Conversation Between mueckster and crx
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. mueckster
    01-31-2015 09:02 AM - permalink
    I have since purchased/built more tools to do a thorough rebuild. I found the ATSG manual to be lacking in a lot of information that is key to "doing it right". I can help guide you through some of that. I do not find it fun to have "do overs". Some areas may require inspection and additional parts. Ordering/waiting on extra parts lengthened the time required to do the build, but were necessary. Fabricating all the tools I built/scrounged up was a long process that took probably more time than doing the build itself. I did enjoy the "fruits of my labor" though. There just too much information that I can't give you all of it here. Give me a synopsis of what you are expecting to achieve form this rebuild and I will try to help with suggestions to accomplish your goals. I have a few that I consider "must haves". Looking forward to talking with you more. Are you on Facebook? It may be easier to chat there and I can sent you pics/info through its messenger.
  2. crx
    01-30-2015 10:34 PM - permalink
    crx
    Hi Mueckster,

I'm about to tear into my 4R100 to freshen it up a bit. I noticed from the following thread, that you've fabricated a couple of tools and I wonder if you'd be willing to share some measurements. I'd like to make a copy of your tools for this project. (or borrow or rent yours -- I see you're in Houston. My van is in San Antonio)

Van: 2003 E-350 Extended Cargo PSD 7.3. We joke that I traded a Honda S-2000 for the E-350 -- one two-seater for another. (We really did)

This is the thread where you mentioned the tools:
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...lp-please.html

I'm thumbing through the ATSG 4R100 service manual now, and I see it's going to be quite a job. I think I'll take this slow. Thanks for all you're doing on ford Truck Enthusiasts! I look forward to hearing from you.