Notices

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
trukgrl
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bed liners

So, what do ya'll think of spray in bed-liners and who is the best. . . Lookin into Line-X but what about Rhino? Just lookin for opinions from more experienced truck owners, only on my first.

Factory plastic stinks. . . figured that out a LOOOOOOOONG time ago

Old 09-03-2003, 03:08 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
bed liners

I've heard great things about the LineX stuff, but I've also heard it's hella expensive.

Pep boys sells a self-applied roll on liner that I've actually heard good things about. May be worth looking into.

XXL

Old 09-03-2003, 03:11 PM
trukgrl
Freshman User
bed liners

yeah, i called the nearest Line-x. . . wasn't too bad, they told me that it would be approximately 385 for the bedliner but that since my truck is over 10 yrs. old, i'd have to have it sandblasted first to get their warranty, and if that's the case, i'll just wait till after i have it painted and have the guys who paint it leave the bed alone just sandblast it and that's it. Lord knows what line-x wants for sandblasting.

I peeked under the plastic bedliner and i could cry it's so bad. not a whole lot of rust but the paint is sanded down pretty bad from the rubbing, not to mention all the dried mud that's caught under it from the previous owner. No more mud, not for me.

Last edited by trukgrl; 09-03-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:04 PM
cow_boy104
Senior User
bed liners

Line-x is more textured, smooth looking.

Rhino is more of a bumpy texture. A buddy of mine has Rhino on his 96 GMC, he beats the crap out of the bed, and not nicks or anything.

I've seen line-x sprayed on thicker of the spray ons, and I can scratch it or anything. I would recomend line-x. Like I was told awhile back, when your in big parking lots, look around, you'll see spray-ons. Take a look, and then decide.

Old 09-03-2003, 05:38 PM
trukgrl
Freshman User
bed liners

well, i've seen both really and you're right, line-x is much smoother, looks more well finished i suppose. . . thanks for the input. This being my first truck, i'm kinda protective. . . wanna make sure everything gets done properly so i figured i'd seek out the opinions of other truck owners. People around where i live get kinda hyper if they catch ya looking at their cars. . . think you're always out to take something.

Old 09-03-2003, 10:26 PM
cjcathey2002
Elder User
bed liners

try looking into this new company called sprayliner. i think their website is sprayliner.com i just had my truck done there, i will put the pictures up soon. it is way better looking than rhino and line-x in my opinion. the guy that did my truck said the person who started the company was one of the original owners of rhino but left there and improved the formula and made it cheaper. for my whole bed and over the rails it was 380 including tax. less than half of what rhino and lineX quoted me and only a little bit more than doing it yourself with a lot better results and a warrentee. i will try to put my pictures up soon. the company is 6 years old, and i saw one of the original trucks that was sprayed when the comany started and man it takes a beating and still looks good. i just had it done last saturday and man i cant say enough good stuff about it. good luck with which ever product you choose.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:11 PM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
bed liners

That Herculiner stuff fades.....as well as Rhino. I think that Line-X is the best stuff out there.

Old 09-04-2003, 08:06 PM
AegisSailor
Elder User
bed liners

For cryin' out loud. This exact question is only half a page down!

Old 09-04-2003, 08:40 PM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
bed liners

Then why respond?

Old 09-04-2003, 09:05 PM
AegisSailor
Elder User
bed liners

Venting

Old 09-04-2003, 10:14 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
bed liners

Originally posted by AegisSailor
For cryin' out loud. This exact question is only half a page down!
Patience, grasshopper. A mod will be along shortly to merge the threads.

XXL

Old 09-05-2003, 01:54 AM
XR4TiSam
Senior User
bed liners

Boot to the head!

Old 09-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Supercrewser
New User
bed liners

I've got to agree with the Sprayliner option. I've had it installed on my 2003 F150 and it's thick, durable, and nothing slides around in the bed. My cost was $169 + tax. I have been told that the Rhino is grippy, but can be cut with a shovel or other sharp object. And that the Line-X is tough, but objects can still slide around a bit. The Sprayliner combines the best aspects of both of the better know brands. It cost a whole lot less too! How can you go wrong?

Good luck

Old 09-11-2003, 10:33 AM
trukgrl
Freshman User
bed liners

Went to the sprayliner website and hell, I'd go for it if there were a place on the east coast that did it. Looks like i can only find locations on the west coast in which case, it would be cheaper for me to go with rhino or line-x. Line-x is looking really good right now. . . I basically just need a liner to protect the bed from normal use. . . it's not a work truck and the sharpest thing it will probably ever see is a plastic pitch fork. Thanks for your input though, i do appreciate it.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Supercrewser
New User
bed liners

I called the Sparyliner phone # on their web site (fortunately it's in my area code). I was told that they have affiliates in Florida, Alabama and will be opening a location in Maryland in about 30 days (the guy is scheduled to be trained in 3 weeks). I don't know where you're located or what your urgency is, so this info. may or may not help you. If you are in or near any of these states, you can call the # on the web site to locate the dealer nearest you.

Otherwise, either the Rhino or Line-X sounds like it will work for your application. Just shop around for the best price. Line-X is advertising a $25 discount out here, so they might be feeling the pressure of the new comer.

Also, I mistakenly listed the wrong price I paid for Sparyliner on my last post. It should read "$269 + tax".

Good luck...

Supercrewser

Quick Reply: bed liners