Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Junior User

doocrue is starting off with a positive reputation.
Navigator L owners?

I have noticed that I don't see any posts from any Navigator owners on the 2007+ body style. Are there any owners out there that have one of these and are they worth the extra $$$ over the Expy EL. We are possibly in the market for something bigger (out growing minivan) and have been researching quite a bit. I did notice how much more the used Navigators are compared to the used Expeditions. Is there that much difference in the two since you can get an Expy with pretty much the same options as the Lincoln for a lot less money. Feedback appreciated.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought the Expedition XLT model for various reasons including I could get it withOUT the air suspension. This is my primary towing vehicle and air suspension just complicates that.

I'm even allowed to park my XLT at the Yacht Club, even though it's not a Lincoln!

Things like power running boards, rear hatch, etc. are just fluff that breaks in my experience.

Hard to believe the Lincoln could ride any better or be more quiet than the XLT. I love look of the front end of the Lincoln, but hate the rear!

Does Ford put a different engine in the Lincoln?

-- Chuck
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
We love our Navigator L.

Originally we were looking at Expedition ELs but I wanted one with lots of toys and the Expy's with toys are expy-ensive.

Now an XLT or Eddie would have cost less, but I wasn't finding many Eddie's that were really loaded up.

The used vehicle market is much less efficient than the new market. That means if you take your time, know just what you want, and don't mind riding a few hundred miles to get it, you can really score.

Ours is under warranty until February 2011... I think Lincoln,s 4year/50,000 warranty might be the Ford's warranty. Check the in-service date on whatever you buy.

I'm sure we would have been very happy with an Eddie or Limited, but I'm tickled we got the Navigator. Oh, it's got the same engine as the Expy. The 4wd Expys have low-range and the Navi doesn't... some how I don't think that will ever matter. First Gear in the six-speeds is pretty steep so I can't imagine why I'd ever need low-range in the Navigator.

Maybe an XLT would be just as quiet, but it wouldn't have the 600 watt THX stereo to enjoy!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got an 2010 Expedition EL limited 4x4. .. it has all the options I want. With the ford you lose a little bling, a little more stylish looks (although this one is debatable), and about $12,000. Well worth it in my book to just get the expy. You don't get a whole bunch extra stuff with the jump to lincoln like you would with the jump from a burban to an escalade.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 PM
New User

XFML is starting off with a positive reputation.
On the Navigator, I noticed that the front power windows have an auto up AND down where the Expy has just only on the driver's side. The center console on the navigators are more confortable or softer than the hard/square console lid on the Expys. At least, the Navi's have the HIDs in front. On the newer ones, from 2009-on, there is a front sonar on the bumpers as well as in the rear for the Lincoln. The cool thing on the Expys is there there are not holes for rear sonars, so it doesn't not distract the look of the rear bumper.

The leather seats on the navigator feels softer and more realistic. For some reason, the expys has paper thin leather, but otherwise comfortable.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Non leather seating was yet another reason I got the XLT!

My major complaint with the XLT is the HVAC system is not thermostatically controlled so I'm constantly fiddling with it. But the price difference paid for my camper!

Click the image to open in full size.

-- Chuck
Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Junior User

Yeah, we just got back from our local dealer after test driving a new 2010 Expy Ltd. Pretty much loaded up with everything except the 20's. My wife liked it and so did I. Pretty hard to swallow the price at almost 56k. We have an '05 Monterey that we would trade but price is too much. We told the dealer to look for something used.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
I paid about 60% of that a few months ago for our '07 Navi L with 32,000 miles on it and it's got every toy Lincoln had in the brochure. Hmm, I might have saved enough to buy a nice camper trailer too! I liked that idea!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Junior User

gr8dain is starting off with a positive reputation.
We looked at both (used) and went with the Expy with evry option except air suspension (I think) and captain's chairs in the middle. The reason we went Expy was due to the fact that we coupld not find a Navi without the captains chairs. We wanted to be able to seat 8.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Junior User

Do you find it hard to get into the back seat with the 2nd row bench? I have seen quite a few Navigators with the center console in the 2nd row. I guess that is an option. Just looks like a pain to have to always climb over a seat to get in. BTW, the Expy in your avitar looks sweet.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Junior User

gr8dain is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks. This is our second. The first was an EB that was totalled by someone running a red light. This Limited does come off looking a bit "fancier" and upscale. It must be the pearlescent paint.

As for getting into the third row, it is really easy, The final flip to fold the seat out of the way is smooth and seems assisted by springs. Makes the seat seem lighter than it looks. And if you want, the middle can be left laying flat (cargo mode). You lose the armrests though.

We would get much more use out of the eighth seat than a center console.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2007, air, el, expedition, navigator, suspension, versus