6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

AutoEnginuity Code Scanner Source

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 AM
barttalk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoEnginuity Code Scanner Source

I found this source to buy the AE scanner with the Ford Enhanced addon. Is this the right one to be able to scan all the sensors for my 2004 F250 PSD? Can anyone confirm? Has anyone done business with this site and if so, would you recommend them?

Auto Enginuity Total Ford OBD-II Bundle (Includes ST06 & EI01)

Thanks

Old 06-01-2010, 06:36 AM
ehgeeray
Senior User
Yes that is what you need. You may want to consider buying from a "Diesel" site such as "Riff Raff Diesel" or "ITP Diesel" to support the community. They are the same price as this site and they both have very good customer support. Riff Raff Diesel currently has free shipping, I'm not sure about ITP...

Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by barttalk
I found this source to buy the AE scanner with the Ford Enhanced addon. Is this the right one to be able to scan all the sensors for my 2004 F250 PSD? Can anyone confirm? Has anyone done business with this site and if so, would you recommend them?

Auto Enginuity Total Ford OBD-II Bundle (Includes ST06 & EI01)

Thanks
That is the software that I use to scan and I have 3 PC based software that I use and that is one that is the most comprehensive that I have, so based on that I would imagine that it would be the only one that you would ever need. Plus when you get another vehicle or a "new" vehicle to replace that one, all you would more then likely have to do is just keep up your Enhanced license if it's a Ford and you're golden on that one as well.

As to the place you are getting it from I can't comment on that. I actually got it directly from AE, it was before I was aware of the other vendors out there. I hear a lot of people have success getting it from RiffRaff Diesel.

The one thing that I'm a little confused on based on that website is the footnote that they have:

<SUP>1</SUP>Enhanced interface comes with a special stand-alone controller.

Only some special enhancements come with a special mongoose(if that is what they are calling the stand-alone controller), but the Ford license doesn't have one. Honda does though. So do Porsche if you want to get the expanded sensors and actuation commands. I just don't know where that line is coming from or I could be thinking the wrong thing.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the AE and my nephew uses it so much for all the different vehicles he works on I never have it when I need it. He loves it. I am going to buy him his own as a bonus for the work he is doing for me right now. I bought mine from ITP but would buy the next one from RiffRaff. Nuf said

Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
That is the software that I use to scan and I have 3 PC based software that I use and that is one that is the most comprehensive that I have, so based on that I would imagine that it would be the only one that you would ever need. Plus when you get another vehicle or a "new" vehicle to replace that one, all you would more then likely have to do is just keep up your Enhanced license if it's a Ford and you're golden on that one as well.

As to the place you are getting it from I can't comment on that. I actually got it directly from AE, it was before I was aware of the other vendors out there. I hear a lot of people have success getting it from RiffRaff Diesel.

The one thing that I'm a little confused on based on that website is the footnote that they have:

<SUP>1</SUP>Enhanced interface comes with a special stand-alone controller.

Only some special enhancements come with a special mongoose(if that is what they are calling the stand-alone controller), but the Ford license doesn't have one. Honda does though. So do Porsche if you want to get the expanded sensors and actuation commands. I just don't know where that line is coming from or I could be thinking the wrong thing.
Do you mean the Proline connector? It is now standard on the Ford Bundle as well.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Do you mean the Proline connector? It is now standard on the Ford Bundle as well.
That might be what the ad means. When I got mine the ProLine and the regular was seperate. ProLine used to add a significant increase in cost so I just went with the regular Ford Enhanced license.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
That might be what the ad means. When I got mine the ProLine and the regular was seperate. ProLine used to add a significant increase in cost so I just went with the regular Ford Enhanced license.
Ok, that makes sense then. Now they come with the Proline at the same price. Which is great because if you want to use it on a newer CAN vehicle or come of the other bundles you don't have to have 2 hardware connectors.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Ok, that makes sense then. Now they come with the Proline at the same price. Which is great because if you want to use it on a newer CAN vehicle or come of the other bundles you don't have to have 2 hardware connectors.
I don't have a problem with the 2010 though getting a reading and those switched over to CAN. As did the both Lexus vehicles that my parents have. It might be able to still pull more from those vehicles then what I can get. Which sucks in one way, but in another it doesn't make much difference because it can do more then I have the know-how to handle. Atleast for the gassers.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 AM
barttalk
New User
Thanks for the advice fella's. I ordered the AE scanner from RiffRaff Diesel yesterday. Expressed shipped it so it should be here tomorrow. Then the fun begins ;-)