Sponsored by: Moser

Awesome product for cleaning leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 PM
ski-doo550f
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome product for cleaning leather

I have found a great product for cleaning leather.

Use Westleys Bleach White. It literally makes the leather look like you just bought the truck.

I usually spray the westleys on the leather, then take a brush and scrub it a little bit, then just wipe off.

The only thing that makes it a pain, is that it leaves the seats sticky, so i usually take some soap and water after i use the westleys and wipe the seat one more time.

It may be a little more work, but i have never seen a product clean the leather so good.

Also, Westleys is great for cleaning a lot of things in general

GIVE IT A TRY

You can get it just about everywhere.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Power Kid
Elder User
Shameless plug.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:06 PM
rlh68050
Posting Guru
Why would you put bleach on leather??? I'm sure it cleans but you are harming the hides. I use baby wipes and have been for years. Get the ones with Aloe they work great. If you need to clean use Lexol Leather Care Including Vinylex and Kozak Products

Old 08-28-2010, 07:38 AM
pig9r
Senior User
Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
What a d-bag. That stuff is for cleaning white walls.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joins in Nov 2007 and this is his first post?

Must work for an aftermarket leather seat cover manufacturer.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:11 PM
ski-doo550f
New User
i am not a salesman

i dont know why u guys can just judge me, because i have joined just a few years ago and this is my first thread. Everyone has had a first thread.

And i am serious that it does clean. I love how you guys judge things before even trying them. Just try it in a hidden spot.

If you did try it, post back and let me know about your results.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:15 PM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
I'm sure it cleans very well. Why not use 10% sodium hypochlorite?

And just for grins, what does your owner's manual say about cleaning your leather seats?

Old 08-28-2010, 06:42 PM
ski-doo550f
New User
i actually dont know what the owners manual says about cleaning the leather.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:54 PM
rlh68050
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ski-doo550f
i actually dont know what the owners manual says about cleaning the leather.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume that you are not a troll. But I can tell you that you should stop using Bleach White on your leather interior. The bleach will dry out the leather. Please use products that are intended for leather like Lexol Leather Care Including Vinylex and Kozak Products or like I mentioned in my early post, baby wipes with aloe.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 PM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
LEATHER SEATS
(IF EQUIPPED, EXCEPT FOR THE KING RANCH SUPERCREW)
Your leather seating surfaces have a clear, protective coating over the leather. For King Ranch SuperCrew leather seats, refer to separate section in this chapter.

• For routine cleaning, wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth. For more thorough cleaning, wipe the surface with a mild soap and water solution. In Canada, use Motorcraft Vinyl Cleaner (CXC-93). Dry the area with a soft cloth.
• If the leather cannot be completely cleaned using a mild soap and water solution, the leather may be cleaned using a commercially available cleaning product designed for automotive interiors.
Do not use household cleaning products, alcohol solutions, solvents or cleaners intended for rubber, vinyl and plastics, or oil/petroleum-based leather conditioners. These products may cause premature wearing of the clear, protective coating.

Note: In some instances, color or dye transfer can occur when wet clothing comes in contact with leather upholstery. If this occurs, the leather should be cleaned immediately to avoid permanent staining.

Leather seats for the King Ranch SuperCrew only (if equipped)
Your vehicle is equipped with seating covered in premium, top-grain leather which is extremely durable, but still requires special care and maintenance in order to ensure longevity and comfort.

Regular cleaning and conditioning will maintain the appearance of the leather. Failure to care for the leather can result in drying out and fading of the material.
Note: In some instances, color or dye transfer can occur when wet clothing comes in contact with leather upholstery. If this occurs, the leather should be cleaned immediately to avoid permanent staining.

Cleaning
For dirt, use a vacuum cleaner then use a clean, damp cloth or soft brush.
For routine cleaning, wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth. For more thorough cleaning, wipe the surface with a mild soap. If the leather cannot be completely cleaned using a mild soap and water solution, the leather may be cleaned using a commercially available cleaning product “Tanners Preserve Leather Cleaner” and a 3M “Type T” scrubbing pad.
• Clean spills as quickly as possible.
• Test any cleaner or stain remover on an inconspicuous part of the
leather as cleaners may darken the leather. For more specific cleaning information, contact the King Ranch Saddle Shop at 1–800–282–KING (5464).
• Do not spill coffee, ketchup, mustard, orange juice or oil-based products on the leather as they may permanently stain the leather.
• Do not use household cleaning products, alcohol solutions, solvents or cleaners intended for rubber, vinyl or plastics.

Scratches
Natural Markings - Because the leather in the seat comes from genuine steer hides, there will be evidence of naturally occurring markings, such as small scars. These markings give character to the seating covers and should be considered as proof of a genuine leather product.
In order to lessen the appearance of certain scratches and other wear marks, apply conditioner on the affected area following the same instructions as in the Conditioning section.

Conditioning
Bottles of King Ranch Leather Conditioner are available at the King Ranch Saddle Shop. Visit the Web site at King Ranch Saddle Shop, or telephone (in the United States) 1–800–282–KING (5464). If you are unable to obtain King Ranch Leather Conditioner, use another premium leather conditioner.
• Apply your first conditioning treatment within six months of taking delivery of your vehicle. Condition twice yearly in order to replenish lost oils and revitalize the aroma, suppleness and resilience of the leather.
• Clean the surfaces using the steps outlined in the Cleaning section.
• Ensure the leather is dry then apply a nickel-sized amount of conditioner to a clean, dry cloth
• Rub the conditioner into leather until it disappears. Allow the conditioner to dry and repeat the process for the entire interior. If a film appears, wipe off film with a dry, clean cloth.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 AM
DISchkTRK
New User
thnks shogunz, the word BLEACH really thru me off.