Notices

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:22 PM
trukgrl
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bed liners

thank you for your help, maryland is close but it's still a good 2-3 hours away from me. I'm probably going to have to go with line-x which isn't really that bad, they gave me a good quote. . . The bed of the truck is looking pretty bad considering that factory drop-in liner has done plenty of damage. . . I'd really just like to protect the bed from any further damage, it will be sandblasted before the liner goes in at any rate. Next step is to redo what ford calls a dual exhaust.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:20 PM
KNZRHOG
Junior User
bed liners

I stopped by a local paint supplier to get info on painting my truck. The guy pointed out the bed liner kits. For less than $90 you can get the liner, gun and everything else you need. The kit should do 2 shortbeds. I'm doin my own and then doin a buddy's to pay for the stuff.

Old 09-16-2003, 03:00 PM
dutchman196
New User
bed liners

Just sprayed my own bed with Gator Guard II Truck Bed liner from Eastwood (www.eastwood.com). I ended using 3 sets for my shortbed truck and spraying it (you can also rol and brush it on). It looks very professional and great. Cost over all with Shuts type spray gun, sanding sponges, Zylene (mineral cleaner) and tape/masking about $200 and a day of work. Oh yes and you need to have a compressor. I can truely recommend it

Dutchman

Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
BryanSanDiego
New User
Exclamation Be Warned of SprayLiner's Bad Business Practices

This is the low-down on the company SprayLiner this company has been around for a while in San Diego and I believe they also have other markets such as Arizona. The company started off by stealing dealer accounts away from Rhino on the wholesale side and then later teamed up with Leer truck Facilities. They were shooting out of a few locations in San Diego. About 2 years ago they closed their doors in San Diego because of decline in wholesale accounts do to the lack of quality of service. If you called the number on their brochure they said they were no longer doing business in San Diego. All the companies that used them tried to get warrantee work done and they would not do it. They had failures at all levels from wholesale retail and commercial. For example they had done some water trucks for the County of San Diego. And the product failed and destroyed the pumps inside these trucks when the county would try to get them fixed they closed up shop. I would have to say that there product failed do to one simple physics theory called Boils Law’s of Expansion and Contraction. If you encapsulate a porous material it will trap air and expand and contract with heat and cooling causing it to work its way out to the surface. “this is speculation on the cause of failure I just can tell you what I saw not what I was told.” I have some old trucks done by their company 3-4 years back and will never use them again and would suggest anyone that practices bad business should be punished for it. My trucks now have sand / composite coming out to the surface that will rub off in your hand. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Stick with the others this is my opinion based on prior experience. To validate my claim I was serviced by leer truck facilities that shot sprayliner through a ford dealer, they may be cheap but not worth it. So just remember all the customers like me that had the liner done a few years back when they were doing business in San Diego got the royal shaft by them and I guarantee I can get a letter from the old buyer of the “County of San Diego” to back up my claim so be warned BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES. Moderators to let you know I gave sprayliner a fair chance to respond years ago in both locations that sprayed their products in San Diego to no avail. I no longer would like to resolve the dispute as they voiced their opinion when they closed their doors and told me to go away.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I just purchased the Qwik Liner cartridge system for my buisness. I sprayed my 88F150 for my first truck. The bed was really in bad shape. I'm going to spray the inside of a friends bronco for my next truck. Check my gallery for before and after pics. They are under attitude adjustment.

Attached Images    

Last edited by rbloodhound; 08-24-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Heres a couple more pics.

Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2007, 06:19 PM
BryanSanDiego
New User
Thumbs up Clarifying post

Not to be confused

Dear readers not to confuse anyone in my previous post please note I am referring to the company “SprayLiner” not sprayoncorp. It came to my attention the other day when I received an email from one company saying that people where being confused by this post and for that I apologize the company that is in question, doing wrong was “SprayLiner” Shooting from leer truck facilities and not the other company mentioned. Once again sorry for not clarifying the above post and any confusion I may have caused for the other company that has done no wrong.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:39 AM
wrobo23
Elder User
Somewhat shameless pics of what I just had done... so I'm a little excited!

My first (and def. NOT my last) Line-X. $429 out the door. I'm extremely impressed. I wish I would have taken before/after shots. The drop in was in terrible condition with two spots that had holes, underneath made me wanna scream... all's better now! I HIGHLY recommend this liner! No affilitaion, just love!

Old 10-06-2007, 12:15 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,116 Likes on 1,014 Posts
I've had both Line-X on my 05 and Rhino on my old 92. Both gave me no problems, but I prefer the Line-X. Personal preference...I like the looks better.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Here's some LINE-X pics for you. Not all are Fords, hope that's OK. Enjoy!

Entire vehicle has been LINE-X'd:

Old 10-09-2007, 06:27 PM
BigBlueMacDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

A new sprayed liner has opened in my town. It is "Superliner", and by a parent company called Bedliner. I am leaning heavily toward the Line-X at $480, but Superliner is $50 bucks cheaper. Regardless of the price, I want a good liner. Can anyone tell me anything good,or bad about about Superliner or how it stacks up against Line-X?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:31 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Superliner, Speedliner, and Scorpian (Superliner was started by ex-Speedliner employees): Solvent based brushable polyurea paint, similiar to marine paint. (Rhino and LINE-X contain no solvents.) You mix one gallon of resin with one quart of activator and brush it on, roll it on, or use a hopper gun. Dry time is a few hours, cures in 72 hours. Since polyurea alone does not have good adhesion properties, these brands must first apply an adhesive primer so that the product will stick to the bed. (Rhino and LINE-X do not need a primer.) Some dealers use non-fading pigments, some don't, you need to inquire with your specific dealer. The solvent is ethyl acetate, which is EXTREMELY dangerous, the vapors alone are literally explosive. Speedliner's website states that after 2,000 hours (that's less than 3 months), the bedliner can lose up to 20% of its gloss. Do to the solvent content, these dealers MUST be in an approved full paint spray booth which is rather expensive and most dealers do not have. In the last year, OSHA has been VERY active in the bediner industry. They were at my shop about two months ago. They shut down the Speedliner dealer in Arlington, TX for no approved booth. It's just my opinion, but these solvent based bedliner brands are not going to survive. I hate to sound mean, but if one of these brands opens near me and they do not have an approved full paint spray booth, I'll shut them down within a week.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 AM
DaMole
Posting Guru
Bigblue get the line-x you will not be disappointed. We have had them in all of our work trucks and they take a beating and never mess up. Cheaper by $50 is not worth it at all in my opinion.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
BigBlueMacDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That helps a bunch TruckDaddy and ObxRedNeck! An important thing to me, is that I can get the liner serviced if it does get damaged, and if they aren't going to be around, then there will be no service! I don't want it to fade out in a short time either, even though I am going with Black, and a tonneau cover. So, one further question..... Does Linex suffer from a "Fade" problem, and would this be an operator-controlled thing? By the way, thanks for the replies.......

Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Superliner does not offer a lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide. So, if the dealer goes out of business or you move, you're out of luck. LINE-X and Rhino offer nationwide lifetime warranties.

If you choose LINE-X Xtra, as opposed to just basic LINE-X, the bedliner will resist fading and loss of gloss. Those pics I posted of LINE-X bedliners all have Xtra, so 5 years from now, they will still look that good.

Quick Reply: bed liners