn around time for color match covers? From order to delivery? Also, do you just use the ford paint codes? Thanks!
Our Paint Match finish normally requires 2 weeks from order to shipment - plus 3-4 business days for delivery to the lower 48. When we launch this new model for the 2017 Super Duty, the Paint Match option may take a bit longer to ship, closer to 3 weeks. We have some flexibility, so if anyone has a trip deadline, you're welcome to check and we may be able to accommodate that. You bet, when you place an order you just provide your Ford paint code and paint name, like "UG - White Platinum Pearl."

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
More good news. Thanks Heath. Sounds like things will be sorted by the time I'm ready to order. One question. When a buyer gets their cover painted, how does that hold up when the cover is open? In all the videos I've watched, as the cover drops and folds up front, the panels seem to slam into each other. I assume there is a space between them so that the fancy custom paint I want doesn't get beat up?
Correct! We have 1/4" rubber bumpers on the ends of the panels (concealed by the guide rails) that keep the panels from touching when folded open. So no worries with scuffing the finish. That 1/4" gap also helps in the winter so a little ice or snow on the cover doesn't affect opening.

One caveat though, it is important if traveling with the cover folded open to ensure cargo does not push on the folded panels. If cargo is putting pressure on the folded panels, it could flex them enough to close that 1/4" gap so the painted surfaces do begin chafing.

Quick Reply: Any word from Peragon?