What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Captn B
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
[/ATTACH]

Put her on a boat and take her to the Exumas that will change her mind..
Takes me about 12 hours from our coast at 24 knots or about 1200 gallons of diesel... Our favorite spots start at 45 miles south of Nassau thru about 80 miles. Look it up you will not be disappointed here's a quick look...
Attachment 108439
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
I've posted somewhere in here before, it's my previous boat in that pic. I'm between boats now, and NO to the happiest day saying! For me it's the happiest day of a boat owner is when you sell your yacht and buy one at least 30 ft bigger!
Attachment 108443
By the way that chair is on the hillside not on my flybridge
Someday. We have been down into the carib and Virgin Islands a few times but I still haven't been able to talk her into it yet. Working on it...

In the meantime, keep posting pics so I can live vicariously though you for now, lol.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:00 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Sounds like you guys need transmission jacks!

Old 10-28-2014, 09:05 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by JaySVX
Haha, no I get that. I meant the surface in the front where it couples to the transmission. His is smooth, but mine has indents.
His has the gasket stuck to it yet.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:17 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Bullet proofed my V10 today..... changed the oil. Normally about time to put it in the garage for the winter, but I have a road trip coming up soon.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:05 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Why would i hook the ratchet strap to the rear axle? that would not have supported the rear of the t-case like i needed. Doing it this way all i had to do was pull it back from the transmission and slowly lower the jack and it worked perfect.

The gasket stayed stuck to the t-case thats why the end of the tranny looks so good.

I'm happy to report putting the t-case and front axle from my wrecked 2000 in my friends silver 2004 in the pictures has gone 40,000 miles since then without issue.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:34 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The weekend winter prep to do list...

Oil/Filter and Air filter change
Tire Rotation
Plug torque check
Address that mouse squeak telling me to check my brake pads
Lube up about 17 zerks
Undercoat with some fresh fluid film
A hand waxing for her exterior
If I'm not too sore going to do the door seal mod - got the supplies months ago but haven't gotten around to it yet. Might even dig in and see about that slow window motor on my drivers door - it gets even slower when it's cold so probably better address that now as well.

Anyone know the tire rotation order off the top their heads?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:11 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Ugh, need help. Driving the EX home from the shop last night, something in the cooling system let go, not sure what yet, it was late and when I finally got home, it was just steam everywhere. Anyway, there was squealing now and then and in the course of about 10 miles, it emptied the radiator. Didnt overheat. I knew I had a slight drip from the lower rigid pipe o-ring but this didnt seem to be coming from there.

So, if I have to replace the water pump, may anyway, what should I use? I've heard of people using something different than stock.

At least now I can finish hooking up my coolant filter.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by sammie0126
The weekend winter prep to do list...

Oil/Filter and Air filter change
Tire Rotation
Plug torque check
Address that mouse squeak telling me to check my brake pads
Lube up about 17 zerks
Undercoat with some fresh fluid film
A hand waxing for her exterior
If I'm not too sore going to do the door seal mod - got the supplies months ago but haven't gotten around to it yet. Might even dig in and see about that slow window motor on my drivers door - it gets even slower when it's cold so probably better address that now as well.

Anyone know the tire rotation order off the top their heads?
Cross to the drive wheels, and the drive wheel tire goes straight forward (or back if FWD). Just have to remember the "cross to the drive wheels" part and it always works out.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
Ugh, need help. Driving the EX home from the shop last night, something in the cooling system let go, not sure what yet, it was late and when I finally got home, it was just steam everywhere. Anyway, there was squealing now and then and in the course of about 10 miles, it emptied the radiator. Didnt overheat. I knew I had a slight drip from the lower rigid pipe o-ring but this didnt seem to be coming from there.

So, if I have to replace the water pump, may anyway, what should I use? I've heard of people using something different than stock.

While I haven't changed my water pump yet I have heard good things about the BPD pump and the Sinister pump.

What I would recommend that is that you make sure to closely inspect the water pump pocket in the engine front cover. I have read more than one account of the engine front cover having cavitation markings and porosity in the water pump area.

I would think that when you already have the front of the engine accessible to replace the water pump, it would be the best time to replace the engine front cover as well, if needed.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:13 AM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone here done their rear hub/bearings recently?
I need to get a full parts list of what's needed.
I've got just over 200k/miles on mine and I don't think they've ever been touched.
So I just want to get them completely redone before winter.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by AzPatMan
Has anyone here done their rear hub/bearings recently?
I need to get a full parts list of what's needed.
I've got just over 200k/miles on mine and I don't think they've ever been touched.
So I just want to get them completely redone before winter.
There is a nice writeup in the tech folder.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Splash67
While I haven't changed my water pump yet I have heard good things about the BPD pump and the Sinister pump.
PSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!

He has a 7.3

Originally Posted by carbon coupe

You can either use the T444E waterpump from Dieselsite seen here: http://www.dieselsite.com/1996-2003f...terpump-1.aspx

Or you can do what us "normie's" do and just get a pump from either O'reilly or the dealer and call it a day. I made sure and used a somewhat generous amount of RTV on the seal and thermostat housing so leaks were not a problem.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:10 AM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
There is a nice writeup in the tech folder.

I'm not seeing a 'tech' folder, and the site search isn't helping very much.
Do you have a link to the thread?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPatMan
I'm not seeing a 'tech' folder, and the site search isn't helping very much. Do you have a link to the thread?
Go to the sticky's at the top of the Excursion forum, it's in there titled Excursion Forum Tech Folder. I'm on the phone app and I don't know how to link with this stupid thing.

edit**, found how to link : https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ch-folder.html

Also, found this in the 7.3 forum... May be of some help. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ake-shoes.html

Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
PSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!

He has a 7.3
Whoops...missed that...

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?